No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz-Tony Thompson Finalized For March 5th on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    Don't missuse the word "fact." its beyond sop****ric to do so... thompson has a record of doing well in fights against top competition, thats a fact. hes a gatekeeper, but if someone screws up, ask Solis another Cuban sensation about it. I liked Solis and I like Ortiz, no harm in fighting an old school gate keeper to keep you honest.

You know the heavyweight division is full of guys coming up, and it would be grand if there was a tourney or something like that, but in the meantime lets not sell other's short.
    Fair enough. It's a prediction, no bias or fanboyism involved. And I'm well aware of Thompson's past performances. I'm a minor fan if truth be told. He's a road warrior, and when he went to Turkey and beat that fat slob Solis I couldn't have been happier. But Ortiz isn't Solis, no where near. And Thompson is significantly faded to the point where he can barely even move any more. He's going to get hit hard and hit often by a vicious skilled puncher with a KO mindset. That's not going to end well for him however you try to spin it.

Comment

Happy this is happening for all involved, including the fans. Props to Tony for talking his way into a paycheck. Good for him. I sincerely hope he doesn't get seriously hurt versus Ortiz. There's a real chance of that. Not too often you get a fight you're looking forward to inside of a month from the scheduled date!

Comment

Working...
      X