No announcement yet.

The funny thing I just realized in this Wilder/Povetkin drama

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    RUSADA doesn't have to be used for Wilder-Povetkin in Russia, they can use VADA like you said

So whats the issue then? Wladimir beat Povetkin, in Moscow, without the involvement of RUSADA, and got a pretty fair shake. A pretty lenient one.
    You quote me and debate a point I'm debunking from ts about usada. I don't get it. I said I don't have anything against a purse bid. I said the wbc is teamed up with vada.. So you tell me what my issue is since you seem to be bringing up nothing I'm debating here.

"As far as Wilder-Pov goes, I really don't care about it going to purse bid"

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
      You quote me and debate a point I'm debunking from ts about usada. I don't get it. I said I don't have anything against a purse bid. I said the wbc is teamed up with vada.. So you tell me what my issue is since you seem to be bringing up nothing I'm debating here.

"As far as Wilder-Pov goes, I really don't care about it going to purse bid"
      I'm obviously not asking about your issue, as you've already said you're fine with it all. I quoted you as you provided an argument surrounding WBC/VADA.

I meant in general, what is the wider problem here? Wilder will be fine in Russia. The athletics doping scandal surrounding RUSADA and the IAAF can be disregarded if the Russian agency isn't involved.

Comment

Comment

They're Haymon fans first and foremost. It's been a hypocritical embarrassment since the beginning.

Comment

Another guy spouting feelings and hunches to support his bias... *yawn*...
            Most people defending Russian testing clearly haven't made any attempt to look into the discoveries made. I like Russia, as a country, as a people, but that doesn't mean I'm going to pretend their government isn't rife with corruption, all the way on down to their state sponsored doping. Lying about it means you have no integrity. Same goes for people who make excuses for the sloppy and inconsistent work done by the USADA.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              yeah, well it's not exactly hard to pick holes in their hypocritical opinions as they are mostly ******s.

They kinda remind me of fury fan's pre klitschko, it was all kind of tongue in cheek 2fast2fury talk, like he has skills but really..he is a big fat feather fisted oaf. he win's and now he's ali if wilder win's he will become the GOAT
              i just hope and pray sasha puts bum squad to sleep.
              So true, everything

Comment

The Russian doping scandal is colossal and far-reaching, it's no joke. In recent times it's resulted in the likely assassination of key players in Russia who were on the verge of exposing the truth about what happened. There is a very legit concern there because people are actually being killed because of what happened.

I'd agree that no agency can really be trusted fully, USADA included. I'm sure there are cases of corruption there too, but I'd guess they're more tailor-made towards a select few individuals. But the Russian doping scandal is on a whole other level of corruption (given the current evidence we have) because it was institutionalized doping on a national scale.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/russia-doping-scandal

Comment

Originally posted by From Russia View Post
                  And their PED-talk in general is dumb as ****:

"Uh, Kovalev hits too hard, he is on PED's."
                  "GGG is to heavy handed, he is on PED's"
                  "Povetkin is KO'ing everybody since his loss to Wlad, he is on dat juice"

Btw, Jacobs, Spence and Wilder have also very high KO-ratio, but I never heard those fans mentioning even once, that they could be on PED's.

They are pathetic, uneducated losers, who are scared for all those fighters getting their glass jaws shattered.
                  That last one is definitely suspicious if you remove your own, personal, racial bias.

Povetkin has actually fought better opposition post-Wlad than he did pre-Wlad and not only is he stopping these guys, he is wobbling them with grazing shots or dropping them with jabs.

You can develop a lot of things but genuine, mind bending power isn't one of them, especially against better opponents. Not to mention his physique has transformed into being carved outta granite. There's something going on for sure.

I will however agree with the overall sentiment of the thread i.e. there's nothing wrong with purse bids.

But we can't deny that the last time Stevenson/Kov negotiations got real, it was the latter's team that walked away.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                    So true, everything
                    You & mlac are just a pair of salty bellends who's lack of boxing knowledge was exposed when the Furious One took your hero to school.

Stop crying lads.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      That last one is definitely suspicious if you remove your own, personal, racial bias.

Povetkin has actually fought better opposition post-Wlad than he did pre-Wlad and not only is he stopping these guys, he is wobbling them with grazing shots or dropping them with jabs.

You can develop a lot of things but genuine, mind bending power isn't one of them, especially against better opponents. Not to mention his physique has transformed into being carved outta granite. There's something going on for sure.

I will however agree with the overall sentiment of the thread i.e. there's nothing wrong with purse bids.

But we can't deny that the last time Stevenson/Kov negotiations got real, it was the latter's team that walked away.
                      Povetkin changed his whole team and training methods after his loss to Wlad. Off course his physique got better, but he still doesnt have abs and ****... He just looks like a well trained athlet.

I am also tired to repeat that PED's cant improve significantly your power or chin, they can only help you to gain muscle mass in a short time (Marquez in Pac IV-fight looked REALLY suspicious to me) or give you a better stamina. Ok as a bonus effect they may improve your speed a bit, but thats it...

If you look at Povetkin impressive wins over Takam and Perez, that were just perfect placed and timed shots...
                      Last edited by From Russia; 02-23-2016, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X