Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Drained Canelo Down To 152! Khan's Fighting The Real Canelo, Not Drained..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    That's why almost all posters ignore him.
    ya I notice that lol ill be doing the same

Comment

You should try it. Canelo weighs in at 155 but the next day's he's 170+.
      He walks around about 199-200 when not training.
      He is only able to do that because he is young. At 155 he is shredded without an ounce of fat on his body.
      At 152 he Looked like walking dead.

2-3 pounds is a whole lot amount when your already ripped at 154-155. Where does the weight come off from? It's not fat. It's not water. It's muscle break down. Not eating.

Tell me how effective is your training when your straving yourself. Not very. Meanwhile Floyd was eating whatever he wants. That's means a lot more energy for training. Thus in better condition fight night.
      I have tried it before and it sucks! That being said, if you're right, then Canelo got what he deserved for feasting significantly smaller opponents on a consistent basis. See the recent news about Canelo's fight with Khan for a prime example..... Mayweather might be an a**hole but at least he's fighting people his own size!

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
        I have tried it before and it sucks! That being said, if you're right, then Canelo got what he deserved for feasting significantly smaller opponents on a consistent basis. See the recent news about Canelo's fight with Khan for a prime example..... Mayweather might be an a**hole but at least he's fighting people his own size!
        No, people much bigger than him in almost all his fights. Canelo was much bigger than him in their fight.

I was a Canelo fan until the Khan thing, but he's officially a ***** now. No slight on Khan. It's just a matter of two opportunistic *******s meeting each other at the right juncture of their careers.
        Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 02-04-2016, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
          I have a hard time believing a person that campaigns at 155lbs on a regular basis would be severely drained by weighing in 2lbs below the normal 154lbs limit. I'm not saying Canelo was at his very best, but I doubt it was as big of an issue as some people made it out to be.
          2lbs can make a massive difference, most boxers will tell you that when they're trying to make weight, it's the last few pounds which is always the problem.

Here's a classic example, Pacquiao fought De La Hoya and Cotto at 145 catchweight. They are the only 2 fighters that Pacquiao has stopped in a "welterweight" fight. No coincidence in my opinion, it was the extra 2 pounds they had to lose which weakened them enough to pave the way for those stoppages.

Comment

Makes no sense given Canelo rehydrated and was 15 pounds heavier then Floyd on fight night, and still got schooled.

Comment

If you gone hate on Floyd for doing catch weights then it should be fair to hate on every other fighter that's done it. Floyd wasn't the only one to do it, so I never knew what was ever the big deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                2lbs can make a massive difference, most boxers will tell you that when they're trying to make weight, it's the last few pounds which is always the problem.

Here's a classic example, Pacquiao fought De La Hoya and Cotto at 145 catchweight. They are the only 2 fighters that Pacquiao has stopped in a "welterweight" fight. No coincidence in my opinion, it was the extra 2 pounds they had to lose which weakened them enough to pave the way for those stoppages.
                No matter how this fight works in your Khan twisted mind, but this is a mismatch. Leave Floyd out of it.

Where's the ****ing Mexican pride Canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post

was Delahoya vs Pac really at a catch weight of 145?

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                    What factor did the 2lbs play in the fight? Was it stamina? Canelo has stamina problems at 154 and 155. Was it power? Canelo couldn't put Trout & Lara out at 154 and couldn't put Cotto down at 155. So what did Canelo lose by dropping those two lbs? Before the fight Oscar told us 152 is a great weight for Canelo. He would be lighter on his feet.
                    oscar says a lot of stuff, he just said canelo is taking the hard road by fighting khan and doesnt do warmups

current diva canelo would beat young drained canelo, that much is for certain

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      What are you talking about?! That's a pretty strange thing to make up, cause you've never heard that anywhere, so you've obviously just made that up yourself for whatever odd reason.

How you thought that was true is beyond me, especially as Duran weighed in just over 145. That sounds like a weird thing made up completely on the spot to try and justify Floyds catchweights as normal, when they aren't.

Leonard fought anywhere from 144-147 on a regular basis. The year before he'd weighed in at 144 against Viruet, 146 against Benitez, 145 against Duran, 146 in the rematch, and then 145 again for his next fight against Bonds, then 146 against Hearns.

There was never any catchweight and Duran certainly didn't ask for one.

What made you say that, just out of curiosity? Was it simply to make it look like a normal thing in boxing? To justify Floyds (or Pacs multiple catchweights) catchweights by pretending other greats did it too? The only problem with that is it never happened.

Nonetheless, I do agree that it's getting overblown and made no difference. Even worse is that this is all coming from Pac fans, which is absurdly hypocritical considering the catch weights that Pac has used in fights.
                      Great catch. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X