No announcement yet.

IBF orders Golovkin vs Wade, sides apparently negotiating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Probably. I don't see the Wade fight happening.

Crappy situation K2 are in. They went from Canelo to Andy Lee to Saunders to Johnson and now this crap with Wade or even Korobov (both are pretty bad). The only way they can get around the IBF mando is to either unify, which is out the window, or pay step aside money. Problem is it's not looking like there is anything worth stepping aside for.
    Wade and Korobov are in the same position. They aren't bad fighters, just bad timing. They both need a win over someone like Lemieux, N'Dam, Lee or even each other.

Comment

i don't see haymon outbidding K2/HBO for this one, so let's see if they are actually willing to play ball. the fight won't take place on showtime where it would probably draw half the viewers that it would on HBO, judging by recent trends

but i thought soliman edged wade; he really sucks. n'dam would actually be better

Comment

Well, people were wondering if the IBF would come through with another mandatory. Looks like we got that answer.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out if Wade is with Haymon.
        As for the fight itself, i'd be a liar if i said i knew anything at all about Wade.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          i don't see haymon outbidding K2/HBO for this one, so let's see if they are actually willing to play ball. the fight won't take place on showtime where it would probably draw half the viewers that it would on HBO, judging by recent trends

but i thought soliman edged wade; he really sucks. n'dam would actually be better
          I wonder what kind of ratings GGG would get on NBC or CBS?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            I wonder what kind of ratings GGG would get on NBC or CBS?
            the impression i'm getting so far from this PBC project is that ratings aren't necessarily transferable from one channel to another. i think many people who usually watch him on HBO would just end up missing the fight, and the viewer base would be the same as those who usually watch fights on NBC/CBS, maybe slightly larger since he's hotter property than anyone else currently with PBC

Comment

Yeah that's a dreadful fight. Would Haymon even want to put Wade in against Golovkin? What would be the point?

Comment

The best thing everyone could hope for is that Haymon wins the purse bid, and Golovkin vacates. One less ****ty mandatory to worry about.

Comment

Guess NOT RATED loses out on his chance to shock the world.

Comment

I hate ducking, but Wade should not face Golovkin. He could be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      The best thing everyone could hope for is that Haymon wins the purse bid, and Golovkin vacates. One less ****ty mandatory to worry about.
                      Nah...Then it will just become another Haymon belt held hostage. The best thing is for Wade to bow out.

Comment

Working...
                      X