Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debunking the PBC fighters can't fight on HBO Theory Myth and GGG's HBO contract

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by killakali View Post
    one of the key elements of your argument that the pbc is like the ufc is because the ufc "is on nbc, versus, espn, fox, fox sports" when the truth is they are only on the fox family. That isn't semantics. That is getting owned. I showed you all the ways UFC is different. Just accept it and go to sleep
    Sure thing, bud. Whatever you say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      Ok, you keep saying game over, but why are you still talking to me?

Get outta here man. You're painfully annoying like a child.
      just agree with Dana that while PBC has similarities they don't have the UFC biz model.

Comment

You do realize that HBO directed Duva to ask Beterbiev to fight on HBO. Haymon wasn't the reason why the fight didn't happen. It was because Beterbiev only had 9 fights.
        I can't speculate on behind the scene activities of fights that didn't happen, all I know is outside of Floyd vs Manny no Haymon fighter fought on HBO in awhile. You can speculate on whatever you wanna speculate on, but the facts, Haymon guys haven't fought on HBO in awhile, remain as is.

Comment

• Originally posted by original zero View Post
          Why would Haymon end it? Makes no sense. It's working. Why would he abandon his plan now?

All of HBO's top fighters . . . Haymon has most of the opponents locked up. He'll keep choking HBO slowly until HBO gives up years down the line.

Why would Haymon cave now?
          You're under some false (imo) assumption HBO & PBC can't co-exist or even work together.

I've been suggesting for awhile that there easily could be a PBC on Showtime show (officially, there is already these unofficial shows). I don't see why there couldn't be PBC on HBO at some point. Granted its not the most likely outcome, but I don't think its not something that could be in Haymon's plans or potential plans.

Comment

just agree with Dana that while PBC has similarities they don't have the UFC biz model.
            I'm not agreeing with anything.

The PBC has a similar business model to that of the UFC.

Oh yeah, BTW, the UFC has done business with more than one network in case you didn't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I can't speculate on behind the scene activities of fights that didn't happen, all I know is outside of Floyd vs Manny no Haymon fighter fought on HBO in awhile. You can speculate on whatever you wanna speculate on, but the facts, Haymon guys haven't fought on HBO in awhile, remain as is.
              I'm not speculating. Just quoting Beterbiev's manager on why they passed on the fight. Nothing to do with network issues. More to do with Artur having 9 fights.

But the main point is HBO offered a Haymon fighter a fight.

Comment

I'm not agreeing with anything.

The PBC has a similar business model to that of the UFC.

Oh yeah, BTW, the UFC has done business with more than one network in case you didn't know.
                no shiet sherlock. The article i pasted said they terminated with Spike to go to Fox. Every boxing promoter in the states has done business with more than one network. smh. wow you really are amazing.

Comment

no shiet sherlock. The article i pasted said they terminated with Spike to go to Fox. Every boxing promoter in the states has done business with more than one network. smh. wow you really are amazing.
                  Well, according to you, they only did business with one network, which was a lie.

Spike, NBC, FOX and ESPN. Should I go on?

Comment

Well, according to you, they only did business with one network, which was a lie.

Spike, NBC, FOX and ESPN. Should I go on?
                    ******, according to me "They only do business with one family of networks" I never said they have only done business with one network ever. You are the one who said they do business currently with Fox, Fox2, FS1, FX, NBC, ESPN and Versus lolololololol

Comment

i don't think haymon will let his guys fight on hbo. why would he? he has so many outlets and hes trying to destroy hbo. why would he want to provide them with content?
                      I think its a valid suggestion that Haymon could be the guilty party here & I'm even a guy who gets into the mode of saying "HBO banned Haymon" when the reality could be Haymon decided to make a fighter exodus from HBO. I don't think we got enough info to judge this tbh so we all just tend to say the narrative we like better or see as the most likely situation I think.

And I don't think Haymon is trying to destroy HBO. I think he's trying to compete with them sure, but destroy them is a bit much.

Comment

Working...
                      X