Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[PLEASE HELP] Does Fury Have Wilder Shook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    I think he recognizes the challenges he presents, but to avoid him? I just don't see it.
    I think Tyson is a deceptively smart and recognizes that it's just a bad style matchup. I hope I'm wrong and that they fight. But, as clumsy as Wilder is, reach and power are the two biggest things Fury needs to worry about and Deontay has them both (though little else).
    Let's hope each wins his next match and we can see this clash of the titans!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I think Tyson is a deceptively smart and recognizes that it's just a bad style matchup. I hope I'm wrong and that they fight. But, as clumsy as Wilder is, reach and power are the two biggest things Fury needs to worry about and Deontay has them both (though little else).
      It would be a huge fight. I think Tyson not only fights Wilder, but they go toe to toe in the center of the ring beginning to end.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        People put too much thought into fighters being "scared" or "shook".

These are guys who get in the ring and fight for a living against other professional trained fighters. Also spend time in gyms and training camps for years and years from a young age sparring people day in, day out. Do you really think they are scared to fight?

They might be scared to fight because it harms their careers, reputation etc. etc. but in terms of actually physically getting in the ring and fighting each other, probably not scared at all. That's what they do.

People call certain fighters cowards. Well any boxer certainly has bigger balls than most people on this site.
        For the most part I absolutely agree, but I think there are exceptions, where one fighter is genuinely afraid of what another fighter can do.

Comment

Can't wait for this fight.

Comment

Bumped.

Comment

I don't think he's scared at all. These guys aren't scared of each other.

Fury sees Wilder and sees a rookie who is powerful, but predictable.

Wilder sees Fury as an easy KO target - Naturally, the guy has knocked everyone else out.

Let's find out who's right.

Comment

do you know how long Deontay's reach is?

I know Tyson's is 86" or something.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  do you know how long Deontay's reach is?

I know Tyson's is 86" or something.
                  Wow, blast from the past here.
                  Regarding reach, I don't know his measurements but even if it's the same or slightly shorter, he's highly effective at implementing reach via technique. That's how he battered Stiverne, who everyone swore would counter and nap Deontay.
                  Another problem is, Wilder is faster and more powerful and Tyson, again making the reach more effective. That's why I don't think the styles work well for Tyson.

Take Joshua though, he's powerful and somewhat fast, but not rangey in how he implements his technique and I think Tyson's jab creates problems for him. Fury might even be able to Vitali him over 12 rounds.

We can speculate all day but this is one of those fascinating things you have to watch play out. There are so many factors at play in a guy's performance that predicting is just a fun exercise.

Last edited by Redd Foxx; 06-30-2016, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Wow, blast from the past here.
                    Regarding reach, I don't know his measurements but even if it's the same or slightly shorter, he's highly effective at implementing reach via technique. That's how he battered Stiverne, who everyone swore would counter and nap Deontay.
                    Another problem is, Wilder is faster and more powerful and Tyson, again making the reach more effective. That's why I don't think the styles work well for Tyson.

Take Joshua though, he's powerful and somewhat fast, but not rangey in how he implements his technique and I think Tyson's jab creates problems for him. Fury might even be able to Vitali him over 12 rounds.

We can speculate all day but this is one of those fascinating things you have to watch play out. There are so many factors at play in a guy's performance that predicting is just a fun exercise.
                    I read his reach is 83" so not too much of a difference. that's true what you say about stiverne, but he also was able to counter Deontay on multiple occasions. But Wilder really showed he could take a punch which was good to see.

Is he faster though? I'm not sold on that. I think Fury is faster both on speed and foot than Wilder. At least that's what it looks like to me. Wilder has cleaner punches though, but technically it's not pretty imo. He also throws single jabs. Fury throws doubles and triples, which I don't think many heavyweights do these days.

I agree what you said about Joshua, but I think Joshua is more set on his feet than Wilder and head movement is a little better. But I also don't think his reach is more than 80" or so, so he's obviously not as rangey, but also doesn't really fight that way.

It's interesting, I can see ways all of them can lose to each other but also how they could win against each other. I can see Fury outboxing both of them quite easily, but he could also get caught and go down to both of them.

Wilder has a strong right hand that can equalize any opponent at any time, but I don't think his jab or hook or footwork is much. Joshua is the most technically gifted of all of them and his presence in the ring is the best - but who has he really fought? I also can see him gassing whereas Fury and Wilder have proven to be solid through 12 rounds.

Interesting little threesome there.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      I read his reach is 83" so not too much of a difference. that's true what you say about stiverne, but he also was able to counter Deontay on multiple occasions. But Wilder really showed he could take a punch which was good to see.

Is he faster though? I'm not sold on that. I think Fury is faster both on speed and foot than Wilder. At least that's what it looks like to me. Wilder has cleaner punches though, but technically it's not pretty imo. He also throws single jabs. Fury throws doubles and triples, which I don't think many heavyweights do these days.

I agree what you said about Joshua, but I think Joshua is more set on his feet than Wilder and head movement is a little better. But I also don't think his reach is more than 80" or so, so he's obviously not as rangey, but also doesn't really fight that way.

It's interesting, I can see ways all of them can lose to each other but also how they could win against each other. I can see Fury outboxing both of them quite easily, but he could also get caught and go down to both of them.

Wilder has a strong right hand that can equalize any opponent at any time, but I don't think his jab or hook or footwork is much. Joshua is the most technically gifted of all of them and his presence in the ring is the best - but who has he really fought? I also can see him gassing whereas Fury and Wilder have proven to be solid through 12 rounds.

Interesting little threesome there.
                      Fury is light years more technically gifted than AJ. "Presence" is debatable and an intangible that doesn't always translate to victory either, similar to having heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X