Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R.I.P Deontay Wilder's Glass Jaw. Haymon lost the purse bid. Dead Jaw walking.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    I just hope Wilder goes through with the fight because this will be a great one no matter how it ends.
    Will Wilder throw the WBC Belt in the trash though? It could happen.

Is it more likely that Wilder throws the belt in the trash, or that Wilder goes to Russia? I'd say the belt in the trash is a little bit more likely.

Comment

I favor Povetkin, rooting for Povetkin but I think he might struggle with Wilder's height. He did tko Wach but it was late and while I don't think highly of Wilder he must be better than Wach.

Comment

is RUSADA doing the testing?

all russian judges and referee?

russian compubox counter?

Bolshoi State Athletic Commission

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post

LOL
          Belt in the bin then? Would you support that?

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post

Is it more likely that Wilder throws the belt in the trash, or that Wilder goes to Russia? I'd say the belt in the trash is a little bit more likely.
            I don't know if he can.

No one Would care about him anymore if that happened.

I'm happy the fight was won by Povetkins tea, though, they will make this inti a big event and put on a hell of a show.

dibella/Haymon on the other hand would just do there normal half ass promotion that they have become known for.

Comment

Povatkin looks like he has all the attributes necessary to expose Wilder's limited game, but looks can be deceiving. Wilder is putting his punches together much better and Povatkin is not technically good enough to simply avoid Deontay's big punch, more on that in a moment. When Calzaghe exposed Lacy Joe knew he simply had to avoid the prodding lacy, and stay long enough not to get hooked. Calzaghe had the skills to do this and the rest is history.

Povatkin, by contrast, let Vlad Klitsko have his way with him. He made no adjustments in that fight, He simply let Vlad clinch him and tee off on him in the later rounds. Povatkin is more limited than people think and fights scared. If Wilder is aggressive he will scare the timid Russian.

I still think Povatkin is good enough technically to beat Wilder but with Povatkin's fragile psych, Wilder could make it interesting...if he catches the Russian a few times the fight will take a dramatic turn for the worse for Povatkin. Povatkin has shown the power to do damage against guys who are not a threat...I doubt he has the testicles to try to knock out Deontay and the proof is how he fought scared against Vlad clinchko.

If Povatkin tries to box Wilder, Wilder has learned to use his reach well enough to keep the aggression on Povatkin. If he catches the Russian its decapitation time.
              Last edited by billeau2; 02-26-2016, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post

LOL
                i love how you think that will have any influence on the outcome of the fight.
                as soon as sasha lands flush, wilder will go night night.
                i honestly would not be surprised if this was over quicker than perez
                wilder is a fraud and we all know it.

Comment

he has to go now, martins is fighting joshua so the IBF possibility is gone, if he throws the belt what's next for him???

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    i love how you think that will have any influence on the outcome of the fight.
                    as soon as sasha lands flush, wilder will go night night.
                    i honestly would not be surprised if this was over quicker than perez
                    wilder is a fraud and we all know it.
                    i don't really think wilder is that bad, if he don't throw his belt on the bin and actually fight povetkin in russia with the set up i said above. then wilder has to ko povetkin to win.

Comment

Belt in the bin then? Would you support that?
                      nope, his not going to throw that belt in the bin.

he has to fight in russia he has to.

Comment

Working...
                      X