No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Justifying Amir Khan's 8-Pound, $8,000,000 Gamble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Justifying Amir Khan's 8-Pound, $8,000,000 Gamble

When news of Saul Alvarez (46-1-1, 32 stoppages) versus Amir Khan (31-3, 19 early) came through the first thing many will have thought was probably 'Wow, just wow - this must be how Doctor Manhattan felt when he discovered what Adrian Veidt had been up to.' It came from left field and out of the blue in an age of information oversaturation.

[Click Here To Read More]

Agreed, it was a very well kept secret, just goes to show it can still happen. In terms of the money, that translates to around £4 million, wouldn't he have gotten more versus Brook? Or does Khan get a percentage of PPV revenue and the UK rights?

Comment

What I find difficult to understand is why Khan is taking this fight with little chance of winning when he would have been even money or more fighting Brook for at least double the money in front of 80,000 Wembley fans that he said was his dream, PPV for the main welter strap and the bragging rights to the manor? Khan has always had a problem being called chinny since the 54 second mauling at the hands of Prescott but then got through some terrible moments against Maidana (where a lot of referees would have stopped it) to come out with a points victory.Then came the knockout at the hands of Garcia where many thought it was over.It must have been at best confusing for Amir but then he lied , trying to imply that he had sparred many rounds with his super middle stable mate Andre Ward and taken his best punchers.If Amir is going in to prove he can dig and take here this is going to be a matter of minutes.As i've said from the start many think it's a cop out by Canelo and it simply shouldn't be happening, it is ! everyone's surprised and I'm hopeful this is not the time for Khan to prove how macho he is....again until we get to the bottom of it ,which we may never do .....good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
        What I find difficult to understand is why Khan is taking this fight with little chance of winning when he would have been even money or more fighting Brook for at least double the money in front of 80,000 Wembley fans that he said was his dream, PPV for the main welter strap and the bragging rights to the manor? Khan has always had a problem being called chinny since the 54 second mauling at the hands of Prescott but then got through some terrible moments against Maidana (where a lot of referees would have stopped it) to come out with a points victory.Then came the knockout at the hands of Garcia where many thought it was over.It must have been at best confusing for Amir but then he lied , trying to imply that he had sparred many rounds with his super middle stable mate Andre Ward and taken his best punchers.If Amir is going in to prove he can dig and take here this is going to be a matter of minutes.As i've said from the start many think it's a cop out by Canelo and it simply shouldn't be happening, it is ! everyone's surprised and I'm hopeful this is not the time for Khan to prove how macho he is....again until we get to the bottom of it ,which we may never do .....good luck.
        Amir has never feared anyone... I have watched him since 2004.

However much that he is stupid, he has always wanted the big names from when Caasmayor and Juan Diaz when he was young.

Him chasing Pac and May was real. He wanted them.

It's all about testing yourself, but also getting exposure. He wants to be a marketing supremo.

Comment

I think Khan is basically saying to Brook, "look at the a$$-whoopings I had to take to get to where I'm at, and you want me to just hand you some fame off my name?" Who did Brook beat to get a shot at Porter, and who has he beaten since the Porter fight?

Comment

He would have probably earnt more with a 50/50 share in a brook fight than he would in a canelo fight

He would have had a shot at beating brook too if he boxed smart .

In a canelo fight Khan doesn't stand a chance . He's going to be man handled and then knocked out nasty

Khan is clearly cashing out . Gonna get levelled by canelo then head back to ww and call out the top guys there for one last pay day .

B**ch move from canelo but I can't hate on Khan for taking the fight

Will be fully behind Khan for a upset but I'm fully expecting a massacre

Comment

$8 million, dayuuumm, that's actually worth the beat down.

Comment

I think the let down of the mayweather and pacquiao fights got to him. And he wanted a super fight by any means necessary.

Plus even if he gets put to sleep by Canelo the brook fight will still be there. a loss to brook would be far more devastating to khan than canelo. it's not like brook is getting any better with the level of competition he has been facing.

Comment

Sorry I stand corrected.
                  Last edited by torosboxing75; 02-04-2016, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Canelo vs Josesito Lopez part II will be next.

What a joke of a fight. CaneLOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X