Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Confirms Interest in Bernard Hopkins Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats going on here????????

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      I'm a total loser who tries like hell to think of funny insults so people on the internet will like me, but I fail miserably just like I do at everything else in life

seems about right..........

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        I actually like the fight. Hopkins is old, but he's still extremely good and would have a weight advantage.

But it should be at 175. Hopkins fricking 50. Asking him to drain would be showing bad manners to the legend. Loeffler would deserve some crap if he insists on 168. Let Hopkins come in at whatever he wants, Golovkin can just come in at whatever without worrying weights. 165, 168, w/e.
        Where is this Hopkins is still extremely good idea coming from? He threw 15 punches a round in his last fight. He can't move like he used to and it's safe to say his reflexes have slowed a ton. He hasn't beaten a top fighter since...since?

SMH.

Comment

• Why are so many GGG fans saying Loeffler is playing around. Whenever GGG or his team say something that brings criticism GGG fans act like its a joke to deflect.

Why aren't GGG fans in this thread posting he shouldn't move to 168 because of unification like they do whenever another 168lb fight comes up?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Where is this Hopkins is still extremely good idea coming from? He threw 15 punches a round in his last fight. He can't move like he used to and it's safe to say his reflexes have slowed a ton. He hasn't beaten a top fighter since...since?

SMH.
            Oh I don't know. Probably because a little over a year ago you were saying that Kovalev only has a puncher's chance against Hopkins.

Now your story is that Golovkin would deserve no credit if he beats him, even if he's outweighted by 20 pounds because Hopkins is old. Going from 50 to 51 has REALLLY aged Hopkins.

Continue with the hate.

Comment

• I'd be a little concerned for Bernard here. He shipped a good amount of punishment towards the end of his last fight that was uncomfortable to watch.

Brains don't do well being bashed around, particularly when you've got half a century on the clock.

Boiling down in weight would only compound the issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Why are so many GGG fans saying Loeffler is playing around. Whenever GGG or his team say something that brings criticism GGG fans act like its a joke to deflect.

Why aren't GGG fans in this thread posting he shouldn't move to 168 because of unification like they do whenever another 168lb fight comes up?
                Whether Team GGG is "playing around" or not. The fact that he had the nerve to open up his mouth and say Hopkins is a bigger fight than Ward is grounds for criticism. And ita borderline pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  id make a pretty lousy racist, since I let the man live in my home for 2 years for free, bailed him out of jail, gave him a car, amongst many other things, meanwhile his so-called "brothers" like you were on sites like this claiming he was a joke because of the Peden loss, or his other "brothers" like Don King were trying to pick the gold out of his teeth.

I really need to try harder at that racism stuff. Perhaps you could give me a few pointers.......
                  You're a liar and a *****.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    Whether Team GGG is "playing around" or not. The fact that he had the nerve to open up his mouth and say Hopkins is a bigger fight than Ward is grounds for criticism. And ita borderline pathetic.
                    Its not bigger but HBO will promote it more because its a very winnable fight for GGG and they can celebrate Hopkins. If it happens it happens but I notice you do not see One Punch or J0zef and others talking about unification, which they always do when the topic of GGG fighting above 169 is being discussed.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Why are so many GGG fans saying Loeffler is playing around. Whenever GGG or his team say something that brings criticism GGG fans act like its a joke to deflect.
                      Probably because it doesn't make much sense and doesn't seem likely. I don't think he's joking there's probably reasons behind everything he says, he's a promoter, but regardless numerous things would have to happen in order for this fight to take place:

-Golovkin is still fighting his mandatory next.
                      -Hopkins is looking to fight real soon as well.
                      -Canelo/Golovkin talks would have to fall apart again later in the year.
                      -Saunders/or whoever might beat him v Golovkin talks would have to fall apart.
                      -HBO would have to be willing to pay for this fight.

I'm not a fan of Leoffler thinking or talking about this fight. I think comments like these don't help Golovkin at all. If he's honestly thinking that maybe this is a good fight, he's ******. If he's using it for some other reason like to show Golden Boy/Canelo Golovkin has plenty of options by going after another Golden Boy fighter, well that's pretty ****** as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X