Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Lands Alexander Dimitrenko For March 5 HBO Headliner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigdunny1
    replied
    Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
    He is ranked 61 by Boxrec. Are you claiming 59 men ducked? No they did not.
    Who cares about boxrec rankings they mean nothing. This is the highest ranked fighter with a "name" that will agree to fight him. Give me a name of another heavyweight who is on record saying they will fight him? I'll wait....

This is a stay busy fight until they can get a mando to face the other top guys to fight him. Guys were ducking him already before Jennings after he destroyed him you think anyone else wants a part of that?

Leave a comment:

• imperial1
    replied
    Another victim for King Kong

Leave a comment:

• CaneloMaidana
    replied
    Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    I was hoping Luis would somehow fight a ranked opponent next, but I knew no one worthwhile would show their face for a March 5 date. At least Ortiz will get some practice fighting a very tall heavyweight versus the 6'7" Dimitrenko.
    He is ranked 61 by Boxrec. Are you claiming 59 men ducked? No they did not.

Leave a comment:

• CubanGuyNYC
    replied
    I was hoping Luis would somehow fight a ranked opponent next, but I knew no one worthwhile would show their face for a March 5 date. At least Ortiz will get some practice fighting a very tall heavyweight versus the 6'7" Dimitrenko.

Leave a comment:

• CaneloMaidana
    replied
    Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
    Dimitrenko only lost to Pulev, so not that bad of an opponent selection.

It's tough to get opponents for him when they all duck him. But It's only a matter of time before the bigger names have no choice but to face him.
    He lost to Eddie Chambers too.

Typical excuse making.

Leave a comment:

• Cuban Linx
    replied
    Dimitrenko only lost to Pulev, so not that bad of an opponent selection.

It's tough to get opponents for him when they all duck him. But It's only a matter of time before the bigger names have no choice but to face him.

Leave a comment:

• HanzGruber
    replied
    Why DC? Lol guess it'll be at convention center. too bad everybody will be watching ufc that night

Leave a comment:

• IMDAZED
    replied
    At least he's staying busy. He doesn't have many options. Imagine him against the Fury-Klitschko II winner.

Leave a comment:

• HIGHNESS
    replied
    They're stupid to put this fight on the same night as UFC 196: Conor McGreggor vs Rafael Dos Anjos.

Leave a comment:

• CaneloMaidana
    replied
    Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
    Here we go. Do you guys use this excuse anytime a fighter you like consistently takes sub par opposition?
    There are 59 heavyweights ranked higher. HBO loves the "this was the best fighter available excuse". He didn't even make an offer to his mandatory.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X