Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There have been bigger fights $wise but the energy for May-Hatton was 2nd to none

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
    Great fight, Hatton showed up to fight win or lose, he went out on his shield.
    He wasn't scared of going for it, that was the difference. Oscar and Manny didn't want it as bad.

I had money on Floyd and rounds 9 and 10, I was scared for a while.

The fans and that damn Ricky Hatton song got old real fast, they didn't like when I showed them my winning tickets. Great Times.
    Definitely. In hindsight it was a good performance by Hatton. He did better than fighters who were more accomplished than he was and the stoppage doesn't negate that. He'd always stated that he'd never be beaten on points, that if he was being schooled he'd always risk going out on his shield to turn it around.

We can add Mosley and Alvarez to that list along with Manny.

Comment

I stand corrected the WBA against Collazo for Hatton was mixed in with "super" welter titles.
      I forget that Floyd only has a handful of welter fights in his career (maybe 12 for TBE hahahaha). They are against has-beens and lightweights but they count!

hey boogi13 who ever you are, what I forgot in boxing you'll never know!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        I stand corrected the WBA against Collazo for Hatton was mixed in with "super" welter titles.
        I forget that Floyd only has a handful of welter fights in his career (maybe 12 for TBE hahahaha). They are against has-beens and lightweights but they count!

hey boogi13 who ever you are, what I forgot in boxing you'll never know!

Ray
        Wow!!! You forgot how to hold a spit bucket? That must really suck.

Comment

Hatton had absolutely great and rabid fans that traveled from the UK to see him.

They were determined to have a good time and let everyone know about him.

Made for an awesome atmosphere.

Comment

I think this fight revolutionized Weigh In's and Press Conference Tours no doubt about that. It was better than Mayweather vs Oscar Build Up IMO

Had a new found respect for UK Fight Fans after that fight, at the Pressers and Weigh In just a lot of energy and excitement for that fight:

Last edited by sicko; 02-10-2016, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              Hatton was all hype unfortunately! Another "title" fight from Floyd taking on a fighter who never fought in the division.

"2nd to none"..........is a far fetch in the history of boxing. Maybe that year!

Ray
              you do realize Hatton won a title at 147 first and also turned pro ten pounds heavier.....troll failed

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                fight was like a college football game
                it was like a concert, soccer game, rolled into one...the crowd was electric...if you missed this one live...you missed a treat...I caught chills watching this fight

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
                  Pure magic. That fight consumed me. I could barely think of anything else in the run up. Some of my friends sold their cars and motorbikes to fund the Vegas trip. One quit his job when they wouldn't give him the time off.

I wasn't in a position go so had to settle for greeting Floyd with a warm Mancunian welcome at the presser and watching the fight at a now defunct sports bar amid a bunch of frothing at the mouth enthusiasts! Happy times.

Just watching the weigh-in gave me goosebumps.
                  the lead up to this fight I havent experienced since then

it was great for fans...two stars from different sides of the world in their prime

Hatton went out like a G...too bad no one else had the balls to do so after, besides Maidana. Jesus Chavez went ape **** til he ate too many shots

only way to beat floyd is too rough him up and punch with him....Hatton had the right idea

People trash Hatton now but they were the same idiots saying floyd wouldnt fight him, how he'd lose......matter of fact this is when the rinse, wash, repeat excuse train kind of started....say he wont fight someone, he beats them, then come the excuses

How could floyd be bigger than a guy who turned pro ten pounds heavier...floyd only had 6 fights above 135 and often weighed 4 or 5 pounds more the next day after wiegh in

excsues excuses excuse4s

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                    Wow!!! You forgot how to hold a spit bucket? That must really suck.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      the lead up to this fight I havent experienced since then

it was great for fans...two stars from different sides of the world in their prime

Hatton went out like a G...too bad no one else had the balls to do so after, besides Maidana. Jesus Chavez went ape **** til he ate too many shots

only way to beat floyd is too rough him up and punch with him....Hatton had the right idea

People trash Hatton now but they were the same idiots saying floyd wouldnt fight him, how he'd lose......matter of fact this is when the rinse, wash, repeat excuse train kind of started....say he wont fight someone, he beats them, then come the excuses

How could floyd be bigger than a guy who turned pro ten pounds heavier...floyd only had 6 fights above 135 and often weighed 4 or 5 pounds more the next day after wiegh in

excsues excuses excuse4s
                      All you do in this ****ing forum is post all day indirectly about Floyd you Floyds ball sucker! do you have a life outside this? are you happy? do you enjoy something other than posting here?

Comment

Working...
                      X