No announcement yet.

Insight into why Fat Dan Rafael hates Haymon fighters and PBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    A "professional" as fatass dan like to call himself... doesn't do the bs things that he does.... blocks people left & right for asking him questions (yes ive seen those smh), always propping up TR fighters above all else... was high on rigo.... once rigo left TR he's been shittin on him ever since.
    Fat Dan's ability to do his job depends on his sources. The information he dropped yesterday on ESPN about the Crawford-Postol fight coming together makes him look valuable, makes him look like he has sources. Haymon doesn't provide that to him so that makes him look worthless.

I understand why Fat Dan would be mad about the fact that he doesn't have any access or inside information into at least 50% of the top boxers in the sport, but I don't understand why he lashes out like a child and acts like Steve Kim or the rest of the MaxBoxing buffoons on Twitter and his ESPN chats.

He really needs to get a grip and try harder. You're a journalist. Don't expect your sources to come crawling to you. Put your track suit on and get good with the PBC guys. I'm sure Haymon wouldn't mind if the largest sports network in America had good things to say about PBC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      Fat Dan's ability to do his job depends on his sources. The information he dropped yesterday on ESPN about the Crawford-Postol fight coming together makes him look valuable, makes him look like he has sources. Haymon doesn't provide that to him so that makes him look worthless.

I understand why Fat Dan would be mad about the fact that he doesn't have any access or inside information into at least 50% of the top boxers in the sport, but I don't understand why he lashes out like a child and acts like Steve Kim or the rest of the MaxBoxing buffoons on Twitter and his ESPN chats.

He really needs to get a grip and try harder. You're a journalist. Don't expect your sources to come crawling to you. Put your track suit on and get good with the PBC guys. I'm sure Haymon wouldn't mind if the largest sports network in America had good things to say about PBC.
      Exactly... all he has to do... is report on boxing that's it.

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
      No surprise.

This fat bastard and Steve Kim are Anti-PBC (and Andre Ward).

THEY are what is wrong with boxing.
      I wanna slap the shit outta those two so bad. They talk hella shit... but thats it... talk.

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
      Is this professional? Should a reporter be picking twitter fights with a boxer because that boxer won't fight a guy the reporter wants him to fight? Is Rafael a reporter or promoter?

hahahaha I remember that Froch ripped him.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        He likes classic old movies and good contemporary ones.

“For a guy who obsesses about flying under the radar, Al has a huge ego,” one business associate notes. “It’s not about what other people think of him. Al couldn’t care less what the rest of the world thinks except for the handful of people he respects. It’s about what he thinks of himself.”

These articles are becoming real embarrassing. And that second quote smh. He makes it sound like that's a bad thing
        ^^^^^ I live my life just like that. Don't give a rats ass about others opinions of me cuz they do absolutely nothing for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          ^^^^^ I live my life just like that. Don't give a rats ass about others opinions of me cuz they do absolutely nothing for me.
          He legit tried to make that come off as Haymon being egotistical, like it's a bad thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            The third part of Hauser's article is up now at the Ring. Sounds like he's gonna write that Haymon is defrauding Waddell & Reed and/or their investors.
            There wasn't a whole lot new in Part Three, although he did talk to Bill King of Sports Business Journal, who wrote the oft-quoted article on Haymon and the PBC last year.

A lot of what Hauser writes seems to be drawn from what was previously known, or speculated on, by others...from Bill King to Lance Pugmire to the "Reddit poster".

At least in that regard, King and the Reddit poster are looking in the same areas regarding the financials...but nobody on the outside really knows what the actual "valuations" are based on.

King based some of his research on quarterly filings with the Securities Exchange Commission made by an entity called the Ivy Asset Strategy Fund, which Caldwell co-managed for Waddell & Reed. The Ivy Asset Strategy Fund included among its holdings an investment designated as “Media Group Holdings LLC, Series H,” which King confirmed was with Haymon.

“Ivy Asset Strategy’s holdings list,” King wrote in Sports Business Journal, “included a $371.3 million investment in the company. A second Waddell fund, WRA Asset Strategy, listed an investment of $42.2 million. A third fund, Ivy Funds VIP Asset Strategy, showed holdings of $18.5 million. Together they invested $432 million. It is likely other funds run by Waddell also have invested, a source familiar with fund management said, although their positions likely would be smaller.”

King also revealed, “While Caldwell would not discuss funding specifically, he said that Waddell & Reed invested considerably more than Haymon requested in the initial business plan to build a brand and an audience, a proof-of-concept phase that would then enable him to cash in on the rights fees that continue to trend upward across sports.”

“Al said, ‘I think I can pull this off for X,’” Caldwell told King. “And I turned around and said, ‘Absolutely not. It’s X-plus or we don’t do it.’ You have to be capitalized for three to five years to do this, to weather the storm. Because in some regards you’re going to be the irrational player for a while. You’re turning the model completely upside down.”
            Filings with the Securities Exchange Commission suggest that a total of $528,481,000 was made available to Haymon. As of Dec. 31, 2015, that investment was valued at $82,354,000 – a drop of 84 percent in investment value.

Richard Schaefer understands venture capital and boxing. Also, in the past, the former Swiss banker and one-time CEO of Golden Boy Enterprises worked closely with Haymon.

“I see the numbers,” Schaefer acknowledges. “People say, ‘Al has spent three hundred million dollars. Al has spent four hundred million dollars.’ But those numbers don’t mean the money has been spent. Those numbers are valuations of the assets. Assets can be valued in different ways. Assets can be written down for tax purposes. The value of a (non-monetary) asset like good will can change over time. Come on, four hundred million dollars? You can’t spend that kind of money, not even in boxing.”

In other words, the initial $528 million number could have included non-monetary assets such as fighter contracts and the value of the PBC brand. And the $82 million figure could reflect a downward evaluation of these non-monetary assets in addition to a lessening of cash on hand.

That said, the $82 million valuation as of Dec. 31 is presumed to be less than what Haymon has spent so far. There has been a significant cash burn. A war chest that was intended to underwrite PBC’s operation for three or four years has dramatically diminished. And there are no offsetting revenue streams in sight.
            http://******.craveonline.com/news/4...aymon-part-iii
            Last edited by Mitchell Kane; 03-23-2016, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
              There wasn't a whole lot new in Part Three, although he did talk to Bill King of Sports Business Journal, who wrote the oft-quoted article on Haymon and the PBC last year.

A lot of what Hauser writes seems to be drawn from what was previously known, or speculated on, by others...from Bill King to Lance Pugmire to the "Reddit poster".

At least in that regard, King and the Reddit poster are to be looking in the same areas regarding the financials...but nobody on the outside really knows what the actual "valuations" are based on.

I'm glad it's called what we know about Al Haymon because I've learned nothing new. Well there was one part that was new and interesting. In the first part he said they'll go after Top Rank dealings with Pacquiao and Michael Koncz.

Steve Kim said Hauser told him part 5 is gonna blow him away. It seems like this could've been reduced to one article.

Comment

• Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                I'm glad it's called what we know about Al Haymon because I've learned nothing new. Well there was one part that was new and interesting. In the first part he said they'll go after Top Rank dealings with Pacquiao and Michael Koncz.

Steve Kim said Hauser told him part 5 is gonna blow him away. It seems like this could've been reduced to one article.
                Hauser always writes like he's paid by the word.

It's an annoying approach, especially when he writes like what he's writing is new.

It isn't.

He could've just provided links to what he, Bill King, Lance Pugmire and the reddit guy have already written.

Part Three did include comments from King, Scahefer and Caldwell, but none of them said much.

Comment

• Originally posted by about.thousands View Post

Hopefully part 5 does because the other parts so far have shown nothing but repeating what others have already written.

Sorta like a M. Night Shalamyn movie. The movie sucks but you wait for the twist at the end but lately that even sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                    I like Dan. Dudes articles are the most accurate. And in today's boxing climate you can't write anything positive about someone without the competition saying something else.
                    If you like HBO you must hate Showtime.
                    If you like a Top rank fighter you must hate PBC.
                    Etc etc.
                    This..... coming from a guy who says Ward ducked GGG.

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                    A source close to Haymon says, “So far, Al is resisting discovery. But if discovery really goes forward, he’s going to go after every piece of paper that involves Top Rank’s relationship with Manny Pacquiao. Al takes pride in the fact that his representation of Mayweather is the antithesis of the way Arum has dealt with Pacquiao. And yes, I know that Arum is Pacquiao’s promoter, not his manager, so he has a different fiduciary duty. But that doesn’t relieve him of the obligation to give Pacquiao an honest accounting. And by the way, why should Michael Koncz (Pacquiao’s business advisor) get a free pass?”
                    <----- Arum

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    Cause you cant sue someone for saying "that he heard" or "sources tell me"

Hauser is a shill and nothing more

Kevin Iole just put out an article on him today and how he works for HBO
                    bwahahahahahaha good shit
                    Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    He legit tried to make that come off as Haymon being egotistical, like it's a bad thing.
                    I guess fatty was raised on the merit that you must please everybody... he musta had a lonely childhood.

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Toe to Toe Tuesdays features plenty of prospects. Same with Spike TV. The NBCSports channel. I'm missing one. And Haymon works with a lot of promoters. You don't have to be managed by him to get on his cards either.

So actually there are more options now than there were before. It's why an Errol Spence was able to fight four times last year on like four different channels. And why the idea that a 12-0 fighter can't get on TV is completely contradictory to the reality of the sport today.
                    Was getting ready to say the same.... all they have to do is phone haymon and tell him that he wants his fighters to fight on the PBC shows.

Comment

• Hauser is so tired... he has literally NOTHING intriguing to write.

Comment

Working...
                      X