Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There have been bigger fights $wise but the energy for May-Hatton was 2nd to none

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There have been bigger fights $wise but the energy for May-Hatton was 2nd to none

I havent seen a fight since that fight have the energy of this fight...both guys prime, undefeated, die hard fans and the whole boxing world waiting for it

both these guys were in my top 5 favorite fighters and had hell of swag

Manny and ODLH were the big money fight for the cash cows

Mayweather Hatton...the build up, personalities of fighters, was awesome being around when it was going on

I cant argue that. The hype and fight crowd was fantastic. One of the best ever

Comment

Hatton was all hype unfortunately! Another "title" fight from Floyd taking on a fighter who never fought in the division.

"2nd to none"..........is a far fetch in the history of boxing. Maybe that year!

Ray

Comment

fight was like a college football game

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Hatton was all hype unfortunately! Another "title" fight from Floyd taking on a fighter who never fought in the division.

"2nd to none"..........is a far fetch in the history of boxing. Maybe that year!

Ray
          ?? Hatton had won the WBA ww title..what are you talking about? and it was only Floyds 4th fight at ww

Comment

Great fight, Hatton showed up to fight win or lose, he went out on his shield.
            He wasn't scared of going for it, that was the difference. Oscar and Manny didn't want it as bad.

I had money on Floyd and rounds 9 and 10, I was scared for a while.

The fans and that damn Ricky Hatton song got old real fast, they didn't like when I showed them my winning tickets. Great Times.

Comment

Ray
              Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
              ?? Hatton had won the WBA ww title..what are you talking about? and it was only Floyds 4th fight at ww

Comment

It was indeed.

Comment

Ray
                  Not the first dumb post from you. Won't be the last.

Comment

Pure magic. That fight consumed me. I could barely think of anything else in the run up. Some of my friends sold their cars and motorbikes to fund the Vegas trip. One quit his job when they wouldn't give him the time off.

I wasn't in a position go so had to settle for greeting Floyd with a warm Mancunian welcome at the presser and watching the fight at a now defunct sports bar amid a bunch of frothing at the mouth enthusiasts! Happy times.

Just watching the weigh-in gave me goosebumps.

Comment

Working...
                    X