Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao's Senate Run Feels No Sting From Controversy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao's Senate Run Feels No Sting From Controversy

Under-fire eight division champion Manny Pacquiao briefly posted on social media a Bible verse which says gay men should be put to death.

In a post on his Instagram account, which was subsequently deleted, Pacquiao posted a picture of himself with his wife, and quoted a Bible verse from Leviticus: "If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

[Click Here To Read More]

For now atleast, until they realize that the Lady Boy votes are at a low and Pacman needs their vote.

Comment

Well... he's not running in the US

Comment

90% of the people outside of north America and Europe have the same opinion on ****sexuality as Manny Pacquiao, so if anything what he said might actually help his popularity over there.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Under-fire eight division champion Manny Pacquiao briefly posted on social media a Bible verse which says gay men should be put to death.

In a post on his Instagram account, which was subsequently deleted, Pacquiao posted a picture of himself with his wife, and quoted a Bible verse from Leviticus: "If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

just as i have stated in my other earlier posts....

a numbers game...

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
            Well... he's not running in the US
            That honestly wouldnt hurt him in many states in the US either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
              90% of the people outside of north America and Europe have the same opinion on ****sexuality as Manny Pacquiao, so if anything what he said might actually help his popularity over there.
              No they don't. The Philippines is one of the most gay friendly countries in the world.

Despite its religiosity, the Philippines is one of the countries in the world where the level of public “acceptance” of ****sexuals is high, according to the results of the survey.
              The survey titled “The Global Divide on ****sexuality” conducted by the US-based Pew Research Center showed that 73 percent of adult Filipinos agreed with the statement that “****sexuality should be accepted by society,” up by nine percentage points from 2002.

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/769...y-in-the-world

Comment

Manny Pacquiao's Senate Run Feels No Sting.....

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post

And neither will his training camp.....

" all in a day's work "

Manny is the Tyson Fury of the Philippines.

WAR Pac !!

Comment

I admit that I am a hardcore Mayweather fan, and I have always respected Pacquiao's boxing ability (well, I am a speed, reaction time, agility, and reflex junkie, any sportsman with that combination often earns my admiration), however, I never liked him as a person, not until now.

I'm not saying this as a ****phobic, it is more to do with Pacquiao standing up for his beliefs in the face of adversity and basically saying F**k you to all the media bullies.

I also understand Pacquaio's stance as a God fearing man. He is choosing the law of God over the law of Men. The Law of men is made to 'satisfy, please, and pacify' man, but the law of God has no such agenda, the law of God is the law of God, made to satify him and to please him, not man.

That is why man is fighting tooth and nail against Pacquiao on his stance, and Pacquaio is willing to stand in that heat for God's sake, where even the most righteous and religious men would fold in, Pacquiao is standing his ground and not moving even an inch. This is a real man, a real servant of God.

You guys have to remember that Jesus was in the same situation. Before jesus came, the people were following what was known as 'the law of moses', and those laws were made by Moses taking into account the needs and desires of men, moreso than those of God. There is even a verse that says as such (forgot where it is), it says that the hearts of men at those times were as hard and rough as bark, and Moses took that into account when making those laws, but it is not God's ultimate plan, from the beginning it was not so, but that God allowed it (for that time).

When Jesus came and everything he said and preached (almost) was in direct contradiction to the law of Moses, which was that era's version of the law of man, man lost it. They all felt insulted and outraged, and they persecuted Jesus and ultimately crucified him.

Pacquiao is in the same situation, he is campaigning for a man made office that is meant to 'serve' the people, but as a man of God, his is to serve God first and look after the spiritual wellbeing of himself and his people. This is why he is in the line of fire, he is in no man's land basically, just like Jesus was, and he is being persecuted, just like jesus was, and might ultimately be 'crucified', and it seems like nike and Bob Arum have already built that cross. (Bob Arum is Judas, lol).

I am not saying Pacquiao is the second coming of Jesus of course, simply making a comparison, one that Jesus himself made. Jesus said "If they can do it to the master whom you serve, how much more will they do to the servant who follows in his footsteps?"

Pacquiao is the servant, the media bullies and public humiliation he is suffering is similar to the persecution Jesus went through (though taking place on different platforms of course, there was no social media back then, lol).

Any way, long story not so short, Pacquiao is a man that has earned my respect. Though I hope he realises how volatile a situation he is in. One cannot mix the laws that serve man with the laws that serve God, for example, if Pacquiao became president and started a motion to ban ****sexual marriages/relationships, he would then have to also make it illegal for heterosexuals to have sex before marriage, he would also have to make adultery a crime as well, amongst many other things that heterosexuals do that are evil in God's eyes. One can not pick and choose which of God's laws to follow and which of God's words to discard, because "He who shall add to the holy gospel, so shall be added unto his punishment, and he who shall TAKE from the holy scriptures, so shall be taken from his blessings."

So yes, Pac, you got my respect, but this seems like an impossible position you have found yourself in, but if that is the path God has chosen for you, then you have to walk it, and maybe we will see a miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                    I admit that I am a hardcore Mayweather fan, and I have always respected Pacquiao's boxing ability (well, I am a speed, reaction time, agility, and reflex junkie, any sportsman with that combination often earns my admiration), however, I never liked him as a person, not until now.

I'm not saying this as a ****phobic, it is more to do with Pacquiao standing up for his beliefs in the face of adversity and basically saying F**k you to all the media bullies.

I also understand Pacquaio's stance as a God fearing man. He is choosing the law of God over the law of Men. The Law of men is made to 'satisfy, please, and pacify' man, but the law of God has no such agenda, the law of God is the law of God, made to satify him and to please him, not man.

That is why man is fighting tooth and nail against Pacquiao on his stance, and Pacquaio is willing to stand in that heat for God's sake, where even the most righteous and religious men would fold in, Pacquiao is standing his ground and not moving even an inch. This is a real man, a real servant of God.

You guys have to remember that Jesus was in the same situation. Before jesus came, the people were following what was known as 'the law of moses', and those laws were made by Moses taking into account the needs and desires of men, moreso than those of God. There is even a verse that says as such (forgot where it is), it says that the hearts of men at those times were as hard and rough as bark, and Moses took that into account when making those laws, but it is not God's ultimate plan, from the beginning it was not so, but that God allowed it (for that time).

When Jesus came and everything he said and preached (almost) was in direct contradiction to the law of Moses, which was that era's version of the law of man, man lost it. They all felt insulted and outraged, and they persecuted Jesus and ultimately crucified him.

Pacquiao is in the same situation, he is campaigning for a man made office that is meant to 'serve' the people, but as a man of God, his is to serve God first and look after the spiritual wellbeing of himself and his people. This is why he is in the line of fire, he is in no man's land basically, just like Jesus was, and he is being persecuted, just like jesus was, and might ultimately be 'crucified', and it seems like nike and Bob Arum have already built that cross. (Bob Arum is Judas, lol).

I am not saying Pacquiao is the second coming of Jesus of course, simply making a comparison, one that Jesus himself made. Jesus said "If they can do it to the master whom you serve, how much more will they do to the servant who follows in his footsteps?"

Pacquiao is the servant, the media bullies and public humiliation he is suffering is similar to the persecution Jesus went through (though taking place on different platforms of course, there was no social media back then, lol).

Any way, long story not so short, Pacquiao is a man that has earned my respect. Though I hope he realises how volatile a situation he is in. One cannot mix the laws that serve man with the laws that serve God, for example, if Pacquiao became president and started a motion to ban ****sexual marriages/relationships, he would then have to also make it illegal for heterosexuals to have sex before marriage, he would also have to make adultery a crime as well, amongst many other things that heterosexuals do that are evil in God's eyes. One can not pick and choose which of God's laws to follow and which of God's words to discard, because "He who shall add to the holy gospel, so shall be added unto his punishment, and he who shall TAKE from the holy scriptures, so shall be taken from his blessings."

So yes, Pac, you got my respect, but this seems like an impossible position you have found yourself in, but if that is the path God has chosen for you, then you have to walk it, and maybe we will see a miracle.
                    Well said. Great post

Comment

Working...
                    X