Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's (or anyone's) Right To Free Speech OR The Hurt Feelings Of Gay People?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    Your naivety astounds me.

http://observer.com/2012/05/top-10-p...y-republicans/

That took about 20 seconds. And of course that is probably just the tip of the iceberg. For the obvious reasons many, probably most GLB republicans / conservatives may not wish to advertise their sexuality. It is what it is. Either way it has little relevance to the issue of whether or not they have the right to be protected from discrimination - exactly like everyone else.
    You guys just dont get it do you?....I mean whats next Gay Muslims? does that sound alright to you?...but he say he Muslim doe.

Comment

Pacman is a scumbag

Wishing death on people crosses the line

Nike has a brand to protect

Pacman will probably get dropped from Footlocker if he keeps this nonsense up

His PR team has failed him
      Last edited by FrankieBruno; 02-18-2016, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Just like with the Donald Sterling case a right to free speech means a right to say what you want and not be prosecuted or put in jail. It doesn't mean there are 0 consequences to saying what you believe. Doesn't mean the NBA can't make a decision that it doesn't want to be associated with Sterling. A private business that relies on sponsors has a right to make that call. Manny's not going to jail. He and Floyd can spout all the hate rhetoric they want and still walk the streets as free people in the US. Nike can make the decision that those views don't represent their brand and cut ties with him like they did. Its really not that hard of a concept to understand here.

Comment

Silly argument. No one is imposing on anyone's rights to free speech.

If I was your friend or business partner, and went up to your Mom and said she was a filthy disgusting pig that needed to be shot in the head, whats more important? My right to free speech or our friendship/business relationship? Would it be a violation of my free speech for you to cut ties with me?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            You guys just dont get it do you?....I mean whats next Gay Muslims? does that sound alright to you?...but he say he Muslim doe.
            Yes, there's gay Muslims. Guess what! Gays are just like the rest of us! But you're continually missing the point. I will re-iterate. Prejudice is prejudice it doesn't matter whether you dislike or disapprove of the person or people being discriminated.

Comment

Free Speech > Anti-hate speech

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Yes, there's gay Muslims. Guess what! Gays are just like the rest of us! But you're continually missing the point. I will re-iterate. Prejudice is prejudice it doesn't matter whether you dislike or disapprove of the person or people being discriminated.
                Another topic I got property with front ocean side view in Reno if your interested - PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  his religion also forbids women being educated. it says to keep them in the dark. let's be thankful that topic didn't come up or maybe thats one of the parts he ignores lol
                  also isn't the sabbath supposed to be on saturday? you're not supposed to work on the sabbath, right? how many boxers would be ****ing dead if we went by the book?

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
                    also isn't the sabbath supposed to be on saturday? you're not supposed to work on the sabbath, right? how many boxers would be ****ing dead if we went by the book?
                    you have no real understanding of what sabbath is...

Comment

• Would all the people citing free speech have the same attitude if he was racially insulting blacks?

Nope.

Comment

Working...
                      X