No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather says gg is easy work at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lopetego View Post
    Floydette reminds me of this small ass chihuahua dog barking at bigger dogs from behind the fence, knowing he's safe anyway

we all know he'd be making 1000 different excuses to avoid GGG if he was still active
    Bullseye lol

Comment

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
      But Pacquiao isnt known for cutting off space like GGG is.
      BS. Marquez had to go to war because Manny wasn't letting him do anything else. Barrera got schooled for the same reason. Algieri wasn't going anywhere.

Manny CAN cut off the ring when he wants, it's just he doesn't really do it that much anymore for whatever reason, as we saw in Pacquiao/Bradley II and MayPac.

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
      - That's nonsense Mayweather fought like that because Maidana put him under immense pressure.
      Then explain how Maidana was getting outboxed in the second fight? Are you saying Maidana didn't bother trying? I call BS.

Floyd fought in the trench because he WANTED to.

Mayweather fought Corrales at Super feather that's when he was in his peak...How many knockouts does he have at Welterweight? I dont think he has even looked like hurting anyone at 154 and your telling me he's going to stop someone who has never been dropped as a professional or as an amateur?
      Knockouts at Welter/Light welter:
      - Ortiz
      - Hatton
      - Gatti
      - Mitchell
      - Bruseles

As far as 154 he's only fought there three times - Canelo (close), De La Hoya and Cotto. All three got decisioned at a weight uncomfortable to Floyd.

Mosley hits harder than Cotto and he wobbled Mayweather more than once.
      Jokes. Mayweather got wobbled once in that fight. In any case any fighter who's fought or sparred both will tell you clearly Cotto hits harder. Manny will tell you Cotto hits harder.

Originally posted by Ham Porter View Post
      De La Hoya was a shopworn part-timer/promoter by the time of that fight and he still gave Mayweather a very competitive fight.
      De La Hoya bloated more, had judges in his favor, had the ref in his favor, had the venue advantage and had glove selection. He had EVERY advantage...and lost. He was a year out from destroying Mayorga at 154 and Floyd struggles to make that weight. The idea that he was "shopworn" is a joke. Floyd was just better as a fighter and everyone knew it. I didn't see it competitive at all - early, Oscar got some offense, but by round 5 he was getting schooled. Same as all fighters.

Cotto was a lesser fighter by the time Mayweather got him. He'd already had his prime beaten out of him by Margarito and Pacquiao. Again, he was fighting on even terms with Mayweather until the last third.
      Cotto was fresh off knockouts of three former champions. His only shortcoming was against a roided Pacquiao during the stretch between the Diaz fight and the third Marquez fight when Manny was just walking through fighters. Cotto was in no way a "lesser fighter". Manny drained him, yes. Other than that no.

Cotto lost that fight because of his plodding style. Wasn't nothing wrong with him.

Mayweather got these guys when they were lesser versions of what they used to be and still struggled a fair bit.
      I saw no struggle against De La Hoya, Cotto, Corrales, or anyone else Floyd beat. He's only really had one struggle: Castillo 1.

It's always an excuse about when he fought. But I don't hear nobody talking about how Manny was facing guys fresh off losses. He didn't face Mosley, De La Hoya or Hatton until after Floyd made easy work of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post

Knockouts at Welter/Light welter:
        - Ortiz
        - Hatton
        - Gatti
        - Mitchell
        - Bruseles

As far as 154 he's only fought there three times - Canelo (close), De La Hoya and Cotto. All three got decisioned at a weight uncomfortable to Floyd.
        I think you proved my point right there, his last knockout was the sucker punch on Ortiz 5 years ago. How then would he make GGG quit at 160 when you yourself admit he is uncomfortable at 154? Mosley wobbled Mayweather twice, watch the fight again. The rest of your post I cant be bothered to answer, i'm not a Pacquaio fan so i'm not sure why you keep mentioning/attacking him when were talking about a completely different fighter in GGG.

Comment

• I don't get it... he can't fight at 160, but GGG is easy work... but he can't fight that high up, but he's easy work... but he can't..... but.... what.
          GGG would destroy Mayweather at 160lb!

To be fair though, all Champions live with the belief they can beat all other fighters. That's the response Mayweather is supposed to give.....when's the last time you heard a boxer (Champ) admit to being inferior to another fighter?

Comment

• Hahaha... but will never fight him... COWARD!

Comment

I think you proved my point right there, his last knockout was the sucker punch on Ortiz 5 years ago. How then would he make GGG quit at 160 when you yourself admit he is uncomfortable at 154? Mosley wobbled Mayweather twice, watch the fight again. The rest of your post I cant be bothered to answer, i'm not a Pacquaio fan so i'm not sure why you keep mentioning/attacking him when were talking about a completely different fighter in GGG.
              Still salty from May 2 I see...

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                Still salty from May 2 I see...
                Damn straight he should have fought Khan instead of Pacquaio. Mayweather ducked Khan!

Comment

Damn straight he should have fought Khan instead of Pacquaio. Mayweather ducked Khan!

Comment

• Mayweather doesn't win that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                      GGG would destroy Mayweather at 160lb!

To be fair though, all Champions live with the belief they can beat all other fighters. That's the response Mayweather is supposed to give.....when's the last time you heard a boxer (Champ) admit to being inferior to another fighter?
                      He's rather vague about why he cant fight GGG though isn't he? Doesnt want to discuss cw or anything just says he retired.
                      He can after all priove what he says he csan do. Just fight him. Khan could say he'd beat GGG and we can say he's deluded just like we will say Floyd is!

Be the Fotd by beating ggg. Or just last the distance, its all good. Now we will know if it really is the zero
                      Last edited by hugh grant; 02-24-2016, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X