Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Confirms Interest in Bernard Hopkins Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strive 4 Truth View Post
    Did Triple G have any fights denied by the commission? NO What about Ward? YES Hopkins is still the better name at 168. He can go for the champs when he moves up. No other 160 champs are jumping at a unification with Triple G either.
    Did you see where I said take Ward out of the equation and add DeGale and Jack. Both of those fights are better fights than Hopkins. What's the point of fighting Hopkins at 168 when he can fight better, younger, fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
      Hopkins would school GGG.
      Until GGG beats him, then the narrative changes where everyone says that Hopkins is old.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
        Wait a minute. I think this is a dumb fight to be made, but even I think a Hopkins vs GGG fight would at least equal Ward vs GGG fight in terms of viewer ratings.
        Ward-GGG does at least 300K PPV buys. I'm not sure they could sell Hopkins-GGG on PPV. If they did, I think it would do 200K-250K. If properly promoted, it could do 300K.

I don't think its the worst fight in the world. Especially if it were made INSTEAD of this Wade garbage. I think its also acceptable if the Canelo fight doesn't fight in Sept. It actually makes sense. Hopkins attracts mainstream attention. My only issue was buddy saying its a bigger fight than the Ward fight. Its not.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          Did you see where I said take Ward out of the equation and add DeGale and Jack. Both of those fights are better fights than Hopkins. What's the point of fighting Hopkins at 168 when he can fight better, younger, fighters?
          Triple G does not want to fight for a title at 168, he wants to reach his goal of unifying the MW division. Hopkins is an option at least someone is willing to step forward. Sad it has to be a 50 yr old man. Shows where Hopkins came from, these young guys think their super stars already. You would just rip Triple G for winning a title at 168 and dropping back to 160 holding it hostage or vacating it. Hopkins has the name, Triple G needs a name, and it seems like the only name willing.

Comment

Why would a 51 yr old Hopkins commit boxing suicide?

Why would a slowed down beaten down old Hopkins want to get slaughtered by GGG? Is money needed that badly for the greedy old man HOP he of diminished skills and more of a slow joke? Why can't the bitter bigot Hopkins just fade away into the sunset and just ride along as Golden Boy's Oscar flunky and yes man? Hop needs to give the boxing up and just talk boxing. It's over and the fat lady has sung many times but Hop cannot hear her. The scent of money blinds these fighters who are willing to get hurt for a payday. Hop ain't broke just dumb.

Comment

Just once I'd like to see Hopkins knocked out. 1999, 2000 Hopkins decisions or late tko over ggg.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                It's tough being a GGG fan with Loeffler behind the wheel
                Yup! I like GGG! Can't STAND his HO's Loeffler and Sanchez... Always writing checks with their mouths and GGG has to clean up the mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  I actually think Hopkins could put up a fight...unless he's shot now...people forget he had 3 belts before he lost to Kovalev..GGG is not nearly as big and I'm guessing as strong as Kov...

Who knows....GGG needs a name but this is kind of ridiculous...just fight Degale at 168
                  Or Ward, Kov, even the Dirrells for a start.

Comment

Originally posted by wlliam View Post
                    I swear he sounded like Hearns..we want this guy BUT we got this mando lol

That last part made me laugh...if canelo dont want it, Billie joe dont want it then we'll go up to 168for a marketable name who is more active than ward...so in other words anybpdy but Ward lol
                    And that's what should be taken from the article. Nobody is even talking about Ward-GGG anymore. But Team GGG for whatever reason still feels the need to shoot down the fight. That tells me all I need to know about

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      I'm in the minority but I want to see this fight
                      I actually would also! BHOP is still Ranked #3 at LHW. Wayyyy better than David Wade.

Comment

Working...
                      X