Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just exactly how dangerous is it to live in Argentina?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just exactly how dangerous is it to live in Argentina?

I don't trust South America tbh fam.

The hoods in the US aren't even this bad.

This looks like a prison.

Argentina is quite safe as far as Latin America goes. It is most crime ridden and violent in the poor ghettos full of migrants from places like Bolivia and Paraguay.

Comment

its safe, they just want to protect their shit.

My house I have 12 HD cameras placed watching my house and bars on my window cause I dont want to get home invaded.

Comment

Every country has it's dark side but check out this luxury hotel, I'll be heading there in June most probably:

Comment

You're thinking Velenzuela.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
            Every country has it's dark side but check out this luxury hotel, I'll be heading there in June most probably:

Just a heads up, it's winter in June there. Not sure if you're aware of that. The weather is **** and gloomy there. Now is the time to go.

Comment

you cant even tell if that place looks crappy from those pics lol

Comment

Many gated communities but definitely better off than the rest of central and south America. There's a reason Argentina is better off but dare I say it? Just put two and two together.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                  Just a heads up, it's winter in June there. Not sure if you're aware of that. The weather is **** and gloomy there. Now is the time to go.
                  Appreciate the heads up. Shame about the weather but it's for a possible short-term work project, 16 to 25 days out there and that's one of the hotels I could choose from out of a few suggestions. Not set in stone though, if I can get a different project arranged in a sunny country around the same time I might try do that instead.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                    I don't trust South America tbh fam.

The hoods in the US aren't even this bad.

This looks like a prison.

I think it's more dangerous than the US. I live in Argentina but I've been to NY and I've seen people leaving their cars in front of home all night. Here it's not so safe to do that. Still, it depends on the Province/City you're in.

There are some places where it's safe, and some places where it's not.

Robbers don't tend to kill you, but yes there are a lot of robbers that want your car, your cell phone, your money, etc. If you give it to them, it's all good. If you resist you might end up killed.

We are getting used to protect ourselves closing our houses all the time, not going out too much at night, etc.

The previous gob didn't do much for security. The former president even said once about the robbers something like "they took the wrong path" like they were good people that made mistakes. They didn't want to enforce the rules at all. Now we pay the consecuences. A new gob is now and they say they'll do something about it but I'm not sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X