Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Canelo Couldn't Hurt Cotto, What Happens With GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    Who has GGG fought that had good footwork? Who could slip punches and side step? You know dang well GGG has fought NOBODY! Peter Lemuix was KO'd by Ricky Martin Rubio!
    Ur pretending to miss da point..da Question should be does Canelo have da footwork to get tru 3G jab?..don't tell me Canelo is gonna look like sweet pea Rigo or Floyd now bc he made Cotto miss a few punches..since wen has Canelo move like Pac with his feet..by asking me those Q ..ur saying Canelo will slip ..step side to side, in and out..how is he going to do that with no footwork. .sht da man can even cut da ring off yet bc of his bad footwork..yes 3G haven't fought name fighters yet..but Canelo resume won't help him vs GGG. .canelo has looked like sht with some of those name fighters..and da one he looked great were small stationary targets...Lemieux would be a better fight for Canelo then WW khan who got KO by Prescott n others..but i guess ur a fan that likes $ fight even wen they are a mismatch..canelo gonna look great again with a KO of another name may 7.. da resume gonna look even better ..still won't help him vs GGG. .

Comment

Originally posted by doninlouisiana View Post
      I can see them finding a compromise at 157 or 58 as I can't see Canelo giving up the belt over the BS 155 limit(Mexican fans will consider him a coward if he gives up the belt) as Golovkin can stand pat and get Canelos belt. I think GGG goes ahead and gives in 2 pounds as he has weighed in at 158.5 and 159 a couple of times in recent fights. Regardless of weight Canelo get blasted out in Sept, no doubt about it.

I don't really understand this point of view..... ?

I have no hope that K2 will negotiate, and little hope for the fight.

I'd say, it is dead.

Team Golovkin already had an opportunity to negotiate with Canelo regarding the weight, and they flatly refused..... leading to the WBC deferring Canelo's mandatory.

If K2 were willing to negotiate, they would likely be in discussion now.

If they already flatly refused to negotiate, why would they suddenly change their minds months later?

I don't think they want anything to do with Canelo unless Golovkin has an advantage..... and Canelo won't accept being treated like the B-side, not from that team.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        I don't really understand this point of view..... ?

I have no hope that K2 will negotiate, and little hope for the fight.

I'd say, it is dead.

Team Golovkin already had an opportunity to negotiate with Canelo regarding the weight, and they flatly refused..... leading to the WBC deferring Canelo's mandatory.

If K2 were willing to negotiate, they would likely be in discussion now.

If they already flatly refused to negotiate, why would they suddenly change their minds months later?

I don't think they want anything to do with Canelo unless Golovkin has an advantage..... and Canelo won't accept being treated like the B-side, not from that team.
        None of us know what happened in negotiation, unless you're linked to GGGs team, or Canelo's team, or are high ranking in the WBC, I guess. Judging from your writing style, I find all of those hard to believe.

There's clearly a sticking point between GGG and Canelo. I think you'll find it's probably because Canelo was unwilling to move from 155, and wanted a 90 - 10 split. There's being a B side, and then there's rolling over and taking it, and that offer goes far beyond that.

I don't think GGG wants an advantage. Being the mandatory challenger against the lineal, belt holding champ at MW, it really shouldn't be contentious for that fight to be at 160. He's the lineal champ, for christ's sake, and in he comes in on fight nights at 175+ to Golovkin's 170.

Canelo must be a real baby - he's struggling to put on an extra 5 pounds of weight, whereas Khan is willing to put on 8. Again, you can't cut it both ways; either putting on weight is easy (which will make Canelo's win against Khan more legit) or it makes things much harder (which will make Canelo's win against Khan a paper victory).

As I've said previously, there's an agreement. The agreement doesn't even need to be in writing because the media have quoted the WBC as saying that "the parties agreed to an interim bout, before fighting in the Fall. This is to "marinate" the fight". If the WBC or Canelo refuse to uphold this, there's a case to be made for breach of contract, suing the WBC and Canelo.

As I said previously, the last time the WBC was sued was in 1997, and the $32 million settlement bankrupted the WBC. They were still paying $1.2 million a year back in 2007, and had to ask for a years grace because they were struggling. I'm fairly sure they don't want to be sued again.

Comment

Originally posted by spanishboxing View Post
          Ur pretending to miss da point..da Question should be does Canelo have da footwork to get tru 3G jab?..don't tell me Canelo is gonna look like sweet pea Rigo or Floyd now bc he made Cotto miss a few punches..since wen has Canelo move like Pac with his feet..by asking me those Q ..ur saying Canelo will slip ..step side to side, in and out..how is he going to do that with no footwork. .sht da man can even cut da ring off yet bc of his bad footwork..yes 3G haven't fought name fighters yet..but Canelo resume won't help him vs GGG. .canelo has looked like sht with some of those name fighters..and da one he looked great were small stationary targets...Lemieux would be a better fight for Canelo then WW khan who got KO by Prescott n others..but i guess ur a fan that likes $ fight even wen they are a mismatch..canelo gonna look great again with a KO of another name may 7.. da resume gonna look even better ..still won't help him vs GGG. .
          You DO know that Saul is a 3:1 favorite AND GGG is a 18:1 favorite against D-Wade...

You want to point at mismatches like Khan/Canelo while you pleasure yourself and get all wet over a REAL mismatch like Wade/GGG??? Bury that BS fight!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            You DO know that Saul is a 3:1 favorite AND GGG is a 18:1 favorite against D-Wade...

You want to point at mismatches like Khan/Canelo while you pleasure yourself and get all wet over a REAL mismatch like Wade/GGG??? Bury that BS fight!!!
            Still pretending. .khan is WW. .Wade a MW. .and yes wade vs 3G a sht fight...but since I made my point about Canelo skills u take to insult by referring to me getting wet..lol..I stick to boxing. .like i said his resume won't help him vs GGG...and neither will him being da A side...3G will do as he pleases with Canelo in da ring. .and it's not just 3G. .ones canelo starts fighting guys his weight he will get hurt. .KO TKO. .so lets hope he becomes this slick stick n move in n out fighter u think he is. ..I just want him to learn how to cut da ring off /uses da jab

Comment

Originally posted by Xoahr View Post
              None of us know what happened in negotiation, unless you're linked to GGGs team, or Canelo's team, or are high ranking in the WBC, I guess. Judging from your writing style, I find all of those hard to believe.

There's clearly a sticking point between GGG and Canelo. I think you'll find it's probably because Canelo was unwilling to move from 155, and wanted a 90 - 10 split. There's being a B side, and then there's rolling over and taking it, and that offer goes far beyond that.

I don't think GGG wants an advantage. Being the mandatory challenger against the lineal, belt holding champ at MW, it really shouldn't be contentious for that fight to be at 160. He's the lineal champ, for christ's sake, and in he comes in on fight nights at 175+ to Golovkin's 170.

Canelo must be a real baby - he's struggling to put on an extra 5 pounds of weight, whereas Khan is willing to put on 8. Again, you can't cut it both ways; either putting on weight is easy (which will make Canelo's win against Khan more legit) or it makes things much harder (which will make Canelo's win against Khan a paper victory).

As I've said previously, there's an agreement. The agreement doesn't even need to be in writing because the media have quoted the WBC as saying that "the parties agreed to an interim bout, before fighting in the Fall. This is to "marinate" the fight". If the WBC or Canelo refuse to uphold this, there's a case to be made for breach of contract, suing the WBC and Canelo.

As I said previously, the last time the WBC was sued was in 1997, and the $32 million settlement bankrupted the WBC. They were still paying $1.2 million a year back in 2007, and had to ask for a years grace because they were struggling. I'm fairly sure they don't want to be sued again.

Who's alt are you ?

Canelo said that he will fight Golovkin at 155 tomorrow.

Did the fight get made ?

Aight then, we know exactly what happened.

* Canelo demanded 155
              * Team Golovkin refused to negotiate
              * The WBC " fixed " the problem, by deferring Canelo's mandatory

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...eight-division

Comment

Originally posted by Xoahr View Post

I had forgotten about that completely. Also not only is this agreement verbal but it is in writing as well. The WBC has no choice but to enforce the agreement or strip the party that refuses to make the fight. This being the one fight the world wants to see the most, not much wiggle room for any of the parties involved.
                Last edited by doninlouisiana; 02-14-2016, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doninlouisiana View Post
                  I had forgotten about that completely. Also not only is this agreement verbal but it is in writing as well. The WBC has no choice but to enforce the agreement or strip the party that refuses to make the fight. This being the one fight the world wants to see the most, not much wiggle room for any of the parties involved.

But, we have been over all of this ?

* Canelo will demand 155
                  * Team Golovkin will refuse to negotiate
                  * Canelo will be stripped

Meaning.....

1) we miss out on that fight

2) Golovkin becomes a paper champ, and - INEXPLICABLY - misses out on that HUGE payday, and that HUGE exposure

3) Canelo laughs at Golovkin, then rematches Cotto for $15mil

I just think it would be better for Golovkin to negotiate, considering he said that he can beat anyone at 154..... it just makes more sense.

They know that Canelo is not a genuine middleweight.

Comment

Zab Judah hit Cotto harder than Canelo did

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Canelo rocked him numerous times which is why Cotto was on his bike most of the fight
                      I question how long some of you have watched boxing, and if you have been watching long, why not try to learn?

Cotto's fight plan was to move around and box, hoping he would accumulate rounds in doing so. Then after, around the middle rounds, try to push Canelo on his back foot, and start landing heavier shots. When Cotto realized he couldn't back Canelo up successfully, Cotto continued boxing. There was no running, or bicycle riding as you tards like to put it, as evidenced by the fact that Cotto out punched Canelo by almost 200 punches. 255 of which were power punches, only 43 less than Canelo's 298 power punches. I've seen the fight 5 times, because I enjoy breaking down fights, Cotto was never hurt, never showed any signs of being hurt by a punch. You can't "run" and throw 200 more punches than your opponent. It's reveals a lack of knowledge to even suggest it.

Comment

Working...
                      X