No announcement yet.

Insight into why Fat Dan Rafael hates Haymon fighters and PBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    but idk about getting turned into an intellectual. People love to act like Ali was boxing Jesus & to overrate everything he is & he did. He's mostly a very talented strategic boxer (a HW more entertaining Floyd if you will, many of his title fights are beyond boring with him largely just throwing jabs for 12, 15 rounds, that fact is overlooked cuz he was in some of the most historic & entertaining HW fights in history arguably), who had the gift of gab & was at the right place & time & made many good decisions during that period.
    no no no. Look at his talk show interviews. Nobody is speaking for him, he's speaking as a grown African American in an America which was more racist than today... I hope.

Ali was more intellectual than a Bhop or a Tyson any day of the week, especially politically.

Anyhow, this has nothing to do with Hauser that scum piece of shlt, in the trunk he goes..

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Because Haymon refuses to kiss the ring (bending to Rafael, granting him all the access that he feels his "status" merits)? gtfoh.

No venues have issues with Haymon, no TV people (outside of HBO) have issues with Haymon, no fighter managers seem to have issues working with Haymon, and no fight trainers/gyms (sans Top Rank) seem to harbor any animosity towards Haymon.

The boxing media likely won't do him any favors, but the mechanics of actually delivering the fights to the fans is just fine.

Nice to know your shilling for Big Gay Al isn't just limited to this forum.

Bumsniff.

Comment

I like Dan. Dudes articles are the most accurate. And in today's boxing climate you can't write anything positive about someone without the competition saying something else.
        If you like HBO you must hate Showtime.
        If you like a Top rank fighter you must hate PBC.
        Etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
          The problem here is that Dan Rafael has shown ZERO indication that, even with an exclusive interview or getting the 1st question, that he will put the 'right spin' on your product or even fairly report on it.

This is a reporter for the biggest outlet in sports (ESPN), and not once wrote anything significant about the rampant corruption in the sport, the woeful drug testing policies, the contracts promoters habitual pattern of promoters ripping off fighters, networks serving as de facto promoter/managers, etc.

This is a guy who just spent YEARS on the run up to the biggest fight in history and NEVER pinned down Team Pacquiao for a straight and direct answer on their stance on drug testing. He just handed mics to Arum and Roach and printed whatever the hell they said.

How many fans were actually impacted or even knew Rafael wasn't there?

Dude has the most far reaching pulpit for boxing news and spends it in twitter wars and dumb isht (fight dates and touch pieces). What is Dan Rafael's reporting over the past 7-8 years has ever made you a more informed fan?
          Great post. It's a shame that he has the biggest platform to help the sport and he does nothing.

Comment

Another one fat hater in addition to a long list of haters won't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
              I like Dan. Dudes articles are the most accurate. And in today's boxing climate you can't write anything positive about someone without the competition saying something else.
              If you like HBO you must hate Showtime.
              If you like a Top rank fighter you must hate PBC.
              Etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post

I wonder where the "extremely strong chatter" came from since it didn't come from Mayweather nor Cotto's camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post

Didn't say he was 100% accurate. Plus chatter on Twitter is different from actually writing an article.
                  Many times I've read other articles claiming the fight was 100% signed only to find out later it wasn't.

Comment

It is some within the Boxing Media who are extremely arrogant and they think they're bigger than the sport itself and bigger and more important than the fighters.

That is what it usually is, guys upset because either they don't get Invited to something or Credentialed for certain events. Then they get on twitter and hold grudges or write negative articles about whoever is attached to that Manager, Promoter or Adviser.

Not sure what Impact they think they're making. I'm sure the Boxing Section on ESPN website probably gets the least traffic lol Nobody Cares about Boxing unless it Involves Mayweather. Mainstream Media don't even discuss boxing unless Mayweather is somehow attached which is a JOKE

Comment

correct me if I'm wrong, but in boxing there's no regulation on betting. a team, affiliate, sports writer, network exec., boxer, could bet for or against and make money....

Rafael, Pac, and Hauser can hate all they want,secretly, but they've been betting on Floyd for years!! lol

Comment

Working...
                      X