Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jessie Vargas Drops, Stops Sadam Ali To Capture WBO Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali has zero defense for straight punches and Vargas did what I expected.

Comment

Great fight I had Ali to take it I was wrong and was doubtful of vargas but he earned my respect tonight GOOD VICTORY Vargas

Comment

Jessie Vargas is the new WBO 147 champion, Top Rank keeps hold of the only non-Haymon affiliated title at 147, and Golden Boy is again on the outside looking in.

Pacquiao-Bradley winner, Juan Manuel Marquez, and possibly Terrence Crawford in the cue, Vargas is sitting pretty for at least another 1-2 fights.

Comment

didn't jesse vargas just part ways with MEMO "the drug cheat" Heredia recently?

I smell something fishy
          Last edited by danceswithfire; 03-06-2016, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Son, before you further indulge in this beautiful piece of writing i am asking you to go do your research and see what my opinion of Jessie Vargas was.

Ok, son. Now that we got that out of the way....i am glad to announce that Jessie Vargas earned a new fan in me tonight. He completely did what no one expected and one had done before, he showed that his Bradley KO wasnt a fluke, he showed that he has great power at 147, he showed everyone that theres a new kid in town.....THE NEW GENERATION!

lets go!, congrats to the old man Bob Arum, for once he has a legit 147 champion.

Comment

I'm not knocking Sadam Ali he was in there had his moments but vargas is better man tonight

Comment

Originally posted by wlliam View Post
                Indeed. WW is vastly overrated, bRadley, Porter and Brook are the only proven guys..the rest are untested, even Thuman.
                154 is LOADED righ5 now though, thats where i see all the talent.
                Floyd being gone, and Pac being on the way out has opened up the division. And that gives the impression that the division is good.

Comment

Probably the best fight of the evening. It seemed easy to figure out who was in charge as the rounds progressed. Vargas just seemed dominant, more powerful. His punches were hurting Ali by round 3-4. Great win for Vargas, probably his best yet.

Comment

i had strong faith the mexican toughness of Vargas would be the deciding factor

Comment

Originally posted by St. Johns Gent View Post
                      i had strong faith the mexican toughness of Vargas would be the deciding factor
                      Mexican toughness?

all Mexicans are tough ladies and gentlemen

Comment

Working...
                      X