Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forreal doe, dat was mo' entertaining than any boxing I've seen this year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is nothing new though. MMA always offered more toe to toe action and entertainment. And the lack of boxing skill makes them more vulnerable which leads to more blood and guts. It's better for the bar atmosphere.

I like boxing because I appreciate the skill and the mental games in it but I can understand how it is an acquired taste.

But hey, why does it have to be one or the other? I can enjoy a bag of Flamin Hot Cheetos and some gummi bears as well as a filet Mignon with steamed veggies.
    Last edited by -PBP-; 03-06-2016, 09:05 AM.

Comment

the only pleasure i get out of UFC is in seeing its hypejobs go up in flames time and time again

i can't take it seriously as a sport. imagine a situation where a boxer KOed the p4p #1 within 10 seconds and then got stopped by a late replacement in his next fight. it would never happen. there don't seem to be clearly defined levels to MMA. when the supposed top guys (and girls) are that vulnerable to being upset by mediocre opposition, it suggests that the talent pool is shallow and the actual art form in unrefined. boxing has more than a century of evolution behind it at this point (arguably much more); UFC is child's play in comparison

Comment

Did anyone rewatch it? Two guys squaring up to one another, taunting each other with little to no coordination.

Comment

We got 4 good fight tonight McGregor/Diaz , Holm/Miasha, Vargas/Ali , Douglas/Khurtsidze

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            the only pleasure i get out of UFC is in seeing its hypejobs go up in flames time and time again

i can't take it seriously as a sport. imagine a situation where a boxer KOed the p4p #1 within 10 seconds and then got stopped by a late replacement in his next fight. it would never happen. there don't seem to be clearly defined levels to MMA. when the supposed top guys (and girls) are that vulnerable to being upset by mediocre opposition, it suggests that the talent pool is shallow and the actual art form in unrefined. boxing has more than a century of evolution behind it at this point (arguably much more); UFC is child's play in comparison
            Exactly. Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm ignorant to the sport.

But to me it will be impossible to stay atop because it's a mixed bag of everything. Your typical boxer been fighting since he was 8 years old and has been mastering the craft and polishing his skills for years.

Here you have guys with little to no boxing experience trying to learn it part time and it shows. By part time I mean you can't spend an entire camp on boxing because there's so much other **** you gotta learn.

I just think I prefer to enjoy masters of one art form compete at the highest level.

Comment

Guys you also have to consider that UFC fighters get matched much harder, boxing used to be like this too but now it's all about the 0. Most ATGs have several loses on their records, that was normal back in the day, now everyone wants to follow the path of least resistance.

Comment

i see people giving Conor a lot of credit for moving up in weight, but Nate Diaz, his opponent is a 155 LB fighter the weight class Conor was suppose to be fighting that night because he could not make 145 anymore Nate was fighting on 11 days notice the fight was at 170lbs near both thier walking weights, so basically this was a fight where neither had to cut weight they both came a pound or two under.

and the best moments of that fight were when they were exchanging hands

did you guys even watch the Ali-Vargas fight or the Douglas fight? they're were good boxing fights on last night

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
                  Guys you also have to consider that UFC fighters get matched much harder, boxing used to be like this too but now it's all about the 0. Most ATGs have several loses on their records, that was normal back in the day, now everyone wants to follow the path of least resistance.
                  Yeah ATGs do have losses...to other top fighters in 99% of cases.

What we saw last night was if a top fighter had lost to a journeyman in boxing, while still at or near his physical prime. You would rarely see such a thing.

Comment

If that's what you think go watch UFC boxing nor it's fans will miss you.

Comment

Sooo UFC's P4P #1 fighter just lost to a guy who had a 7 day training camp? LMAO. That sport is a joke. A circus.

Comment

Working...
                      X