Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward: I Don't Deserve Kovalev Unless I Perform With Barrera

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I personally don't think of that as a positive thing so we just disagree there. I think nationalism and "supporting your own" in non-team sports is a sign of small-mindedness tied to other things which I won't take the time to get into. In economics, it's necessary. In sport, I make no ethnic, racial, or geographic association with boxers. My all-time "favorites" are Calzaghe to Hearns. So, I don't get why anyone needs to support someone because they happen to look similar or live nearby.

Regarding the other, you missed what I was saying about the irony.
    Spot on,most posters support fighters due to race or nationalism plain and simple.....

Comment

And the first to bring up Golovkins name itt wasn't even a groupie

Comment

I like how every Ward hater is captivated with him, in every thread, spending hours of their lives saying; "He's irrelevant and no one cares!!"

[IMG]http://www.lovethi****.com/uploaded_images/53527-Irony.jpg[/IMG]
        Oh they care. Their only hope is to get him banned from TV like Rigo so he can't fight their idols. Only difference is 95% of Rigo's problems are self inflicted. If he made better business moves he would be still making title defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
          Oh GAWD. A Ward thread. Here come the racists and the Gullible Gennady Groupies.
          At least GGG haters post from their main account. Ward threads are like:

GGGkovkiller: Ward your a buummmmmm
          KovKKKGGG: Ward your a clincher....
          GODlovKov: Ward your a headbutting cheater
          KrushGGod: Ward...your a ducker
          Daggum: Ward your a cheater!!!!
          GennadyKrusherKov: Ward....your boring!!!!!!
          KrusherGodKov: Ward...you have no fans!!!!
          Godlovkinkkkafkodkrusher: Ward, you are a bum, a clincher, a headbutting cheater and you have no fans because you are boring and only half white. Sieg heil!
          Last edited by kafkod; 03-25-2016, 05:55 PM.

Comment

You're right Ward, you don't deserve it. This is your first legit opponent at 175 and there are guys like the pimp, and Beterbiev that deserve the shot before you. However I'm more than happy seeing you get the shot because once Kovalev ends your career i won't have to see your ugly fighting style.

Comment

Lol laughed so damn hard

Comment

"If i dont do good against barrera then i know i cant beat kovalev so ill just fake another injury"

Comment

I find it intriguing that, this whole time, he's been measuring himself and looking to see where he's at. He hasn't acted entitled or as if he's already the champ as many fighters do. He's genuinely feeling out where he's at. Some would call it weakness but I think it's intelligence and humility coming from the smartest fighter in the game.
                  It's an admirable trait to have. For a guy who has reached the pinnacle of his sport, he seems pretty grounded.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                    the hardcores care

but lets be honest they have a point, the masses don't care

why don't black Americans get behind Ward? hell why don't All Americans get behind Ward?

in the uk we get behind our fighters, such as Jousha

why cant Ward cross over? what is it about ward which makes him so boring to watch and unappealing
                    It takes a lot for Americans to get behind their fighters. That's why when you see an American fight a foreign guy in the states it's not uncommon to hear more pro chants for the opponent than the American fighting at home. Cunningham just said its gonna sound like Poland at Barclay's when he fights Glowacki. It sounded like Poland in Atlantc City when Chambers fought Adamek too. Hell, Floyd didn't get popular with mainstream until he hit 30, if Floyd were British he probably would have been a bonafide star coming out of the amateurs. Same with Ward.

Comment

Man I just died

Post of year so far

Comment

Working...
                      X