Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like watching Shawn Porter fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really

But i will say i don't think anybody will have an easy night against him just because of his style. He is beatable but you're not going to look good in the process. A bit like Sakio Bika, not that they're alike, but in the sense you can beat them but it's never going to be spectacular. I also think he will rack up some good wins against very good opposition in his career just because of this.

Comment

Not really , Not a huge fan of him or his style he seems to have 1 mode which is come forward like bull in a china shop

But he seems to want want to take on all comers and for that he has my respect

Comment

He shows some skill in how he manages to get inside, slip/get under opponents jab, double/triple his own jab, etc. And he's got quick feet which makes him difficult to time on the way in (which Brook did very well)

But once inside he smothers himself. Against Paulie he was able to create space and be effective. The Broner fight was ugly but that was not all Porter's fault because the ref allowed too much clinching.

With fighters that like to work inside it's up to the ref to enforce excessive clinching because it will make for an unwatchable fight.

Comment

Your gripe should be with the allowance of excessive clinching. If Brook and Broner weren't hugging him for dear life do you think those wouldn't have been good fights?

Comment

Seem like I'm one of the few that do. He's like a tornado... Who doesn't like to watch tornadoes!?!

Comment

Against Alexander i loved his performance but before and after that im not much a fan of his style. The guy works his ass off though, got a lot of grit and determination to win. He tries to box but his skillset is based around his ability to close distance and rough house fighting to win.

He will give any top fighter a run for their money though no doubt, cant fault a guy who works his ass off to become better.

Comment

I quite like Porter. He comes across ok. He's effective at what he does.
                I respect him as a fighter, but no, i don't enjoy watching him fight.

Comment

Not really.

It's ugly and he's not very sharp at all in any part of his game.

Comment

Not at all.

He just bulls forward with his head and throws wide, wild swings. Every fight he's in is a clinch-fest and he rabbit punches all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      yea but is thurman a clincher like brook? porter tried to get inside but got held everytime he did get inside so brook won easily by wininng the outside and preventing the inside fight from happening.
                      Not really, but who knows what he'll do against that relentless pressure.

Comment

Working...
                      X