Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's (or anyone's) Right To Free Speech OR The Hurt Feelings Of Gay People?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac has a right to free speech. People have a right to speak out against that speech.

Nike have the right to drop him if they dont think he fits their brand.

Bob Arum has the right to speak out against Pac if he wants to clarify that Mannys views dont represent his own.

Comment

Similar to Kovalev cultural context needs to be applied here. He isn't American and I doubt *******ual rights is thought of as normal to the average Filipino. In a society that is so religious people that commit a sin and are unapologetic about it would be viewed as this.

By the way what are Kovalev's views on *******uality? This could be a doozie....

Comment

some of u fools dont know what free speech is. You can say what ya want but that dont mean people cant express their displeasure with what u said.

Comment

My bad daggum - I meant to say 'partner'.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            his religion also forbids women being educated. it says to keep them in the dark. let's be thankful that topic didn't come up or maybe thats one of the parts he ignores lol
            Again, not something I agree with but I'm not going to get upset about another person's belief that has absolutely zero carryover.

He has his beliefs, they carry no weight in terms of impacting the life of others, no big deal.

Comment

Listen up. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you have "freedom of consequences" from what you say. If any of you said what Pac said at your job, you'd be fired immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
                Listen up. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you have "freedom of consequences" from what you say. If any of you said what Pac said at your job, you'd be fired immediately.
                Im a boss and we gives no ****s.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  My bad daggum - I meant to say 'partner'.
                  lol. there is nothing wrong with cooking or looking after your children. just because hegemony says that's a "womens' role" doesn't make it any lesser. you are essentially saying women are lesser then men so yea i don't agree. i'm sorry you were brainwashed into fitting into specific gender roles. that must be so frustrating having to do everything you are supposed to do instead of doing what you like. i don't like cooking so i don't do it much. i don't have kids but if i did why wouldn't i want to look after them? because it's not manly? is a man supposed to neglect his children? is a man supposed to teach them that gay people are evil like your father figure/church taught you? i won't do that so i guess i'm not a "man" implying once again that men are better or have some sort of inherent claim to dominate this world. they don't. they took control via force but look around. the days of using force are over. its time to start using our minds.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Again, not something I agree with but I'm not going to get upset about another person's belief that has absolutely zero carryover.

He has his beliefs, they carry no weight in terms of impacting the life of others, no big deal.
                    except that's not true. gay people do not have equal rights here in the united states so obviously his kind of thinking does have an effect on others. conversely people who argue for equal rights do not effect anyone else. the only thing some people will lose is the ability to legally discriminate against others which they never should have had in the first place. pretending you are a victim because you can't legally discriminate against someone anymore is very sad. you aren't a victim. you have been victimizing people.
                    Last edited by daggum; 02-18-2016, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      lol. there is nothing wrong with cooking or looking after your children. just because hegemony says that's a "womens' role" doesn't make it any lesser. you are essentially saying women are lesser then men so yea i don't agree. i'm sorry you were brainwashed into fitting into specific gender roles. that must be so frustrating having to do everything you are supposed to do instead of doing what you like. i don't like cooking so i don't do it much. i don't have kids but if i did why wouldn't i want to look after them? because it's not manly? is a man supposed to neglect his children? is a man supposed to teach them that gay people are evil like your father figure/church taught you? i won't do that so i guess i'm not a "man" implying once again that men are better or have some sort of inherent claim to dominate this world. they don't. they took control via force but look around. the days of using force are over. its time to start using our minds.
                      Your right bro - I think Im going to go enroll in a class on how to get in touch with my feminine side ; and sign up for a gay parade to show my support - and while Im at it Im going to turn in my guns and sign a petition to outlaw boxing because its too primal and women don't get the exposer as men! and thats ***ist.

Comment

Working...
                      X