• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just stay retired

Comment

• Originally posted by firstborn View Post
      GGG would destroy Mayweather at 160lb!

To be fair though, all Champions live with the belief they can beat all other fighters. That's the response Mayweather is supposed to give.....when's the last time you heard a boxer (Champ) admit to being inferior to another fighter?
      Joe Calzaghe.

Comment

• Joe Calzaghe.
        Are you referring to his comment that he didn't face the best Roy Jones?

Comment

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
          I think you proved my point right there, his last knockout was the sucker punch on Ortiz 5 years ago. How then would he make GGG quit at 160 when you yourself admit he is uncomfortable at 154? Mosley wobbled Mayweather twice, watch the fight again. The rest of your post I cant be bothered to answer, i'm not a Pacquaio fan so i'm not sure why you keep mentioning/attacking him when were talking about a completely different fighter in GGG.
          Math, dude.

Pac is faster than GGG. Fact.
          Floyd schooled Pac. Fact.
          It stands to thus reason that Floyd would make easy work of GGG, because if the fastest couldn't catch him, GGG won't.

Get it?

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
          when's the last time you heard a boxer (Champ) admit to being inferior to another fighter?
          Chris Eubank re: Roy Jones.

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Be the Fotd by beating ggg. Or just last the distance, its all good. Now we will know if it really is the zero
          People said "prove it by beating Mosley!" Beat him.
          People said "Prove it by beating De La Hoya!" Beat him.
          People said "prove it by beating Cotto!" Beat him.
          People said, "prove it by beating Canelo!" Beat him.

At some point you people need to give up your mission. All you want to see is him lose.

Now, if Floyd took that fight and schooled GGG, all we'd hear, just like with Canelo is, "but GGG is green doe" or "he drained GGG".

You'll never be satisfied. Thus I hope he doesn't try to placate you. It's pointless. Stay retired as TBE.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Math, dude.

Pac is faster than GGG. Fact.
            Floyd schooled Pac. Fact.
            It stands to thus reason that Floyd would make easy work of GGG, because if the fastest couldn't catch him, GGG won't.

Get it?
            So by your logic Castillo was faster than Pac because he gave Mayweather a very difficult time in the first fight and caught him multiple times? (many people thought Mayweather lost that fight). Cotto, Maidana, and even De la Hoya all landed more cleanly than Pac against Mayweather, do you think their faster? Your focusing on hand speed only and cant see the bigger picture. Pac for all his handspeed and power is quite predictable coming in, Mosely had a lot of success in making Pacquiao miss also.

GGG has slower handspeed but is better at closing space, he's used to fighters trying to pot-shot him and fight on the back foot.

Your argument about handspeed still doesnt explain how Mayweather would KO or stop GGG at 160?

Comment

So by your logic Castillo was faster than Pac because he gave Mayweather a very difficult time in the first fight and caught him multiple times? (many people thought Mayweather lost that fight). Cotto, Maidana, and even De la Hoya all landed more cleanly than Pac against Mayweather, do you think their faster? Your focusing on hand speed only and cant see the bigger picture. Pac for all his handspeed and power is quite predictable coming in, Mosely had a lot of success in making Pacquiao miss also.

GGG has slower handspeed but is better at closing space, he's used to fighters trying to pot-shot him and fight on the back foot.

Your argument about handspeed still doesnt explain how Mayweather would KO or stop GGG at 160?
              His logic is ******ed. I wouldn't be arguing with him anymore. By his logic Pac hand speed was faster than kov. Pac couldn't hit Floyd. No way kov win. Kov loses to Floyd. Pac hand speed is faster than wlad... That's how he's going to compare everything with is Pac hand speed. So basically Floyd can never lose a fight because he beat Pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by cork View Post
                His logic is ******ed. I wouldn't be arguing with him anymore. By his logic Pac hand speed was faster than kov. Pac couldn't hit Floyd. No way kov win. Kov loses to Floyd. Pac hand speed is faster than wlad... That's how he's going to compare everything with is Pac hand speed. So basically Floyd can never lose a fight because he beat Pac.
                Lol I think your right

Comment

So by your logic Castillo was faster than Pac because he gave Mayweather a very difficult time in the first fight and caught him multiple times?
                  You're making a logical fallacy and you know it.

Castillo gave Mayweather problems because his hand was injured. No hand, no counter without pain. Pain distracts you; May got caught.

But people are making it out like it was domination - it wasn't. If anything I'd give Castillo 1 round over Mayweather and I would definitely have supported a SD or MD in favor of Castillo or Mayweather.

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                  We're not talking KO or stoppage. That's your problem and many people's problem - all you care about is knockouts.

There's only thing that matters - WINNING. Doesn't matter if it's SD, UD, MD, KO, TKO, RTD...WIN the fight by whatever means.

That's what Floyd does. WINS.

Against GGG, you acknowledged yourself that GGG's handspeed is nowhere near Pacquiao. No handspeed, he's not catching Floyd. That's my point. It doesn't matter how strong a guy is if you're missing punches all night long. Floyd by UD, people whining about how he "ran".

Originally posted by cork View Post
                  You talking two different weight classes, dude. That's an equivocation fallacy.

In the heavyweight division, David Haye is faster than Deontay Wilder. Is he stronger? Don't think so. Deontay Wilder is vulnerable to punches, which means if they fought, there's a good chance of Haye being able to KO Wilder. however, Wilder on the backfoot all night means Haye gets gassed in the later rounds. Wilder goes for a KO and likely gets it. Wilder by late KO. That's how he always fights since becoming champion.

In the welter division, Tim Bradley stopped Brandon Rios. Tim Bradley's beaten everyone he's faced except Manny and Chaves, where he got robbed. Many people, including myself, would tap Tim as one person who would have a chance at beating Floyd. Why?

Bradley would stay busy and Floyd couldn't keep him off if he tried. But Bradley's not sloppy like Maidana with punches. He's not flat footed like Cotto. He's not straight up like Canelo. He's not tentative like Manny.

GGG fails three of those four tests.

That's why Floyd beats him by UD in a very dull fight.

Styles make fights. Golovkin/Monroe taught us that GGG is only amazing against a specific type of fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    You're making a logical fallacy and you know it.

Castillo gave Mayweather problems because his hand was injured. No hand, no counter without pain. Pain distracts you; May got caught.

But people are making it out like it was domination - it wasn't. If anything I'd give Castillo 1 round over Mayweather and I would definitely have supported a SD or MD in favor of Castillo or Mayweather.

We're not talking KO or stoppage. That's your problem and many people's problem - all you care about is knockouts.

There's only thing that matters - WINNING. Doesn't matter if it's SD, UD, MD, KO, TKO, RTD...WIN the fight by whatever means.

That's what Floyd does. WINS.

Against GGG, you acknowledged yourself that GGG's handspeed is nowhere near Pacquiao. No handspeed, he's not catching Floyd. That's my point. It doesn't matter how strong a guy is if you're missing punches all night long. Floyd by UD, people whining about how he "ran".

You talking two different weight classes, dude. That's an equivocation fallacy.

In the heavyweight division, David Haye is faster than Deontay Wilder. Is he stronger? Don't think so. Deontay Wilder is vulnerable to punches, which means if they fought, there's a good chance of Haye being able to KO Wilder. however, Wilder on the backfoot all night means Haye gets gassed in the later rounds. Wilder goes for a KO and likely gets it. Wilder by late KO. That's how he always fights since becoming champion.

In the welter division, Tim Bradley stopped Brandon Rios. Tim Bradley's beaten everyone he's faced except Manny and Chaves, where he got robbed. Many people, including myself, would tap Tim as one person who would have a chance at beating Floyd. Why?

Bradley would stay busy and Floyd couldn't keep him off if he tried. But Bradley's not sloppy like Maidana with punches. He's not flat footed like Cotto. He's not straight up like Canelo. He's not tentative like Manny.

GGG fails three of those four tests.

That's why Floyd beats him by UD in a very dull fight.

Styles make fights. Golovkin/Monroe taught us that GGG is only amazing against a specific type of fighter.
                    Gonna respond to you last time cause I don't think you get what you sound like. You just reiterated that ggg won't catch Floyd cause he's slower but then I brought up other boxers who's slower and then you use different weight classes as an excuse. You somehow think ggg and Floyd is in the same weight class? At what point is big too big? Imo ggg too big for Floyd and for some reason people under rate his skills.

Comment

Working...
                    X