Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie roach explains what happened to manny pacquiao's ko power: "he didn't carry t

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !WAR KOVALEV! View Post
    Manny has had great success in the style he fights in, you a nerd thinking he needs to learn something HAHAHAHAHA
    every fighter has flaws

floyd is so used to depending on sharp reflexes that he often rolls a jab instead of parrying OR SLIPPING IT...which is why DLH,cOTTO and Maidana had success with it until started landing counters and body shots

no fighter is or was perfect not even Ray Robinson who most say is the GOAT

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR KOVALEV! View Post
      Manny has had great success in the style he fights in, you a nerd thinking he needs to learn something HAHAHAHAHA
      An 8 division world champion, one of the most loved fighters ever, one of the most exciting fighters ever (maybe even THE most exciting fighter ever) and this internet donkey is talking about how he needs to add to his game haha

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        freddie should have taught him how to cut off the ring then...Rios was a sitting duck....didnt drop him or anything

Manny has good power he was always accumlation type....personally I think his power was a little overrated after the way he ko'ed Hatton but if you look at WW now and then, he is still one of the hardest punchers in the divison...not Hearns or Trinidad level power but he is an elite power puncher at 147

i basically agree with most of this. he needed to deal out several rounds of punishment on big, durable WW to knock them out. that said, i agree with you when you say that he was the best puncher at WW during his tenure there. he should have a knockout over margarito at 150. he was able to hur thim tot he body and to the head, and he broke a bone in his face. margarito was worn, and never the fighter he was when he used to load his gloves, but he'sone of hte biggest, most durable WW i've ever seen. hurt mosley. hurt clottey. those are three, big, durable welterweights.

hearns' power carried all the way to LHW and CW. there's great footage of him knocking out a dude named james schuler at 160 lbs. trinidad was a knockout puncher at 160. ask joppy.

but those guys were big, strong WWs. hearns was absolutely enormous. he had almost a foot of reach on pacquiao, and was 6-8 inches taller. manny wasn't a WW period, nevermind a big one. he could have easily headed back to 140 lbs, but the money was at WW, the way it often is.

pacquiao also carries people. i htink thta's obvious at this point. whether its a decision, or a lack of killer insinct form being worn out, he no longer bangs his gloves together and gets that "who farted" look on his face when you hit him hard, and he doesn't finish guys when they are hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
          An 8 division world champion, one of the most loved fighters ever, one of the most exciting fighters ever (maybe even THE most exciting fighter ever) and this internet donkey is talking about how he needs to add to his game haha
          so learning how to cut off the ring and take away your opponents jab wouldnt have helped him vs Mayweather and Morales???...

only on planet *******iter

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            i basically agree with most of this. he needed to deal out several rounds of punishment on big, durable WW to knock them out. that said, i agree with you when you say that he was the best puncher at WW during his tenure there. he should have a knockout over margarito at 150. he was able to hur thim tot he body and to the head, and he broke a bone in his face. margarito was worn, and never the fighter he was when he used to load his gloves, but he'sone of hte biggest, most durable WW i've ever seen. hurt mosley. hurt clottey. those are three, big, durable welterweights.

hearns' power carried all the way to LHW and CW. there's great footage of him knocking out a dude named james schuler at 160 lbs. trinidad was a knockout puncher at 160. ask joppy.

but those guys were big, strong WWs. hearns was absolutely enormous. he had almost a foot of reach on pacquiao, and was 6-8 inches taller. manny wasn't a WW period, nevermind a big one. he could have easily headed back to 140 lbs, but the money was at WW, the way it often is.

pacquiao also carries people. i htink thta's obvious at this point. whether its a decision, or a lack of killer insinct form being worn out, he no longer bangs his gloves together and gets that "who farted" look on his face when you hit him hard, and he doesn't finish guys when they are hurt.
            a buzzsaw with no killer instinct is like having a sword with no blade...its not a sword at all

I dont think his killer instinct left....he just couldnt corner Mosley, Algieri, Bradley long enough to hurt them like he did fighters in the past

he always battered front foot heavy guys, he hardly has any ko's over box punchers outside of Cotto in recent memory

Comment

Manny is a short guy compared to a lot of other welterweights except for maybe Bradley & Porter to an extent. He doesn't have a big frame either. He looks he is built for speed which he is. He also happens to carry what might not be the biggest punch in welterweight but a big enough punch to hurt just about anyone with in that division should he land clean & often enough.

I think other fighters took notice that Pacquiao although short & smallish can still hurt you. So they decided to no longer go in there with the mind frame of thinking it's OK if I eat some of this smaller fighters punches so I can land one of my bigger ones since he probably can't hurt me anyway. I think this how most of his first couple of opponents thought when he hit 147 lb division until it clicked in that this small guy has enough power to stop me if I allow him the chance to land enough shots.

It's kind of similar to Stevenson at LHW. He's a lot shorter than most of his opponents aside from Cloud but they already know by now that he has a good left on him so they realize that just because they are bigger than him they can't afford to eat his shots as a way of not having to maintain as sharp of a defense in hopes of having a higher offensive output. Basically you have to be defensively more aware than previously thought.
              Last edited by Tails; 02-04-2016, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I don't even understand this talk of Manny lacking power, the guy dismantled Cotto, Oscars and Margys faces, all guys much bigger than him. He battered Bradley for 24 rounds and barely lost a round in the process (that's boxing for you idiots, winnings rounds AND hurting opponents). He also beat Clottey UP but Clottey is made of granite, not to mention the hell he gave to bigger guys in Rios and Algieri.

Also, let's not forget the one punch classic against Hatton.

Heck, every time Pacquiao was even landing single shots against Mayweather, lil Floyd was getting shook to the boots and off balance.

Comment

so learning how to cut off the ring and take away your opponents jab wouldnt have helped him vs Mayweather and Morales???...

You're not allowed to criticise Manny about anything. I remember when some posters here got mad because I said he sucked at basketball. ****ing weirdos.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                    You're not allowed to criticise Manny about anything. I remember when some posters here got mad because I said he sucked at basketball. ****ing weirdos.
                    he looked out of place but hey he was having fun...i see what you're saying....the truth hurts....adding skills only can help, unless you're i d!ck rider...no fighter is perfect

the closest to that was a prime Robinson and roy Jones....those dudes were so special...I get chills watching these guys

Comment

I'll give you cutting off the ring but Manny is very good at taking away jabs. Cotto, DLH are two prime examples. Floyd fight he obviously didn't, think they worked on countering his right, not jabs.

Comment

Working...
                      X