Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell investment down to the last 82M? OUT of (521M)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If any of that rant is true, PBC should be out of business by April. If not, then it's pure emotional speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by PKing View Post
      That's my entire point. The contract between Haymon & Khan ALLOWED that to happen on purpose.

If Haymon could bring in the Floyd fight... good on Al. If he couldn't and Khan went the Pac/Canelo route, good on Khan. Basically it was the most open ended contract to help the fighter out.

Not difficult to comprehend.
      We will see if khan has any more dealings with haymon after this. I'm guessing no he just went to haymon competition Golden boy/hbo who is suing him! He's also now listed on golden boys list of signed fighters on their website. We will see how this shakes out but money problems, pbc dates at a all time low, fights being send to showtime and now one of his biggest assets for pbc is gone. How anyone can look at all this and act like this is part of the haymon plan and not major concerns for pbc. Idiots were literally arguing for 20 pages telling me how big khan vs Garcia was going to do on pbc. Oops you idiots spoke to soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        We will see if khan has any more dealings with haymon after this. I'm guessing no he just went to haymon competition Golden boy/hbo who is suing him! He's also now listed on golden boys list of signed fighters on their website. We will see how this shakes out but money problems, pbc dates at a all time low, fights being send to showtime and now one of his biggest assets for pbc is gone. How anyone can look at all this and act like this is part of the haymon plan and not major concerns for pbc. Idiots were literally arguing for 20 pages telling me how big khan vs Garcia was going to do on pbc. Oops you idiots spoke to soon.
        Well with Khan fighting at 155, it basically means he will have serious trouble making 147 ever again. That and getting KTFO by Canelo means his career is basically over.

No big loss to Haymon and good for Khan getting a big payday.

Comment

Why is Khan such a big loss?

No live gate, no ppv buys, & no significant ratings draw. I don't get it.
          Is that accurate?

I thought Khan-Algieri did some of the best nielsen ratings of any PBC show on cable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
            Is that accurate?

I thought Khan-Algieri did some of the best nielsen ratings of any PBC show on cable.
            What has Khan drawn in his last 4 fights? Anything signifcant vs the entire landscape?

His shows have averaged less than 800k for Algieri (Spike), Alexander & Molina (Showtime).

The key word is significant dude.
            Last edited by PKing; 02-02-2016, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Is that accurate?

Khan is a big draw and this fight is going to do well but on paper it is not very good. Thats why we watch the fights though

Fan of both but this doesnt look good for a MW to drag up a WW cause he had no one else to fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                Dan Rafael tweeted 3m3 minutes ago

I am told Haymon had nothing to do with Canelo-Khan deal. Deal done with Khan and is father. #boxing #CaneloKhan
                That's huge news for Golden Boy.

I know some had written GBP off after the Haymon sepration, but they've been signing a lot of young talent the past few weeks and now word of this fight comes out.

Seems like a strong start to the year for GBP.

Comment

I know some had written GBP off after the Haymon sepration, but they've been signing a lot of young talent the past few weeks and now word of this fight comes out.

Huge News?

What will GBP do with Khan after Canelo KO's him?

Serious question

Comment

"Although Haymon probably had to ultimately sign off on the deal, Golden Boy -- which used to promote Khan before he left when the company and Haymon had their acrimonious falling out in 2014 -- worked directly with Khan and Shah Khan, his father."

Comment

What has Khan drawn in his last 4 fights? Anything signifcant vs the entire landscape?

His shows have averaged less than 800k for Algieri (Spike), Alexander & Molina (Showtime).

The key word is significant dude.
                      His last 4 fights weren't on PBC, so why are you expanding this to include non-PBC fights?

Comment

Working...
                      X