Comments Thread For: Avtandil Khurtsidze Shocks Antoine Douglas By TKO in Ten

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    Hes signed to king promotions not haynon or PBC so Showtime took a L
    Maybe not, Khurtsidze is signed to DiBella.

However, he trains in the same gym as Danny Jacobs, Khytrov, and Derevyenchenko, so those four won't be fighting one another.

And GGG tried fighting Khurtsidze years ago instead of Milton Nunez for the vacant WBA title, Khurtsidze didn't want the fight though, instead agreed to fight N'Dam in France for the interim version.

Comment

Gg can't stand getting hit. I think this dude can hurt huk and he has a great chinn I doubt loffler or Abel let gg fight him
      This is a case of repeating bs so much, that one starts to believe himself... The fight against Khurtsidze (if it'll happen) will resemble Stevens. Good luck "pressuring" the skilled power puncher in GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
        its was Kirkland vs Tapia 2
        Also Amir Imam Vs Adrian Granados

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          would love to see magomedov-khurtsidze on the wilder-povetkin undercard
          Two pressure fighters could make for a grueling war of attrition.

While Douglas caught a tremendous beating, he did show grit. There were a few times where he could've called it a day, and maybe that would've been the smart thing to do. I think he'll bounce back successfully.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 03-06-2016, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Always been a fan of Mini Mike. I remember he signed with Dibella years back, and I was really excited about the talk of a fight with Macklin, but then for whatever reason he stopped fighting for 3 years. Didn't realize he made a comeback in 2014 and I was surprised to see him on Showtime when I switched the channel midway into the fight.

Comment

I'm watching this now. Douglas has an 8 inch reach advantage, not throwing a jab or doing anything to keep the guy off him.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                Not surprised. This was a VERY tough fight to take on late notice. Almost crazy to take.
                Why was it a tough fight to take? Unless you mean it was tough for the other guy cos Antoine had everything in his favour, height, reach, sheer size...this was supposed to be his showcase. It didn't go so well for him.

Comment

Gg can't stand getting hit. I think this dude can hurt huk and he has a great chinn I doubt loffler or Abel let gg fight him
                  Do you get dumber everyday? Or do you just act that way?

Comment

Best fight of the night

Comment

This is a damn good fight. Douglas showing a lot even in defeat.

Comment

Working...
                      X