Khan finally got his big fight. GGG is now the most delusional fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Hard what?
    my point is ggg keeps taking step aside money instead of making these guys fight. to be fair to ggg it could be that hes afraid they will just drop the belt and not fight but according to ggg he just wants the belts. I just wish team ggg would quit taking step aside money hes done it 3 or 4 times now between cotto and canelo and i just wish he would force their hand. to be fair hes made a good chunk of change but accepting step aside money instead of forcing a purse bid but at the same time i just dont think team ggg is doing themselves any favors because they are not getting the belts or the fights.

Hopefully next time team ggg keep their word no negotiations for extensions no step aside fees nothing im just hoping ggg keeps his word cause i think ggg canelo needs to get done so we can see ggg fight guys at 168 which i believe will give him a better challenge simply because of size.

I dont think ggg is ducking or something like this i just think it shows team ggg is not truthful when they pretend belts are all that matters i think it shows they use this as a way to control the narrative. when all is said and done team ggg care about money lets not be fooled hes no different then the rest we all know ggg didnt fight ward because he was scared of ward its because if ward beat ggg his future value would plummet. But team ggg used unifying at 160 and that ward is not popular even tho they would banked on the fight because of wards promoter. If that were true tho team ggg would not of taken step aside money 4 times now they would of forced the purse bid and got the title.
    Last edited by Cinci Champ; 02-05-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

One thing Khan did right is that he always kept his standards high and he kept knocking on the Doors of he biggest Draws in boxing until one of them finally let him in. ALSO he did not sit around waiting for Haymon to get things done FOR HIM, Khan, his Dad and Lawyer met with Pacquiao on their own and they likely met with Canelo Team on their own.

Yes ALL fighters have the Power to do this, Your Promoter and Adviser is suppose to be the ones WORKING FOR YOU and not you the fighter working for THEM. They can't make money without the fighters! Khan is doing that by basically saying "If I Don't Get What I Want I Just Won't Fight"

As for GGG, seems like he is more content with whatever HBO and Loeffler present to him. They put themselves in a awful negotiating position by just taking whatever fight is present, not only do you look desperate but you also water down your brand. Right now for GGG it should be Big Fights and BIG FIGHTS ONLY or else Don't Fight At All!

Fighters also have the Power to end this HBO vs PBC and not work working with Haymon fighters BS like Khan just did.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
        my point is ggg keeps taking step aside money instead of making these guys fight. to be fair to ggg it could be that hes afraid they will just drop the belt and not fight but according to ggg he just wants the belts. I just wish team ggg would quit taking step aside money hes done it 3 or 4 times now between cotto and canelo and i just wish he would force their hand. to be fair hes made a good chunk of change but accepting step aside money instead of forcing a purse bid but at the same time i just dont think team ggg is doing themselves any favors because they are not getting the belts or the fights.

Hopefully next time team ggg keep their word no negotiations for extensions no step aside fees nothing im just hoping ggg keeps his word cause i think ggg canelo needs to get done so we can see ggg fight guys at 168 which i believe will give him a better challenge simply because of size.

I dont think ggg is ducking or something like this i just think it shows team ggg is not truthful when they pretend belts are all that matters i think it shows they use this as a way to control the narrative. when all is said and done team ggg care about money lets not be fooled hes no different then the rest we all know ggg didnt fight ward because he was scared of ward its because if ward beat ggg his future value would plummet. But team ggg used unifying at 160 and that ward is not popular even tho they would banked on the fight because of wards promoter. If that were true tho team ggg would not of taken step aside money 4 times now they would of forced the purse bid and got the title.
        It wouldnt matter, because people like you would complain anyways. If he makes the step aside deal to ultimately try and get the fight, you complain. If he didnt make a deal, and forced a strippage, then you'd call him a paper champ who didnt win his title in the ring.

Bottom line is it doesnt matter what he does, haters gonna hate.......

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
          Well seeing that he isn't that would be you in minority. Majority of the world knows GGG is a better fighter. Garcia is a good fight however just outside my top ten, he needs a couple dominate performances to move up.
          you're a better fighter BASED OFF OF WHO YOU FIGHT.
          there is PLENTY of people who pass the EYE test but its against marginal comp and until you put them in there with folks who can do the same thang and bring other facets of abilities to the table then its water under the bridge so he is NOT the better fighter more so than garcia

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            All GGG has to do is say the word. Instead of Loeffler negotiating with Al for the Wade fight why not bring up Jacobs? Same manager. I'm sure something could be worked out.
            This would not be a unification as no sanctioning bodies consider the WBA regular title a legit title (unless it's a division with no Super champ). Golovkin is the WBA Super Champ.

Thus, fighting Jacobs still require GGG to vacate the IBF. Part of the attraction of the Canelo fight is that it's for the lineal and (almost) undisputed title (**** Billy Hoe Saunders turning down $3.2 million lol). Losing a belt means losing some bargaining power in the negotiations with Canelo.

Therefore, GGG is entitled, in my view, to honor mandatories necessary to defend his titles until September. If Canelo ducks, then fine screw the belts, either make the Jacobs fight or move up to 168, because the Jacobs fight is the only other fight besides the Canelo fight that means anything in the Middleweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by djt117 View Post
              This would not be a unification as no sanctioning bodies consider the WBA regular title a legit title (unless it's a division with no Super champ). Golovkin is the WBA Super Champ.

Thus, fighting Jacobs still require GGG to vacate the IBF. Part of the attraction of the Canelo fight is that it's for the lineal and (almost) undisputed title (**** Billy Hoe Saunders turning down $3.2 million lol). Losing a belt means losing some bargaining power in the negotiations with Canelo.

Therefore, GGG is entitled, in my view, to honor mandatories necessary to defend his titles until September. If Canelo ducks, then fine screw the belts, either make the Jacobs fight or move up to 168, because the Jacobs fight is the only other fight besides the Canelo fight that means anything in the Middleweight division.
              I think Saunders is better than Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
                you're a better fighter BASED OFF OF WHO YOU FIGHT.
                there is PLENTY of people who pass the EYE test but its against marginal comp and until you put them in there with folks who can do the same thang and bring other facets of abilities to the table then its water under the bridge so he is NOT the better fighter more so than garcia
                My point has nothing to do with eye test, GGG has dominated good fighters. Just because people don't want to acknowledge them isn't his problem. Garcia has struggled with guys on the level of Geale (Herrera) and arguably have lost to them.

Comment

My point has nothing to do with eye test, GGG has dominated good fighters. Just because people don't want to acknowledge them isn't his problem. Garcia has struggled with guys on the level of Geale (Herrera) and arguably have lost to them.
                  herrerra is UNDERRATED fighter he causes problems for EVERYBODY
                  i think herrerra is better than every fighter on golovkins resume

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
                    herrerra is UNDERRATED fighter he causes problems for EVERYBODY
                    i think herrerra is better than every fighter on golovkins resume
                    Of course you do, your arguing for Garcia. But in reality Herrera isn't better than everyone GGG has fought. He's a decent fighter but has a lot of flaws and isn't outstanding in any department. He's less accomplished than Geale and honestly comparing the two is doing Herrea a favor because Geale was a top 5 MW for years when the division was ripe with talent. He reigned #2 for two years straight and was unified champion.

Like I said Danny has struggled against guys GGG blown out the waters, that's why he isn't ranked by most in the top ten. Good fighter who's clearly starting to slip and he's only 28.

Comment

Of course you do, your arguing for Garcia. But in reality Herrera isn't better than everyone GGG has fought. He's a decent fighter but has a lot of flaws and isn't outstanding in any department. He's less accomplished than Geale and honestly comparing the two is doing Herrea a favor because Geale was a top 5 MW for years when the division was ripe with talent. He reigned #2 for two years straight and was unified champion.

Like I said Danny has struggled against guys GGG blown out the waters, that's why he isn't ranked by most in the top ten. Good fighter who's clearly starting to slip and he's only 28.
                      to be honest herrerra can claim to be undefeated and he's damn near the most ROBBED fighter in the sport if not THE most.
                      there isnt a "herrerra" on golovkins resume
                      and the middle weight division is NOT better than super lightweight division so its a harder path to the top

Comment

Working...
                      X