Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach Doubts Canelo Fight Will Happen in 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would Golovkin fight Lucian Bute at 168?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho Puncho View Post
      To unify all belts in his division is a fine career strategy for GGG. That way he will close all escape routes at 160 and force "names" to fight him if they want meaningful fight. Basically GGG should become undisputed and hold on to his belts for indefinitely long time, taking occasional fights at 168 and finally close career at light-heavyweight. He probably will be in his prime until 40 or even after that. Power and skills are the last thing to go.
      There are enough Russians at 175...

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
        Shut the f uck up bombmaker

Nobody gives a f uck what some goat herder from the middle east has to say

Fck you doing over here bombmaker?!
        Keep up the good work, "boi"...

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          Not really arguing with that..... but, after Golovkin fights DeGale at SMW, how will they convince lil 155lb Canelo that he doesn't need a catchweight against a guy who can fight at 168?

If they will not negotiate with Canelo, they can forget that fight.

I agree that Canelo should drop the belt.

And..... I'm not necessarily saying that Golovkin should drop to 155, even though he recently stated that he can..... I'm just saying that Team Golovkin totally refusing to negotiate with Canelo, will definitely kill the fight, and they know it.
          I agree, they know it, but so does Canelo. There's almost an unspoken language that's going on between them right now. I'll make a stipulation that you can refuse on reasonable grounds. I blame GGG more though for not calling Canelo's bluff. Sometimes you have to risk taking an L to get the glory.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            Golovkin KOd "my boy" Bute at the amateurs... at 165...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              Golovkin KOd "my boy" Bute at the amateurs... at 165...
              Bute seems like a good option to me when the Canelo fight inevitably falls through. Gives him room to test the water at 168 against a chinny guy he has confidence against.

Comment

Bute seems like a good option to me when the Canelo fight inevitably falls through. Gives him room to test the water at 168 against a chinny guy he has confidence against.
                Bute is now signed with Haymon and (last time, with DeGale) he didn't sell tickets the way he used to sell in Quebec...

Comment

Canelo said he would fight GGG but at the Canelo catchweight of 155 lbs as he's champion and it should be on his terms, even at 155 lbs I see GGG winning but surely Canelo can't drop the belt in order to duck GGG. His credibility as a fighter would sink even lower than it already has by choosing to fight Khan.

Comment

My hunch is IF Canelo recuses to fight GGG the WBC will pull GGGs mando status. Canelo holdn the belt is in their interestbcuz he brings more money. The rule about a titlist from another sanctioning body not being able to fight for their interim title will come bk into play, i remember them making an exemption for GGG...lets not act surprised if/when they retract that exemption. Purely speculation at this point but not too far from WBC character and conduct. Im hoping the fight gets made tho and knowing Canelo, he'll face GGG.

On another note, we gotta stop blaming the "other" team for "avoiding" a fight with GGG when a fight doesnt happen immediately come off. As far as i know team GGG is also in agreement. They agreed to take an in between after Canelo beat Cotto...they agreed to wait with Team Cotto which hilarious btw lol they agreed to take step aside/ducking fees then Cotto doesnt pay up and gets stripped lmao...classic b move by Cotto though

Comment

Anybody from 154-168 lol

Comment

Working...
                      X