No announcement yet.

What we know about Haymon pt. II summary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    I don't care about none of this BS, where the matches. Been a awful weekend probably for the last 2-3 weeks with no big fights or anything. This weekend things pick up again for boxing but they have too many of these Gaps in their schedule in which it is absolutely nothing going on
    March Madness. They said they werent going to go up against it and its a smart move IMO. Plus March 12th we were supposed to have a fight but got cancelled. So really its only been 1 weekend that didnt have anything scheduled

And thats kinda the norm. Boxing isnt every weekend and never has been

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      Why does it matter if he's a consultant for HBO? As long as what he is saying is true and if it's not people will poke holes in it or he will get sued. But if it's the truth I could care less who provides the info. This is a tactic people use when they don't want to address the issue they just try to paint the person delivering the message as not creditable as they refuse to address any of their points. The people who were writing book that exposed Barry Bonds were painted as people with a axe to grind against Bonds. Idiots discredited their accusations for years on that basis but as the years went on we saw how much truth were in that book and how much of a steroid cheat Bonds really was and years later those guys have been vindicated in what they said from day one. For damn near a decade idiots said the news outlet that were accusing Lance Armstrong for cheating and being bad for the sport were just jealous and hated Lance or hated the idea of an American dominating a euro sport. Most of the biggest scandals are exposed by people that many labeled as having an axe to grind or some agenda.

I'm going to wait till all pieces of Hauser story is released before I judge but if it exposes Haymon I could care less if he worked for HBO or it it was released by Ring Magazine as long as it's true and makes valid points
      The issue was disclosure, not the fact that he works for HBO. If working for HBO doesn't skew your view why not mention it? Why is he hiding it? That's Journalism 101. That's why you see other journalist calling him out on it.

Comment

Why does it matter if he's a consultant for HBO? As long as what he is saying is true and if it's not people will poke holes in it or he will get sued. But if it's the truth I could care less who provides the info. This is a tactic people use when they don't want to address the issue they just try to paint the person delivering the message as not creditable as they refuse to address any of their points. The people who were writing book that exposed Barry Bonds were painted as people with a axe to grind against Bonds. Idiots discredited their accusations for years on that basis but as the years went on we saw how much truth were in that book and how much of a steroid cheat Bonds really was and years later those guys have been vindicated in what they said from day one. For damn near a decade idiots said the news outlet that were accusing Lance Armstrong for cheating and being bad for the sport were just jealous and hated Lance or hated the idea of an American dominating a euro sport. Most of the biggest scandals are exposed by people that many labeled as having an axe to grind or some agenda.

I'm going to wait till all pieces of Hauser story is released before I judge but if it exposes Haymon I could care less if he worked for HBO or it it was released by Ring Magazine as long as it's true and makes valid points
        And we keep hearing HBO cut it's boxing budget again but no one is writing about it. Hauser used to be the one to write about stuff like. That's why he was bought out by HBO. Now he doesn't write about HBO anymore. Notice the reporters calling him out. It's mostly those who are protected because they write for major publications. The rest are small reporters for websites and are afraid to piss of the BWAA. Hauser sits on the senior advisory board of the BWAA. Iole, Coppinger, and Pugmire are members but they all write for major outlets.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          The issue was disclosure, not the fact that he works for HBO. If working for HBO doesn't skew your view why not mention it? Why is he hiding it? That's Journalism 101. That's why you see other journalist calling him out on it.
          Yet when those reporters started exposing Bonds never did they disclose their numerous negative run ins with Bonds. Something the Bonds team used against them when the accusations came out. And I could care less if they add a footnote at the bottom stating their ties hell ESPN has had people yell that they need to add footnotes explaining the ties they have business ties specifically and they still refuse to do so. So how is it journalism 101 when ESPN the biggest sports media provider DOES not disclose when they speak on many issues that others question their agenda. Fact is ESPN has numerous business relationships and never state them for readers in their articles that may or may not influence the agenda of that article. If you need that 1 line to make you feel better or Iole feel better that's on you. My issue is the content and not trying to bash the messenger. Again just look back the last few decades and almost every big sports scandal was exposed by someone that was accused of being bias/skewed/having an agenda ect. Haymon fanboys pulling that card out just in case there is a bomb shell or something negative against Haymon that is released this week. If something Hauser publishes is not true then people will poke holes in it and he will get sued it's really that simple. But to dismiss what he says because you think he has an axe to grind is the same defense Bonds, Armstrong, and many others used as they were rightfully being exposed.
          Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-22-2016, 02:24 PM.

Comment

The media hates Haymon and the fighters love him. I'll side with the fighters

Comment

Were these added in later?

After Part 1:

Thomas Hauser can be reached by email at thauser@rcn.com. His most recent book – A Hurting Sport – was published by the University of Arkansas Press. In 2004, the Boxing Writers Association of America honored Hauser with the Nat Fleischer Award for Career Excellence in Boxing Journalism. He also is a paid consultant for HBO Sports.

Part 2:

Hauser is a consultant for HBO Sports.

Thomas Hauser can be reached by email at thauser@rcn.com. His most recent book – A Hurting Sport – was published by the University of Arkansas Press. In 2004, the Boxing Writers Association of America honored Hauser with the Nat Fleischer Award for career excellence in boxing journalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                Were these added in later?

After Part 1:

Part 2:
                Yea they were added after Coppinger called him out on it.

Comment

Yet when those reporters started exposing Bonds never did they disclose their numerous negative run ins with Bonds. Something the Bonds team used against them when the accusations came out. And I could care less if they add a footnote at the bottom stating their ties hell ESPN has had people yell that they need to add footnotes explaining the ties they have business ties specifically and they still refuse to do so. So how is it journalism 101 when ESPN the biggest sports media provider DOES not disclose when they speak on many issues that others question their agenda. Fact is ESPN has numerous business relationships and never state them for readers in their articles that may or may not influence the agenda of that article. If you need that 1 line to make you feel better or Iole feel better that's on you. My issue is the content and not trying to bash the messenger. Again just look back the last few decades and almost every big sports scandal was exposed by someone that was accused of being bias/skewed/having an agenda ect. Haymon fanboys pulling that card out just in case there is a bomb shell or something negative against Haymon that is released this week. If something Hauser publishes is not true then people will poke holes in it and he will get sued it's really that simple. But to dismiss what he says because you think he has an axe to grind is the same defense Bonds, Armstrong, and many others used as they were rightfully being exposed.
                  There's a difference an axe to grind and a hired hitman going after the competition. Why doesn't Hauser write about HBO since he started working for them? Hauser was the one who used to tell us the inner workings of HBO boxing. He compromised himself when he allowed himself to be bought and whored out by HBO. He's a sell out.

Comment

that was a good read

Comment

Hauser is basically Jeff Goldbloom's character from "The Great White Hype"

Comment

Working...
                      X