Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Helenius Relinquishes EBU Crown, Chisora To Fight For Vacant Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Word is Chisora will face Joshua as Joshua is the highest ranked contender.

Comment

This is a common occurrence, The EBU title is handy until a mandatory comes up, then it's dropped like a hot potato. Don't blame Helenius, lose lose situation fighting Chisora.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
        Good move for Helenius no reason to waste his time on meaninglrss trinkets fighting guys he already whoped their ass. Helenius may be the only threat to Haye
        Lol! Whooped his ass? Did you see the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          Lol! Whooped his ass? Did you see the fight?
          Yes. Commentators fooled everyone who dont know anything about Boxing.

Comment

Good move for Helenius no reason to waste his time on meaninglrss trinkets fighting guys he already whoped their ass. Helenius may be the only threat to Haye

Waste his time? Boxing fans were really looking forward to seeing this rematch and a win over Chisora would get Helenius back in the HW picture, in a hurry.

Helenius not going through with this fight is a huge step back. He can now go back to fighting no name opponents in Finland. Smart move, Robert!...

Comment

Yes. Commentators fooled everyone who dont know anything about Boxing.
              I watched the fight & I know quite a bit about heavyweight fights of the last 25 years. I gave the bout to Chisora. Helenius hurt himself in 2nd round & that made the difference because Chisora pushed him around all night & was the aggressor. It wasn't a robbery as I had it a close fight but there was no Helenius ass kick like you suggest. Most people I talked to & read about had Chisora winning. Nobody was fooled Helenius simply got a gift in a close fight. All it did for Chisora was get him a title shot & a nice paycheck against Haye. I actually contributed almost 2000 HW fights to this site. So don't tell me I don't know anything about boxing. I watch a lot of Heavyweight boxing & not just the top guys like most here. I doubt there is anyone on this site that pays attention to C level & journeymen HWs more then me. All those guys people call bums I watch & own many of their fights outside the step up fights. So I have a better grasp on what they are made of then most...
              Last edited by joe strong; 01-21-2016, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Shame was looking forward to the fight. Hope something happens soon, don't wanna see Helenius on the shelf too long. Guy can punch and has some skills.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  I watched the fight & I know quite a bit about heavyweight fights of the last 25 years. I gave the bout to Chisora. Helenius hurt himself in 2nd round & that made the difference because Chisora pushed him around all night & was the aggressor. It wasn't a robbery as I had it a close fight but there was no Helenius ass kick like you suggest. Most people I talked to & read about had Chisora winning. Nobody was fooled Helenius simply got a gift in a close fight. All it did for Chisora was get him a title shot & a nice paycheck against Haye. I actually contributed almost 2000 HW fights to this site. So don't tell me I don't know anything about boxing. I watch a lot of Heavyweight boxing & not just the top guys like most here. I doubt there is anyone on this site that pays attention to C level & journeymen HWs more then me. All those guys people call bums I watch & own many of their fights outside the step up fights. So I have a better grasp on what they are made of then most...
                  Helenius is definitely rusty and inexperienced but hes got tools i believe. Since you took the time to post seriously and maturely, i will yell you i only call it an ass whooping to irritate certain "people" who obsess on my posts and harass me in private. I like Helenius for his power and tenacity. Hes slow as mud but what he did to Sam Peter made me a fan. I think the whole Saunderland thing affected him mentally and physically by keeping him out of the ring so if hes brought back in slowly and safely he can be a real beast. I think he only has like 15 fights! Hes really still a novice thats been thrown in a couple of times. For fun, youtube the video of him punching the soccor ball about 200 feet in the air. The dude is an animal! I cant wait to see him develop more
                  Last edited by Lou Cipher; 01-21-2016, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Helenius needs a name on his resume... This was a great chance for him to 'avenge' his performance in the first fight, which was an outrageous robbery. Chisora has seen better days and is certainly beatable at this stage in his career. But it looks like he doesn't want to get challenged.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                      I donīt think Chisora was any kind of problem, but Sauerland was. Canīt really blame Helenius, but I really wanted to see the rematch. Helenius is finally injury free and Chisora is shot to s*it.
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/joshua-ch...-hearn--100554

Toldy you it wasn't Sauerland lol,Robert don't want those problems lolol

Comment

Working...
                      X