No announcement yet.

Official Canelo vs. Khan Master Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
    I'm not talking about the weigh, but the level of opponents going into the MW fight.

Cotto was on a 2 fight losing streak, and just beaten Delvin Rodriguez. That makes it much worse than this fight.
    That is in your opinion. Did Cotto deserve a fight for the WBC mw title? No. You're just trying to justify canelo's weak as title defense right now. At least Cotto fought a REAL MW, not bring up a GLASS CHINNED welterweight.

Comment

• Who saw this coming?!

I love it! Khan finally gets his big money fight on the big stage and will be KO'd for his efforts.

This is cash grab, no doubt, and any fan who doesn't understand how economics made this fight happen is a fool. **** GGG! He can wait. While Saul has been taking on legit competitors (Lara, Trout, Kirkland, Cotto) Gennady has been fighting cans.

Canelo has earned the right to chase the money for a fight or 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        stop trying to fix **** cuz that's the not the weight that you stated. So please cut the crap. The limit for that fight was 159 lbs. & Even with that he has fought LOWER. When that fight was being made I wasn't really posting in here... I started posting AFTER the fight was made. So nice try.
        I'm not trying to fix shit. I knew Cotto fought just above the Jr MW limit.

Besides the WEIGHT is not my goddamn argument. It's the fact that Cotto **** riders like you are bitching and crying about this fight, yet defended Cotto/Martinez when Cotto was on a 2 fight losing streak, beat Rodriguez and never had a fight at MW fighting for the championship. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Comment

• I really don't get the outrage. Its a tune-up fight. As long as he fights GGG in Sept, all us forgiven. Canelo is a star. He can't do like GGG and fight the 498th middleweight as a tune-up. A lotta money is invested every time Canelo fights. So there's pressure to draw that GGG, or most other fighters don't have. Khan is a name, that will boost sales. So everybody calm down. As long as GGG agrees to 155, we still have the big fight in Sept. All is forgiven.

Comment

• Facts:

1. Khan has balls of steels...
            2. Canelo is an embarrassment at every angles...
            3. Khan will get hurt, badly...
            4. PBC is coming to an end...

Comment

• is the WBC gonna sanction this fight? This is a gross mismatch in size. Khan hasn't fought above 147 and he's going to fight for the MW title of the world.

And anyone with that Canelo is the true MW champ can kick rocks. This is embrassing and what I'd Khna wins, we'll have a guy as the MW champ smaller than Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
                i see your ass is still sore from the ass whooping canelo gave cotto lol. poor puto rican lol.
                What??? An ass whooping??? If it was so bad why did all the Mexicans calling the fight think Canelo lost??? Lol that wasn't no damn ass whopping, I think he Canelo won but that's it. And let me u hear u defend this match up??? Canelo is a big boy and he's fighting a guy Danny knocked the hell out.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  That is in your opinion. Did Cotto deserve a fight for the WBC mw title? No. You're just trying to justify canelo's weak as title defense right now. At least Cotto fought a REAL MW, not bring up a GLASS CHINNED welterweight.
                  That's not an opinion, that's a FACT. Cotto DID have a 2 fight losing streak and had just beaten Delvin Rodriguez. Tell me how you justify that fight vs this one and I'll leave this website.

No, he drained Martinez to come down, made sure his knees were shot and Roach made sure Martinez wouldn't wear a leg brace.

Not to mention he deserved the shot as much as Khan does right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    I really don't get the outrage. Its a tune-up fight. As long as he fights GGG in Sept, all us forgiven. Canelo is a star. He can't do like GGG and fight the 498th middleweight as a tune-up. A lotta money is invested every time Canelo fights. So there's pressure to draw that GGG, or most other fighters don't have. Khan is a name, that will boost sales. So everybody calm down. As long as GGG agrees to 155, we still have the big fight in Sept. All is forgiven.
                    Lmfao it's so simple isn't it. Just let Canelo have his way in everything and all is well with the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                      I'm not trying to fix shit. I knew Cotto fought just above the Jr MW limit.

Besides the WEIGHT is not my goddamn argument. It's the fact that Cotto **** riders like you are bitching and crying about this fight, yet defended Cotto/Martinez when Cotto was on a 2 fight losing streak, beat Rodriguez and never had a fight at MW fighting for the championship. Hypocrisy at it's finest.
                      Again, I wasn't posting around here to "defend" that fight. & i'm no rider of anybody. I'm a boxing fan 1st & foremost. Plus, I already answered you on that situation on how I felt about Cotto getting the fight.

ITS A SHIT FIGHT! Khan, a welterweight, is moving up TWO weight classes. Canelo isn't even fighting a REAL MW... but keep ignoring that **** to suite your biased point of views.

Also, if you knew, the rodriguez fight was a set up for the martinez fight... that was talked about when Cotto signed up with RocNation. In order for Cotto to get the martinez fight, he had to fight rodriguez. & guess what network it was!!??? HBO!

Comment

Working...
                      X