No announcement yet.

What we know about Haymon pt. II summary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    This is nuts. Kevin Iole with the balls. Best real politics of the sport for 2016.
    his articles never reeked of nonsense or bias or if there was i didint see it. Boxing media is horrible for the most part. Real talk, i legitimately do not care about Al Haymon and you get posters caring about him by proxy of hating mayweathe to the core. There are some lulz matches on PBC and some good ones and some meh ones (Im looking at you broner), but i can remember a ton of threads saying how people wanted boxing on regular tv, well its back, but you shoot the messenger and miss the message.

Comment

So HBO, Hauser and GBP are all working together to take down Haymon? Lol, well that seals it then. These guys are desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
        There's also a part about Lamon Brewster in there but I didn't pay to much attention to it because he sourced a writer for Sports Illustrated instead of talking directly to Brewster. Brewster isn't hard to find. He gives interviews about Al Haymon

Yeah, the same Lamon Brewster that Hauser keeps pointing to as an example of Haymon's malfeasance.

Comment

Kevin Iole makes a point, the fact that Hauser is on Ring Mag and a paid HBO consultant, as we've been saying for the longest, how can reader not be reminded of conflicts of interest?

Iole is pretty much saying that Hauser is a dumbass plain and simple, and I think he's doing Hauser a favor as to warn him what he will soon be publishing from the ''series'' or else Can Boxing Really Trust Hauser?

It's obviously some surprise or revelation or else hiring Hauser to present Haymon as a ''good guy'' contradicts the whole court issue with Golden Boy vs Haymon.

As Iole stated, has Haymon treated boxers unfairly? Did he break the Ali Act?

:

Comment

My take from part II is that Haymon seems to be operating on a whole different level than everyone else. Everybody got complacent with doing business as usual. Run to HBO for money. Run to Showtime for money. Build up a fighter then charge even more money to watch him on PPV. With HBO Boxing budget cuts over the past 10 years the sport was becoming even more of a niche sport. Arum was given an opportunity last year on Tru TV and didn't take advantage of it. Still put on the same in house mis-matches to showcase his prospects. There are hundreds of channels on basic cable that someone can go after. Dusty Harrison's next fight is on BET. The opportunity is out there.

Comment

Why does it matter if he's a consultant for HBO? As long as what he is saying is true and if it's not people will poke holes in it or he will get sued. But if it's the truth I could care less who provides the info. This is a tactic people use when they don't want to address the issue they just try to paint the person delivering the message as not creditable as they refuse to address any of their points. The people who were writing book that exposed Barry Bonds were painted as people with a axe to grind against Bonds. Idiots discredited their accusations for years on that basis but as the years went on we saw how much truth were in that book and how much of a steroid cheat Bonds really was and years later those guys have been vindicated in what they said from day one. For damn near a decade idiots said the news outlet that were accusing Lance Armstrong for cheating and being bad for the sport were just jealous and hated Lance or hated the idea of an American dominating a euro sport. Most of the biggest scandals are exposed by people that many labeled as having an axe to grind or some agenda.

I'm going to wait till all pieces of Hauser story is released before I judge but if it exposes Haymon I could care less if he worked for HBO or it it was released by Ring Magazine as long as it's true and makes valid points
              Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-22-2016, 01:41 PM.

Comment

My take from part II is that Haymon seems to be operating on a whole different level than everyone else. Everybody got complacent with doing business as usual. Run to HBO for money. Run to Showtime for money. Build up a fighter then charge even more money to watch him on PPV. With HBO Boxing budget cuts over the past 10 years the sport was becoming even more of a niche sport. Arum was given an opportunity last year on Tru TV and didn't take advantage of it. Still put on the same in house mis-matches to showcase his prospects. There are hundreds of channels on basic cable that someone can go after. Dusty Harrison's next fight is on BET. The opportunity is out there.
                Iole must lurk around here from time to time. He even criticized the people who complain about PBC's funding. lol

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  as long as it's true and makes valid point
                  Yeah it's clear that Hauser and HBO have ALL THE ANSWERS! It's gotta be true!

Comment

I don't care about none of this BS, where the matches. Been a awful weekend probably for the last 2-3 weeks with no big fights or anything. This weekend things pick up again for boxing but they have too many of these Gaps in their schedule in which it is absolutely nothing going on

Comment

Iole spitting that hot fire

Comment

Working...
                      X