Wilder will NEVER beat Povetkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Not giving Szpilka any credit huh. SMH, these are boxing fans
    Did anyone really regard Szpilka very highly to begin with?

He put up a good fight but he wasn't expected to win. He's been dropped by no-names fairly recently and has a TKO loss to Jennings.

It's the trend to suddenly pretend every victory was a great one on here, a day after everyone was making fun of the fight even happening.

To be fair it is Wilder's best win so far.

Comment

Spilzka is taller and longer than Povetkin while also being a southpaw. He also likes to fight on the outside and tends to be open on the way in.

It is heavy though and Povetkin is a good fighter so he can make something happen but it is not some easy fight for him.

Comment

6'2 dude with no power gave him trouble, Fury is 6'9, Hell Povetkin is 6'2 with power

Comment

I will bet all my points that Wilder beats, and KOs Povetkin.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            I will bet all my points that Wilder beats, and KOs Povetkin.
            Ill bet everything i have Povetkin ko's him

Comment

Wilder will KO Povetkin. His height and reach will be too much even for Popy.

Comment

Originally posted by Courage Award View Post
                Did anyone really regard Szpilka very highly to begin with?

He put up a good fight but he wasn't expected to win. He's been dropped by no-names fairly recently and has a TKO loss to Jennings.

It's the trend to suddenly pretend every victory was a great one on here, a day after everyone was making fun of the fight even happening.

To be fair it is Wilder's best win so far.
                Not trying to make it out like Szpilka was some beast but give the guy his props, he put on a good performance.

Wilder's best win is still Stiverne

Comment

Szpilka and Povetkin are completely different fighters, Povetkin has never showed that type of movement and is pretty easy to hit. Szpilka was moving at a pace he could only keep up for a few rounds, it was just a matter of time before he slowed down and Wilder landed.

Furthermore Szpilka is a southpaw which is why Wilder initially had so much trouble closing the distance. And Wilder didn't get rocked, Szpilka kept stepping on his feet due to his southpaw style. Szpilka also came in the best shape of his career.

Povetkin will be there to hit, and eat Wilder's jabs as Povetkin needs to be up close to land anything powerful. Very basic offense, I doubt he takes Wilder's shots.

Comment

I guarantee if h does beat him you won't man up and say you were wrong. Or maybe you'll just move the goal post

Comment

Povetkin's powerful, but Szpilka has youth, movement, and speed to his credit.

I admit that Povetkin, Ortiz, and Haye would give Wilder his toughest battles.

Comment

Working...
                      X