Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo Gained or lost respect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't lose respect. I had no respect for him in the first place.

Comment

The fact that Canelo will get in the ring weighing 170lbs plus against a natural welterweight is terrible. Absolutely terrible. I understand it's a money fight but cot damn...Amir Khan? I do NOT expect Canelo to fight GGG. I'd be shocked if that fight happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heffner View Post
        The fact that Canelo will get in the ring weighing 170lbs plus against a natural welterweight is terrible. Absolutely terrible. I understand it's a money fight but cot damn...Amir Khan? I do NOT expect Canelo to fight GGG. I'd be shocked if that fight happens.
        No way in hell that fight ever happens. Today is the final proof that Alvarez has no intention of actually preparing to fight a legit bad dude at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Neither.

He's got wins over Trout, Lara, Cotto, Angulo and Kirkland and also fought Mayweather.

Sure, this is a cakewalk, but one fight isn't going to diminish the rest.
          Regardless of the outcome if the fight happens, his decision on the Golovkin fight will define Canelo for a lot of people.

Comment

The MW champ, who won't fight MW's, cant make Jr MW, fighting a WW.
            I just can't get too excited about it.

Comment

It wasn't going to be a serious threat regardless. At least with Khan it'll be interesting. Or funny. Maybe gruesome.

Comment

This one is a push to me. Way out of left field, but acceptable. Perhaps because standards have become Salka levels of low as others have mentioned. Khan tried to back/talk his way into a big fight for the last few years, now he is daring to be great. Things the true stars before him did.

Comment

Canelo wasn't going to fight anyone that was a true threat, so Khan fits that bill.

I have never had a problem with watching Khan getting roughed up, it should be fun for a non-threatening fight they really couldn't do better.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    Canelo wasn't going to fight anyone that was a true threat, so Khan fits that bill.

I have never had a problem with watching Khan getting roughed up, it should be fun for a non-threatening fight they really couldn't do better.
                    Pretty much. Looking forward to the knockdowns.

Comment

Obviously lost. Remember when someone said something about Canelo fighting Rosado and people were ripping it apart? Yeah Rosado is 10x the fight this is. Most people weren't exactly holding out for him to take on a killer before GGG, but they wanted a legit 160lber at or at least near 160. Canelo went the exact opposite direction.

This isn't embarrassing as a Canelo fan, this is downright embarrassing as a fan of the sport of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X