Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been out of the boxing loop for a minute. Need honest opinions on this one....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
    I heard that Brook has been legitimately calling out GGG the past few weeks or months, I believe? Why not fight the guy at 155? It's a relatively big name fight, and the win would expose your name even more, while getting you a good pay check. Who the hell else is out there, that's ACTUALLY gonna fight him, besides pussi ass Ward, and for whatever reason, seems like GGG's team doesn't want anything to do with Lara either.

****, make one of those damn fights happen! Am I being unreasonable, and those fights have every chance of getting made pretty soon, or is it clear that he's ducking them?

Canelo is a bigger fight than brook, so if he were to fight at 155 it would be against canelo

Comment

I heard that Brook has been legitimately calling out GGG the past few weeks or months, I believe? Why not fight the guy at 155? It's a relatively big name fight, and the win would expose your name even more, while getting you a good pay check. Who the hell else is out there, that's ACTUALLY gonna fight him, besides pussi ass Ward, and for whatever reason, seems like GGG's team doesn't want anything to do with Lara either.

****, make one of those damn fights happen! Am I being unreasonable, and those fights have every chance of getting made pretty soon, or is it clear that he's ducking them?
      You certainly have been out of the loop.

Both Brook and GG have got mandatories coming up, and afterwards, GG's team will be sitting down with Oscar to make plans for a fight.

Why would Golovkin ever fight Brook at a CW?

Comment

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
        You certainly have been out of the loop.

Both Brook and GG have got mandatories coming up, and afterwards, GG's team will be sitting down with Oscar to make plans for a fight.

Why would Golovkin ever fight Brook at a CW?
        Because if he can't get Nelo or Cotto, that's one of the biggest fights he could make, name wise, $$$ wise, and legitimacy wise.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Who has Ward fought, and who are his next two opponents?

Now you don't have to answer that, just keep it in mind, if Ward is still a pussi after you thought about his next two opponents, then your definition of pussi is way off. Look around boxing right now, no one is scheduled to fight as tough opposition as Ward in 2016. He's pretty much signed to fight Kovalev in November 19th, and will be fighting Sullivan Barrera soon. All in his second weight class.

Meanwhile GGG is fighting Dominic Wade next, lobbying to fight former welterweights/JMW's, resume reeks of horse droppings, and there is no great fight for him in the horizon because he refuses to move up. Who's the pussi?
          Everyone has a different set of circumstances surrounding them.

Andre shouldn't be labelled a p*ssy, and Golovkin shouldn't be criticised for not moving up yet.

Comment

Because if he can't get Nelo or Cotto, that's one of the biggest fights he could make, name wise, $$$ wise, and legitimacy wise.
            You can't expect a current MW champ to drop to 155 to fight a WW at a CW.

He would never put himself at risk like that, and what would be the point? He wouldn't get any credit. He'd have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Also, do you really believe that Kell would fight GG? He probably said it just to keep his name relevant because he's missed out on the Khan fight.

Comment

You can't expect a current MW champ to drop to 155 to fight a WW at a CW.

He would never put himself at risk like that, and what would be the point? He wouldn't get any credit. He'd have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Also, do you really believe that Kell would fight GG? He probably said it just to keep his name relevant because he's missed out on the Khan fight.
              What's wrong with it? GGG routinely comes into the ring at 167-168, and Brook is a pretty big dude. It makes everything even, and yes, I really do think Brook would take on GGG. He's got good size, and laser like precision.

Hell, you never know if it might end up being like Winky/Tito. Yeah, exaggerating, but ya never know. Brook is a beast himself as well.

Comment

What's wrong with it? GGG routinely comes into the ring at 167-168, and Brook is a pretty big dude. It makes everything even, and yes, I really do think Brook would take on GGG. He's got good size, and laser like precision.

Hell, you never know if it might end up being like Winky/Tito. Yeah, exaggerating, but ya never know. Brook is a beast himself as well.
                They're 2 divisions apart.

GG is looking to unify at 160. He isn't going to sacrifice himself to fight a WW.

Pointless.

Comment

The rat bastard doesn't wanna ever fight, and he won't fight Kovalev. We get it, GGG is kind of ducking you, it's ****ing obvious. Well then, do the next best thing in your case, and fight Killa Kovalev.

2 wrongs don't make a right. And really, GGG's not big enough for Ward. Ward is already a stylistic mismatch for GGG, plus he loses the size factor by a good amount. F that.

Ward's too busy cutting off his nose to spite his face.
                  Ward is going to be fighting kovalev in november, hes signed up to fight sulivan barrera right now. And he had promotion and injury problems is why hes been inactive.

Comment

They're 2 divisions apart.

GG is looking to unify at 160. He isn't going to sacrifice himself to fight a WW.

Pointless.
                    Let's hope that Nelo actually fights him then. Boxing is the only sport where you can be a world champ, without being a legit world champ. Strange.

Originally posted by Russ. View Post
                    Ward is going to be fighting kovalev in november, hes signed up to fight sulivan barrera right now. And he had promotion and injury problems is why hes been inactive.
                    Thanks, another poster gave me the good news as well.

Comment

Let's hope that Nelo actually fights him then. Boxing is the only sport where you can be a world champ, without being a legit world champ. Strange.

Thanks, another poster gave me the good news as well.
                      Yeah, hopefully we'll see Golovkin-Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X