Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Trainer: Prime Roy Jones, Toney Would School Golovkin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
    Kovalev would have beat Hopkins what ever age he was that's my point
    That's debateable. Considering Hopkins was at his best as a middleweight and Kovalev at light heavy. There's a good chance he wpuld beat him at any age. Even though I think he'd have a much tougher time with the Hopkins that fought Tarver than the one he fought.

As for your triangle theory, its a reach, and that's puttinf it mildly. Triangle theories are pretty meaningless in boxing. Being a supposed former fighter and long-time fight fan, I'd figured you'd know that. Yours is even more ridiculous considering you're using a sparring session. Rumor has it, Paul Spadafora got the best of Floyd in a sparring session. How you think that would turn out in a real fight? And if Kovalev is so easy for GGG, why not move up to light heavy and fight him?

BTW, the middleweight Hopkins would have raped GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryggg View Post
      GGG brutally stops Roy in 3 rounds and beats Toney senseless over 9 rounds before sending his fat ass through the canvas
      GGG stops Roy within 3 rounds??? You mean right now? Like in 2016?

Comment

• Originally posted by carloscruz10009 View Post
        GGG stops Roy within 3 rounds??? You mean right now? Like in 2016?
        GGG stops Joe Louis, Ali, and Ray Robinson within six in a handicap match.

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
          I agree with this but the rest of your posts have been pretty bad even by good boy nation standards.

Golovkin is yet to face anything close to the stratosphere of a Toney or Jones, you saying he would stop Toney in 10 is simply laughable. That man Toney has been all the way up to HEAVYWEIGHT and still never been knocked out, he probably has one of the top 5 chins of all time. It took GGG eleven rounds to stop Murray, and I honestly can't see him landing as much as he did against Toney so how would the knockout happen???

In the end I don't think Toney would "school" him but its logical to favour him over Golovkin till he fights better comp and I don't think Canelo would cut it atall. He's like 5'8.... any top class middleweight should easily beat him in my opniion.

As for Jones? again he is to be favoured also, he probably even hit harder than GGG at MW. He had probably all the advantages in that fight except maybe chin but even then he was never hurt at MW. You ridicule Jones MW run but even that pisses all over Golovkin's resume. I would bet that its a competitive fight in spots but I wouldn't argue with anyone that thought MW Roy was all wrong for GGG.
          Look I never said it would be easy for golovkin but I also don't think the Jones or the toneys would school golovkin ..that's just blind predudice talking ...and we can say what ever we want and until the day golovkin gets tested let alone beaten who are they to say he gets schooled......the point I made about Jones is this.....first I want to say he was an extraordinary talent in the ring but his reign at middlweight was also knocked because it lacked P4P fighters at the time both Hopkins and toney were also unproven....it's no difference if golovkin destroys canelo and yet after canelo beats everybody he faces at jnr Middle weight and makes himself an ATG ..Jones beat toney and Hopkins and in my opinion was a a lot better than those two...Hopkins hardly won a round in there first encounter and toney probably win about 3 rounds.....you can't knock triple GGG untill he gets beat and if he has beaten everybody they put in front then respect is due...it's that simple....I'm saying he beats everybody but when people say he can't carry there jockstraps that's just ignorance and pure resentment.....the man has hardly lost a round yet lol

Comment

• Originally posted by larryggg View Post
            GGG brutally stops Roy in 3 rounds and beats Toney senseless over 9 rounds before sending his fat ass through the canvas
            Now your being funny Larry!!!

Comment

Until golovkin gets beaten or even gets tested then we can he wasn't ...but until a fighter comes along that can actually test him let alone beat him then he deserves my respect and he will keep continuing getting my respect....I respect all fighters who have great abilty in the ring whether iits Crawford, wilder or kovalev....triple GGG has simply walked through every fighter that has the courage to step in the ring with him and it's not golovkins fault that he is being avoided...listen I will give you one thing...Roy Jones ..James toney,Hopkins,MCCallum ,Benn all would have least faced and not been affraid of him that's for sure and that's ahalf the battle.....the canelo,saunders,quiilins of this world are scared ****less of him
              ...so you assumed that I dont because Im not big on GGG...Im not from Missouri but a fighter has to show me how good they are by beating good or great opposition...he hasnt beat the competition that Jones or Toney did to pr0ove themselves

because I point out his resume is crap besides proven fighters of the past that makes me a racist?...he hasnt been in the ring with anyone near the talent or success of Jones and Toney.

Look at all the inside skill of this fight...I dont think GGG can handle either guy(McCallum)...especially the way Monroe who isnt even ranked with just decent speed touched him up....Toney eats up come forward types, just like Jones does and GGG isnt that hard to hit. I doubt GGG could beat McCallum at 160...(McCallum was dropped once, never stopped and fought good to great punchers like Julian Jackson, Jones, Toney)

look at these guys on the inside and mid range where GGG specializes...as soon as he would miss he would pay

Thank you for pointing out he hasnt faced anyone of their calibre or near it

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                GGG stops Joe Louis, Ali, and Ray Robinson within six in a handicap match.
                154-168 tho?

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  Using two fighters that have never been stopped as an example is not intelligent at all.
                  Saying that Roy Jones was a massive puncher is vastly over exaggerated ...yes he could bang but he wasn't a knock out artis.....and people he did knock out were almost on the same level as the fighters that golovkin has been facing so again it's double standards....I will say to you as golovkin beats everybody he faces at middlweight....even at supermiddlweight he beats them all and if the likes of canelo, Saunders,quillin,Lara who ever have the nerve to face he will also beat them...if it was the haglers,Jones,hearns,leonard,toneyys or Hopkins of this world then they would be tough fights to call

Comment

Look I never said it would be easy for golovkin but I also don't think the Jones or the toneys would school golovkin ..that's just blind predudice talking ...and we can say what ever we want and until the day golovkin gets tested let alone beaten who are they to say he gets schooled......the point I made about Jones is this.....first I want to say he was an extraordinary talent in the ring but his reign at middlweight was also knocked because it lacked P4P fighters at the time both Hopkins and toney were also unproven....it's no difference if golovkin destroys canelo and yet after canelo beats everybody he faces at jnr Middle weight and makes himself an ATG ..Jones beat toney and Hopkins and in my opinion was a a lot better than those two...Hopkins hardly won a round in there first encounter and toney probably win about 3 rounds.....you can't knock triple GGG untill he gets beat and if he has beaten everybody they put in front then respect is due...it's that simple....I'm saying he beats everybody but when people say he can't carry there jockstraps that's just ignorance and pure resentment.....the man has hardly lost a round yet lol
                    How the hell was James Toney unproven when Roy fought him? He was an undefeated, two division champ and was top 5 on every credible P4P list.

Hopkins was "unproven" when he fought Roy. But, after Roy beat him, he didn't lost again for well over a decade. Hindsight says he was probably very good and underappreciated whenhe fought Roy.

Comment

Saying that Roy Jones was a massive puncher is vastly over exaggerated ...yes he could bang but he wasn't a knock out artis.....and people he did knock out were almost on the same level as the fighters that golovkin has been facing so again it's double standards....I will say to you as golovkin beats everybody he faces at middlweight....even at supermiddlweight he beats them all and if the likes of canelo, Saunders,quillin,Lara who ever have the nerve to face he will also beat them...if it was the haglers,Jones,hearns,leonard,toneyys or Hopkins of this world then they would be tough fights to call
                      Roy Jones was a knockout artist. Smh. Stop. For your sake.

Comment

Working...
                      X