Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs Marcos "Sledgehammers & Ambulancias" Maidana: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    He was hurt badly by Broner in the 12th, and he admitted so.

Getting up to beat a very average, and chinny, Victor Ortiz isn't anything to brag about. Getting hurt by an old, very small and completely shot Morales is even less to write home about.

Canelo is simply levels above Maidana in every aspect of boxing, skill and physical. He would have no trouble whatsoever is beating Maidana from pillar to post. I'm genuinely not even sure if this thread is serious or trolling
    He was not "badly" hurt. post that interview.

Ortiz at that time wasn't considered average or chinny, don't rewrite history here. Remember this was before Ortiz fought Berto or Floyd and he was considered a threat when he fought Floyd, heck a good portion of this forum thought he would maul Floyd ffs.

Beating any version of Morales is a good win, sorry. he wasn't prime, but he fought on for a few years. Morales also had a golf ball early and was fighting for his life half that fight. Maybe not a win you brag about, but not some nobody club fighter either.

Your last statement makes me think you are trolling, Canelo is levels above no one like that. He is a limited boxer puncher with low ring IQ, porous defense, and bricks for feet. He has a large fanbase and only one loss to Floyd since Lara got robbed, don't go making him into something he isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      out of 50 fights, Canelo has like 3 good wins. Murderer's row? Don't be ridiculous lol.

At worst chins are dead even. I don't put any stock in Canelo's size and weight advantages because I don't think they matter in this fight, especially with Maidana dropping weight and having to drop less weight to get to 155 than 147. Maidana will come rock solid and ripped, and put a beating on Canelo that will change his outlook on life forever.
      Maidana is bloated at 147 let alone 155. Even at the weigh ins you can see his fleshy midsection. Back at 140 he didn't look flabby as you probably know.

At 155 he would be even more bloated and no way 'rock solid'.

I think your assuming Maidana may rehydrate to like 168 which he probably would but that don't mean he can compete with Canelo, it's no good being like that if he's gonna be bloated.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        He was not "badly" hurt. post that interview.

Ortiz at that time wasn't considered average or chinny, don't rewrite history here. Remember this was before Ortiz fought Berto or Floyd and he was considered a threat when he fought Floyd, heck a good portion of this forum thought he would maul Floyd ffs.

Beating any version of Morales is a good win, sorry. he wasn't prime, but he fought on for a few years. Morales also had a golf ball early and was fighting for his life half that fight. Maybe not a win you brag about, but not some nobody club fighter either.

Your last statement makes me think you are trolling, Canelo is levels above no one like that. He is a limited boxer puncher with low ring IQ, porous defense, and bricks for feet. He has a large fanbase and only one loss to Floyd since Lara got robbed, don't go making him into something he isn't.
        "I was hurt in the 11th round," Maidana said. "[Broner] is a great champion, and I was hurt."

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...-adrien-broner

Maidana admitted he was hurt, and it was very obvious to see.

Sorry, but beating a completely shot Morales is not an achievement. It's like beating the post 2008 Roy Jones. The fact that he struggled and was buzzed more than once makes it worse.

Canelo is a very good boxer, his counter punching is very sharp, his defence and upper body movement are very good, he's extremely strong physically, his ring IQ is far from low....He would genuinely annihilate him.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          "I was hurt in the 11th round," Maidana said. "[Broner] is a great champion, and I was hurt."

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...-adrien-broner

Maidana admitted he was hurt, and it was very obvious to see.

Sorry, but beating a completely shot Morales is not an achievement. It's like beating the post 2008 Roy Jones. The fact that he struggled and was buzzed more than once makes it worse.

Canelo is a very good boxer, his counter punching is very sharp, his defence and upper body movement are very good, he's extremely strong physically, his ring IQ is far from low....He would genuinely annihilate him.
          We can't compare that version of Morales to Roy, Morales didn't have the layoffs or devastating losses Roy did, Morales was over the hill but he wasn't a walking corpse like the DLH that fought Pac.

Honestly that version of Morales probably wins a draw against a prime Pacmonster if you swap Manny and Maidana that night.

Comment

This is how Maidana would do Canelo dirty

Comment

Look at how badly Maidana rocks Canelo in round 1 in this simulation.

Comment

Comment

"The one I’d like to fight is Canelo Alvarez. He’s a bit bigger than me but I think I have the power to KO him" - Marcos "El Chino" Maidana

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...tember-15-2012

Comment

Canelo by bodyshot
                    within 3 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by hinode View Post
                      Canelo by bodyshot
                      within 3 rounds
                      Comon guy. Maidana's midsection is made of granite. Chino walks right through those body shots and puts one on Canelo's chin so devastating that his unborn children swiming in his escroto will be concussed.

Comment

Working...
                      X