Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just exactly how dangerous is it to live in Argentina?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by punchr View Post
    I don't trust South America tbh fam.

The hoods in the US aren't even this bad.

This looks like a prison.

Its use to be very dangerous because If you were in any way affiliated with the holohoax the Mossad terrorist forces would freely roam into this country completely ignoring all rules and regulation and kidnapp you from Argentina and give you a biased unfair trial based on lies/deceit you name it then you'd be hung until death to fabricate this little lie of theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      I think for guys like us coming from North America, where people are murdered indiscriminately, places in Europe and wealthy places in South America are relatively safe in comparison. The only difference I notice is the amount of petty crime in places like Barcelona, Paris, Athens, Santiago, etc. there are a lot of swindlers in those places but they're not violent. I think most of us are up on our toes and alert when we travel, so we'd never be victimized in those places but it happens to many. I much prefer that "danger," to the type we face here.
      I'll just tell you this.
      I've been mugged once in my life. Downtown Houston, in broad daylight. Dude pulled out a knife and asked for my wallet.

Yet I've been through many places around the world including the so called dangerous 3rd world countries and never been mugged. Have had a lot of people beg for money and in Thailand once had a group of ****ing kids follow me begging for money, but never been mugged.

Comment

Just a heads up, it's winter in June there. Not sure if you're aware of that. The weather is **** and gloomy there. Now is the time to go.
        Is that in South America?

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
          Is that in South America?
          Yes, technically from Central America down to South America, they consider our summer months, winter. In Panama and Costa Rica, August would be very rainy, not a lot of sun, but still hot. The further south you go, the worse and colder it gets. Places like Cartagena colombia is tropical so while it wouldn't get cold, it would rain more than usual. Bogota Colombia would be a bit cooler in June and very rainy. But once you get down to Argentina and Chile, it's downright cold in June, July, etc. the best time to visit that region is right now.

Comment

Given up on life? Want a quick way out? Then visit Argentina, a hell on earth.

Comment

I think for guys like us coming from North America, where people are murdered indiscriminately, places in Europe and wealthy places in South America are relatively safe in comparison. The only difference I notice is the amount of petty crime in places like Barcelona, Paris, Athens, Santiago, etc. there are a lot of swindlers in those places but they're not violent. I think most of us are up on our toes and alert when we travel, so we'd never be victimized in those places but it happens to many. I much prefer that "danger," to the type we face here.
              Sorry but this is just not true at all.

I am a great source for stuff like this because I was born in the USA but I did half my childhood in South America and I lived in Europe for 3 years after turning 18.

The USA is much safer in comparison to most other nations be it first, or third world countries, for different reasons all of which would derail this thread. There is crime in the USA, but there isn't genocide, or mass murders on a high scale. People are definitely not "mudered indiscriminately" here, that's a pretty awful and inaccurate picture to paint for someone that's never been here.

There are instances where violence above the normal petty crime takes place, but stuff like Columbine, a dark knight movie attack, petty wannabe terrorist attempts, the botson bombing, that stuff, while the media makes a huge deal out of it, is pretty insignificant to what goes on in other places, so spare me the sob story.

Generally here in the USA, even in the most impoverished places, you won't find much more than theft/robberies, rape, gang violence, vagrancies, and the random stabbing and shooting of drunk people or typical low life beef.

That's a far, far cry from what you may find in poor areas of both latin america and europe, I know because on all 3 continents I lived in the ghetto. I didn't know what it was like to be in suburbia or safer parts of larger cities until I returned to the USA and joined the army.

You can get shot anywhere, and stabbed anywhere, but in the USA in the worst parts, you really won't get savaged like you could in latin america. The only time I have seen violence on the level of foreign nations in the USA was Hurrican Katrina, and again, look at the context and realize that's not "the norm" in the USA, it's an outlier.

And if you ever hear about racial persecution in the USA it's largely exxagerated, here in the USA it's trendy to be a victim. There are racial tensions of varying levels anywhere you go, and I have experieced racism first hand as a hispanic male in the USA, but there is a big difference between racial slurs and denying someone a job position, or some kind of attention because of racism, and getting jumped by skinheads with 4x4's and knives like I did in Madrid.

Not that I am proud of it, but on all 3 continents because I was both living in poor neighborhoods but also because of the nature of my family, I was involved in gangs and cliques whereever I was while growing up, so I know pretty well what lines get crossed and where, and what turf wars mean, or what a hit means in a place like the USA, and what stuff like that means elsewhere. Not only that but here in the USA the fear of getting kidnapped and tortured and killed is extremely low, especially if you are a normal law abiding citiizen. There are places in latin america where you are as good as dead if you come up missing; you will either not be searched for, or you won't be found, or they get paid off. Not only is crime and violence on another level in latin america and europe, but the corruption is as well. There just really isn't any comparison.

Sorry for the rant, but this guy was painting a picture pretty much the polar opposite of how it actually is, and it does people ignorant to the differences in culture no justice to be lied to.
              Last edited by LoadedWraps; 02-04-2016, 04:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                Sorry but this is just not true at all.

I am a great source for stuff like this because I was born in the USA but I did half my childhood in South America and I lived in Europe for 3 years after turning 18.

The USA is much safer in comparison to most other nations be it first, or third world countries, for different reasons all of which would derail this thread. There is crime in the USA, but there isn't genocide, or mass murders on a high scale. People are definitely not "mudered indiscriminately" here, that's a pretty awful and inaccurate picture to paint for someone that's never been here.

There are instances where violence above the normal petty crime takes place, but stuff like Columbine, a dark knight movie attack, petty wannabe terrorist attempts, the botson bombing, that stuff, while the media makes a huge deal out of it, is pretty insignificant to what goes on in other places, so spare me the sob story.

Generally here in the USA, even in the most impoverished places, you won't find much more than theft/robberies, rape, gang violence, vagrancies, and the random stabbing and shooting of drunk people or typical low life beef.

That's a far, far cry from what you may find in poor areas of both latin america and europe, I know because on all 3 continents I lived in the ghetto. I didn't know what it was like to be in suburbia or safer parts of larger cities until I returned to the USA and joined the army.

You can get shot anywhere, and stabbed anywhere, but in the USA in the worst parts, you really won't get savaged like you could in latin america. The only time I have seen violence on the level of foreign nations in the USA was Hurrican Katrina, and again, look at the context and realize that's not "the norm" in the USA, it's an outlier.

And if you ever hear about racial persecution in the USA it's largely exxagerated, here in the USA it's trendy to be a victim. There are racial tensions of varying levels anywhere you go, and I have experieced racism first hand as a hispanic male in the USA, but there is a big difference between racial slurs and denying someone a job position, or some kind of attention because of racism, and getting jumped by skinheads with 4x4's and knives like I did in Madrid.

Not that I am proud of it, but on all 3 continents because I was both living in poor neighborhoods but also because of the nature of my family, I was involved in gangs and cliques whereever I was while growing up, so I know pretty well what lines get crossed and where, and what turf wars mean, or what a hit means in a place like the USA, and what stuff like that means elsewhere. Not only that but here in the USA the fear of getting kidnapped and tortured and killed is extremely low, especially if you are a normal law abiding citiizen. There are places in latin america where you are as good as dead if you come up missing; you will either not be searched for, or you won't be found, or they get paid off. Not only is crime and violence on another level in latin america and europe, but the corruption is as well. There just really isn't any comparison.

Sorry for the rant, but this guy was painting a picture pretty much the polar opposite of how it actually is, and it does people ignorant to the differences in culture no justice to be lied to.
                I was referring to tourist places in those areas. I clearly named major cities and said affluent areas. Learn to read before you go on a rant about something I didn't even say. I'm well aware how dangerous south and Central America is.

Comment

I was referring to tourist places in those areas. I clearly named major cities and said affluent areas. Learn to read before you go on a rant about something I didn't even say. I'm well aware how dangerous south and Central America is.
                  I was responding to the post I quoted, as it was written. If you said something more comprehensive before that, I either didn't notice, or I agreed and moved on. My points are still valid if we take your post for face value, and if you elaborate elsewhere then we probalby agree so I don't see a problem here.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    I was responding to the post I quoted, as it was written. If you said something more comprehensive before that, I either didn't notice, or I agreed and moved on. My points are still valid if we take your post for face value, and if you elaborate elsewhere then we probalby agree so I don't see a problem here.
                    That's the post you quoted. Can't get any clearer than that. Your post is invalid in regards to what I wrote. Every idiot in the world knows central and South America is dangerous but not all parts. I was speaking very specifically. Somehow you twisted that and went on a pointless rant.

Comment

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iudb0amH0sY

Comment

Working...
                      X