No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Khan Thinks He Can Do What I Did To Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russ. View Post
    canelo actually agreed to 150 when he fought floyd, floyd is the one who let him be 2 pounds heavier at 152.
    That is the Koolaid that Floyd and his fans had you believing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
      and Floyd weighing 135lbs
      Think before you write , Manny weighed 147 and was heavier than Oscar on the night .

Like I said to be the same as Oscar you would need Khan Canelo fight to be at 147 .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        A near dead Oscar are you people serious lol , for this fight to be comparable it would need Canelo weighing in at 147 .
        There are a few big differences:
        - Oscar called the shots. Meaning, he thought he can make that weight easily.
        - Canelo mentioned it many times that he did not want to fight at a CW.
        - Canelo said that making the CW was the hardest part of his training camp.
        - Oscar came in at 150 in his previous fight. So 147 was only 3lbs.
        - Manny was fighting at 130lb a year earlier. Had just fought at 135 once. Never fought at 140 nor 147.
        - Floyd had fought at 154 on several occasions.
        - Both Floyd and Canelo held a title at 154 yet Floyd wanted Canelo to fight for all those belts at 152 CW.

- Oscar made several mistakes.
        He wanted to come in light so that he can have more speed to try to reduce Manny's main advantage which was his speed. Oscar felt confident because he was making weight even before the weigh in.
        Oscar did not keep the southpaws for his sparring that were giving him trouble during training camp. He let them go early on. Oscar always had trouble with those type of fighters.

Comment

Why is Khan getting flack? Floyd assumes this is why Khan took the fight. Khan studied the Mayweather/Alvarez fight because it's Saul's only loss, lol. I'm sure they'll study the Lara fight, too. I always knew once Khan stepped up, his haters would have other **** to say. Pathetic, if you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Think before you write , Manny weighed 147 and was heavier than Oscar on the night .

Like I said to be the same as Oscar you would need Khan Canelo fight to be at 147 .
            he came from 135;bs before he fought oscar think before you post

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
              How did he cherry pick Maidana? According to lost of the dumbasses that infest this site, unification fights are the holy grail of boxing. Floyd-Chino I was a unification fight.
              I don't want hear that nonsense about a unification when fights are supposed to elevate ones legacy this juts like the baldimor that fight didn't enhance his legacy especially considering how Maidana was soundly beaten by Alexnder and Khan prior
              Last edited by imperial1; 02-11-2016, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X