No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Castillo appreciation thread: still a hot topic after 14 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    watching it live i was in high school...i was like why is a lightweight fighting a welterweight for the lightweight title.....castillo was one big strong mofo

and a tough sob
    He sure was and I don't think anyone could ever question Floyd's chin. The guy can take a hell of a shot.

Comment

watching it live i was in high school...i was like why is a lightweight fighting a welterweight for the lightweight title.....castillo was one big strong mofo

and a tough sob
      I was in college and, believe it or not, was actually a Floyd fan lol. I remember scoring it for Jose at the time and every other time I scored it, as well. Let's see how biased I am now lol.

Comment

round 10:: 10-8 castillo

point deduction and late round surge by castillo

card 1: 95-94 Mayweather

card 2: 96-94 castillo
        Finally lil floyd listens to uncle roger and sits down on his shots, great round and castillo is still churning

those combos and sharp counters saved the day for Mayweather in this round

scorecard 1: 105- 103 Mayweather

scorecard 2: 105-105 even

the more I see this fight the more I see Castillo being a hall of famer...this guy was the most skilled pressure fighter of the last 16 years easily...gave mayweather his best fight and beat corrales, casamayor, paez, bazan, Julio Diaz...tough hombre

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          I was in college and, believe it or not, was actually a Floyd fan lol. I remember scoring it for Jose at the time and every other time I scored it, as well. Let's see how biased I am now lol.
          lol...you got a scorecard i got one round left to score

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
            He sure was and I don't think anyone could ever question Floyd's chin. The guy can take a hell of a shot.
            he took a lot of low blows on the cup and below the belt....smiled it off and touched gloves, i can only remember him complain 1 or 2 times

Comment

Finally lil floyd listens to uncle roger and sits down on his shots, great round and castillo is still churning

those combos and sharp counters saved the day for Mayweather in this round

scorecard 1: 105- 103 Mayweather

scorecard 2: 105-105 even

the more I see this fight the more I see Castillo being a hall of famer...this guy was the most skilled pressure fighter of the last 16 years easily...gave mayweather his best fight and beat corrales, casamayor, paez, bazan, Julio Diaz...tough hombre

omg...that last round doe....this will be the only even round on my cards

scorecard 1: 115-113 mayweather

scorecard 2: 115-115 even

Not controversial at all......not a robbery in any fighters favor...i may have had 4 swing rounds but what I see is everyone expect Mayweather to run at the end of the fight but when he planted his feet and stood his ground he got the better of it

Mayweather had the early half of 12 and Castillo had later

Comment

lol...you got a scorecard i got one round left to score
                1-0 Floyd, forgot how unbelievably fast this guy was.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
                  omg...that last round doe....this will be the only even round on my cards

scorecard 1: 115-113 mayweather

scorecard 2: 115-115 even

Not controversial at all......not a robbery in any fighters favor...i may have had 4 swing rounds but what I see is everyone expect Mayweather to run at the end of the fight but when he planted his feet and stood his ground he got the better of it

Mayweather had the early half of 12 and Castillo had later

man im gonna make another one of these threads soon

Comment

Interesting note, Floyd makes a comment about his left shoulder to his corner after round one. So, clearly it was an issue and not an excuse after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                      1-0 Floyd, forgot how unbelievably fast this guy was.
                      people think he was fast now...when he was at 140 and below, he was like greased lightning... alot of the inside shots are just barely missing him and to the uneducated eye Castillo is landing

man I should have made a thread like this a lot sooner...so much fun and actually very little trolling

Comment

Working...
                      X