Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Mayweather Beat This Improved Version Of Canelo At 155?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    i never knew gaining or losing weight teaches you how to cut off the ring and not fight the other fighter's fight...how is a kid drained for losing a pound ..he weighed 153 vs trout and had a long training camp as well..friggin know nothing NSB posters man....its some real idiots on this site....uncle roger said it best

Lying again!??? I had already responded this to you.

His weight for the Trout fight was 153½ not 153, and fight night weight against Mayweather was 165, way lower than his normal fight night weight that is around 170-175, which shows that he wansn't just drained, he had to lose muscular mass in order to make weight.

Keep lying, but you don't fool everyone. Floyd said 152 instead of 154 for a reason, assh0le.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post

His weight for the Trout fight was 153½ not 153, and fight night weight against Mayweather was 165, way lower than his normal fight night weight that is around 170-175, which shows that he wansn't just drained, he had to lose muscular mass in order to make weight.

Keep lying, but you don't fool everyone. Floyd said 152 instead of 154 for a reason, assh0le.
      if it makes you feel better....enjoy being in the minority bro...you know the trolls

anybody with a brain knows that pound or pound in a half didnt drain a fighter barely out of puberty

stop reaching....he was never good enough and isnt today to beat floyd....he didnt fight drained or look drained...he rehydrated over 10 pounds....they fouight with the wrong game plan nothing more or less

Comment

His weight for the Trout fight was 153½ not 153, and fight night weight against Mayweather was 165, way lower than his normal fight night weight that is around 170-175, which shows that he wansn't just drained
        , he had to lose muscular mass in order to make weight.

It also shows that fighting at a made up weight class of 155 is fugging ridiculous too.

But stay mad.

Comment

exactly...thats like saying if Mayweather would have fought Marquez in 2012 when he kayoed Pac, instead of in 2009 would it have made a difference...no...Mayweather has little trouble beating natural counterpunchers like them
          Not comparable really because skill-wise Marquez was fully developed already whereas Canelo is only now entering his Prime. Marquez did jump up two weight divisions for Floyd and he clearly didn't do the weight right, he visibly wasn't in the best condition.

The Heredia version would have done better against Floyd, he would have won one or two more rounds I'd say. Not enough to come close to winning the fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
            Mayweather still wins with very little difference from the first, maybe slightly more competitive but not vy much.

IMHO though i think this the most likely fight if Mayweather would return. It would be a huge ppv and get him #50 and the mw title without having to fight at the actual mw limit. The Pacquiao fight let the air out of a rematch being anywhere near as big as it was the first time unless Pacquiao destroys Bradley which i highly doubt.
            Agreed. Would be like Wright-Mosley II.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
              It also shows that fighting at a made up weight class of 155 is fugging ridiculous too.

But stay mad.
              Of course it ****ing is, where did I say otherwise?

In fact, I made a thread about it:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...php?p=16419667

Make the weigh in five hours before the fight. In that way, cheaters such as Mr 155 would not be able to use drain-weight abilities to gain advantage.

If they die because of water draining, it's their ****ing fault.

Fight in the division you belong.

Comment

if it makes you feel better....enjoy being in the minority bro...you know the trolls

anybody with a brain knows that pound or pound in a half didnt drain a fighter barely out of puberty

stop reaching....he was never good enough and isnt today to beat floyd....he didnt fight drained or look drained...he rehydrated over 10 pounds....they fouight with the wrong game plan nothing more or less
                How conveniently you forget to explain how Canelo fight night weight was 165 against Floyd when he's normally on 170-175. That's because he had to lose muscle mass to make 152.

Comment

How conveniently you forget to explain how Canelo fight night weight was 165 against Floyd when he's normally on 170-175. That's because he had to lose muscle mass to make 152.
                  do you think he could beat floyd at 155 if they fought in 8 weeks and training camp? Im sure you dont so STFU.....excuses are for losers

Canelo was dumb enough to try and outsmart the most adaptable fighter in the game and also the best counter fighter....he was stupid fighting like that...he should have imposed his size....but im sure you wont admit he fought with the dumbest plan ever versus a pure boxer

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
                    Agreed. Would be like Wright-Mosley II.
                    fight 2 was way more competitive than fight one...i think i had wright only win by 2-3 rounds where as the first didnt even need a scorecard....wish mosely would have left his dad sooner...that power boxing crap was bull...when He was at lightweight and later on when he got off the weight bench he was looser, lean, and more fluid

Comment

Canelo fought the same way he always does in his last fight. Mayweather is a bad style matchup, it would be the same result. Canelo likes to box on the outside and use his hand speed advantage he usually has, youre never going to outbox mayweather on the outside unless you have a top notch jab and canelo doesnt.

Comment

Working...
                      X