Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward asked Kovalev for a 172 lb catch weight would it be an issue?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    In 2007 Andre ward said he walked around at 180 pounds, so I am guessing now he has to be at least in the 190s walking around.

Andre Ward is listed at 6 foot 1

Why would Ward need a catchweight when he is not a small guy?

uhh....to weaken kovalev

Comment

Ward doesnt do catchweights. Not for Golovkin. Not for Kovalev and not for Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
        uhh....to weaken kovalev
        its lame if he does that, he is not small at all, he walks around way above the limit, he isn't a guy fighting at the limit like a Pacquiao or Mayweather or Marquez, this guy is lame if he does it, I hope he doesn't do it.

I also remember Ward saying he would go down to 160 to fight Floyd but he wouldnt meet GGG on a catchweight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          If he's okay with fighting Sullivan at 175 but not Kovalev at 175, that would be a scared-guy move. Since it's not for a title though, some fans would be okay even if Ward asks to meet halfway, cause their fave fighter would do the same. So they wouldn't want to look like hypocrites. They would grit their teeths behind their pc screen while typing 'it's okay'.
          I agree it will be some bitch shit, just like Mayweather was okay fighting cotto at 154 but not Canelo.

On a side note I think kovalev can make 172 no problem dude weighed in with a hat, super long breifs, socks, and some banner in his hand and made 174 lol.

I just want to see that damn fight already.
          Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 01-29-2016, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
            Ward asking to meet him half way between divisions for a big fight...would you have had an issue with it?

We know Ward is just moving up now but what would be the response here if he wanted the fight but halfway between divisions for both guys...
            Hell nah........if you are a LHW, then you fight at 175. Sure, he can weigh in at 172 if he wants and Kovalev will come to the weigh in with his title on the line.....weighing 175 (174 and some change).

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Ward doesnt do catchweights. Not for Golovkin. Not for Kovalev and not for Dawson.
              WINNING!!! ...../THREAD

Comment

I'd be disappointed if that happened.

Comment

Of course it would but he wouldn't. Besides, I hear he's even bigger than that on these boards. Let's stop pretending that he's going to find some way to pull out just because deep inside we don't want him to take that risk and kill our theories on his character. They aren't based in reality anyway so even if he were to fight Kovalev at 175 and win, there'll be some other reason to take credit away and if he loses, he was simply a hype job.

Comment

i would expect that from ward but i'd still be outraged

Comment

Is the Barrera fight not at 175?

Comment

Working...
                      X