No announcement yet.

Official Canelo vs. Khan Master Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
    I'm not an NSB poster, so i'm not gonna get into none of this but that is disrespectful, to the man who just KO'd you to hell and if they thought it ws such a travesty in the first place Khan shouldn't have taken taht fight.

But like I've said, I've been on this forum for FAR too long to get into one of these fights. BTW it's really easy to get a around the fucking filter.

Props for seeing another of us from way back in the day though. Props mane.
    It was just a money grab for Khan, I cant blame him but what they said was the truth. You cant argue with the truth, it just is.

Im not saying Khan wasnt in it to win it but he knew the odds like we did. They can say what ever they whant imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      i think this is what would happen if Khan fought Brook too.

Brook is powerful and accurate and also very big for 147, especially on fight night.
      Agreed, Brook also faster and more accurate in a straight 1,2 combo than Canelo too, would have a one way ticket to Khan's chin

Comment

• The hit and run style doesn't work for 12 rounds.

As soon as Canelo adjusted in round 3, the fight changed. Khan's output dropped, he was getting hit with leads and counters to the body and that opened up the head; he got wobbled in the 4th, cut in the 5th and utterly decimated in the 6th.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
          Max Kellerman is terrible. HBO has GGG one of their network fighters in the ring and you can even interview him in the ring with Canelo?? It's like they avoid the pink elephant in the ring. Let GGG talk to Canelo and put him on the spot but HBO wants continue with the PPV mismatches.

GGG destroys Canelo if they fought. I want to try to go to the body with conviction on GGG easy to look good against a blown up chinny Khan.
          And say what, talk about how he has to respect boxing and fight with non catchweight? Then let Ward come in the ring and get interviewed too, he was in the arena, he is an HBO fighter, let him be like "WTF is your corny ass talking about, you wanted me at 164lbs,that's a catchweight"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
            It will be a different fight obviously but what im saying is if golovkin lands the clean shots Khan (a welterweight) landed early in this fight its going to be a whole different fight. Im not saying Golovkin will KO canelo with one shot but i am saying he will get his ass kicked. canelo has never fought anyone who is actually his same size. He can beat alot of the guys his size but Golovkin isnt one of them. He will tote an ass whooping lemule style they ever get in the ring. Id favor Lemule actually if they ever fought just because Lemule has actually fought MWs.
            I don't know why people keep bringing up the stupid speed thing with a Golovkin fight.

Not only will Golovkin be the stronger, bigger fighter, but he is also the better boxer with amateur credentials and vastly better fundamentals. He is going to be getting his licks in regardless of any speed nonsense.
            Thats what Khan used to land on Canelo.

Golovkin has the advantages of power, size and technique on his side.
            Canelo is not used to opponents having those over him because his balls are inside his body.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              What are those stripes running along Canelo's calves?
              The tape is called Kinesio tape. Many athletes believe it has medical benefits.

The tape was invented by Japanese chiropractor Kenzo Kase in the 1970s. The U.K. web site for Kinesio tape claims it can alleviate pain, reduce inflammation, relax muscles, enhance performance, and help with rehabilitation as well as supporting muscles during a sporting event.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                It was just a money grab for Khan, I cant blame him but what they said was the truth. You cant argue with the truth, it just is.

Im not saying Khan wasnt in it to win it but he knew the odds like we did. They can say what ever they whant imo.
                Fair enough, and he didn't Victor Ortiz his way outta of it either. He legit took the hard KO like a man. I do think that what he said is merited, as a Nelo fan I agree/want him to face GGG regardless of the outcome but I just don't really think upstaging him like that was a classy thing to do, but you know tensions running high and all that it's a little more understandable.

Comment

• I felt Khan boxed very well and if he continues to box in a more intelligent manner like he did tonight he'll be very hard to beat especially at WW. He looked much better defensively than he has done, he was actually moving his head for once.
                  Virgil has done a good job.
                  Lets also not forget that was his first fight in almost a year lay off.

I think the fight started to swing in round 4 I believe when Canelo landed a swooping right hand to the ribs after that Khan seemed to move more, was very weary and his work wasn't as crisp. Kinda went into survival mode for me. I believe that shot instantly left a nasty welt.

Khan deserves respect he went out and boxed well and gave a mighty effort. As bad as his chin is that same shot would of knocked out a horse.
                  In a time where vast majority of boxers won't fight each other the kid dared to be great. I don't like him as a person but he deserves props.

All these gay ass vids of snot coming out of his nose when the shot landed & stuff can do one too. 'He knocked the snot out of him' lulz, not cool man.
                  Its never nice when a fighter goes out like that, glad he is okay and hope to see him fight Brook in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
                    Fair enough, and he didn't Victor Ortiz his way outta of it either. He legit took the hard KO like a man. I do think that what he said is merited, as a Nelo fan I agree/want him to face GGG regardless of the outcome but I just don't really think upstaging him like that was a classy thing to do, but you know tensions running high and all that it's a little more understandable.

I never thought anything of Khan until he took this fight, money or not he went balls out. I respect him because he came to win he just got caught. I have serious problems with canelo and I use to like him until this whole 155 cw ****.

Comment

• Khan and Hunter were salty as hell. Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X