Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Castillo appreciation thread: still a hot topic after 14 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather vs Castillo appreciation thread: still a hot topic after 14 years

Im going to score this fight round by round and we can discuss which rounds you gave to which fighter

I was a fan of both at the time, I was a little upset when Castillo beat my boy "lil but bad" but it illustrated he was an elite lightweight and would remain one if not the best of his era for the next 5-6 years

This fight is very close and my score card changes with each viewing

fights like this made me a die hard fan...two elite fighters, contrasting styles, in their prime and hard to score

this fight wasnt controversial and could have been a draw or 7-5 either way was a just scorecard

this fight showed the worth of both fighters and hopefully one day el Temible makes the hall of fame....looking back he was one the best lightweight of the 2000s easily

Round 1: 10-9 Mayweather

mayweather landed the crisper shots and his jab was sharp

Comment

Good post.

Round 2: Mayweather. Landed a few nice counter shots and was the busier fighter. Maybe a different poster can give there opinion for each round and see what the score totals In the end.

Comment

Robberies always are.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
          Good post.

Round 2: Mayweather. Landed a few nice counter shots and was the busier fighter. Maybe a different poster can give there opinion for each round and see what the score totals In the end.
          thats what I was hoping for...Im about to watch and score round 2 as we speak

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR KOVALEV! View Post
            Robberies always are.
            feel free to score the fight with us...all in the name of fun and the fight is exciting...I saw it live and thought it was a draw the first time

lets all compare scorecards in the end

Comment

Round 2: 10-9 mayweather

scorecard totals after 2 rounds :20-18 Mayweather

Comment

Round 3: 10-9 Mayweather

fight totals through 3 rounds: 30-27 Mayweather

thus far his defense, his jab to the body and defense is clearly winning him the rounds...not heated action but I can see Castillo warming to the task

He is so underrated skillwise and cuts off the ring so well and is actually trying to counter the counterpuncher

Comment

I thought rounds 3-4 were Castillo's, making the fight a draw on my card at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
                    I thought rounds 3-4 were Castillo's, making the fight a draw on my card at this point.
                    I can see Castillo getting 4, he was warming up but Mayweather landed the better punches imo and his jab was consistent...I gave PBF 3...ill be checking out round 4 soon...headed to lunch

Comment

Working...
                    X