Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather To Golovkin: Beat Andre Ward, Then I'll Fight You!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reality is that GGG is getting a lot of well-deserved props, but he can't be on the elite level with championships at one weight class, and definitely not with the level of fighters he's faced so far. GGG is good, but he has yet to prove he's great:

March 22, 2016:

The 50 Greatest Welterweights

Floyd Mayweather defeated more ranked welterweight contenders than Thomas Hearns (rankings by Ring/TBRB). He defeated more top five contenders than almost anyone outside the top ten, aside from the likes of Jackie Fields – but Fields also lost to a handful of welterweights. Mayweather was unbeaten.

Mayweather defeated more welterweight lineal champions than Barney Ross. Working by the scorecards of the judges he was, for the most part, in non-competitive fights at the weight. He made a past-prime Manny Pacquiao, his #1 contender at the weight, look like a journeyman. He defeated more #1 ranked fighters (champions or top rated contenders) than all but the most storied of fighters. He boxed only three unranked men at the weight, two of whom were soft touches (Sharmba Mitchell, his first fight at the weight, and Andre Berto) and Ricky Hatton, the light-welterweight champion of the world and universally recognized pound-for-pounder, who he knocked out.

He was one of the few men to become a two-time lineal world-welterweight champion and the only man who ever did it without losing a fight...

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...part-five-10-1

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
      I like this. Prove you're on the elite level and then win the lotto by getting that Mayweather fight. Nothing wrong with this at all

WAR GG
      yea yea andre berto!

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
        Garcia-Mayweather would be such a bad fight. If he came back, I'd rather it be against the winner of Thurman-Porter
        By that point, Garcia vs. Thurman/Porter winner to unify WBC and WBA will already have happened. Maybe that's why Thurman is going through with the Porter fight even though he believes he should be paid more than he is... because Al has informed these guys that Mayweather is the prize of the little tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          That makes a whole lot of sense, put on 15 pounds beat Ward and then somehow lose 25 and I will fight you at 150. At this point I wish Floyd would sit his salty @ss down and focus on promoting.
          Again, you havr no clue WTF you're talking about. GGG wouldn't have to gain **** to fight Ward. All he has to do in come in under whatever the agreed upon weight limit is. If he wants to come in at 158-159 like he always does, cool. Nothing in the rules says ge has to balloon to whatever the agreed upon like it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            The reality is that GGG is getting a lot of well-deserved props, but he can't be on the elite level with championships at one weight class, and definitely not with the level of fighters he's faced so far. GGG is good, but he has yet to prove he's great:

March 22, 2016:

The 50 Greatest Welterweights

Floyd Mayweather defeated more ranked welterweight contenders than Thomas Hearns (rankings by Ring/TBRB). He defeated more top five contenders than almost anyone outside the top ten, aside from the likes of Jackie Fields – but Fields also lost to a handful of welterweights. Mayweather was unbeaten.

Mayweather defeated more welterweight lineal champions than Barney Ross. Working by the scorecards of the judges he was, for the most part, in non-competitive fights at the weight. He made a past-prime Manny Pacquiao, his #1 contender at the weight, look like a journeyman. He defeated more #1 ranked fighters (champions or top rated contenders) than all but the most storied of fighters. He boxed only three unranked men at the weight, two of whom were soft touches (Sharmba Mitchell, his first fight at the weight, and Andre Berto) and Ricky Hatton, the light-welterweight champion of the world and universally recognized pound-for-pounder, who he knocked out.

He was one of the few men to become a two-time lineal world-welterweight champion and the only man who ever did it without losing a fight...

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...part-five-10-1
            but the most storied fighters...lol aka the greats which floyd could not match. also marquez was ranked where when floyd fought him? crap like this gets published and people take it seriously why? its so biased saying how manny looked like a journeyman even thoguh he landed the much cleaner punches lol. i guess floyd looked like eric crumble?

Comment

Originally posted by meme_man View Post
              my reaction right there bro

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                By that point, Garcia vs. Thurman/Porter winner to unify WBC and WBA will already have happened. Maybe that's why Thurman is going through with the Porter fight even though he believes he should be paid more than he is... because Al has informed these guys that Mayweather is the prize of the little tournament.
                I would hope Danny loses at some point then. Stylistically, Danny has nothing to offer in a Floyd fight. He'd win as many rounds as Floyd lets him

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  Again, you havr no clue WTF you're talking about. GGG wouldn't have to gain **** to fight Ward. All he has to do in come in under whatever the agreed upon weight limit is. If he wants to come in at 158-159 like he always does, cool. Nothing in the rules says ge has to balloon to whatever the agreed upon like it is.
                  Why would he come into the ring being outweighed by 20 pounds? Yet I have no clue...amazing your logic...seriously. This is why there are weight divisions and you don't see featherweights fighting 2-3 times above their weight class. Fight makes about as much sense as Floyd himself fighting Dirrell or anyone at 168 and we both know full well Floyd ain't fighting nobody again.
                  Last edited by turnedup; 03-24-2016, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Golovkin isn't man enough to fight Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                      Why would he come into the ring being outweighed by 20 pounds? Yet I have no clue...amazing your logic...seriously. This is why there are weight divisions and you don't see featherweights fighting 2-3 times above their weight class.
                      Floyd often entered the ring 15lbs+ less than his opponent. Not that big a deal when you're truly great.

Comment

Working...
                      X