Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious Q: Do you still have respect for Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11 people don't respect a fighter who in many years gave us everything we wanted from him.

SMDH

Comment

Pacquiao is going into the HOF. He's one of the greatest to ever pace up a pair.

It's really amazing how certain posters try to downplay Manny referring to him as 48 and such.

War Manny

Comment

Don't make the mistake of becoming fans of people you don't know personally (and even then it's ill-advised). When you instead become a fan of the person's philosophies, fighting style, ideas, etc...then you don't fall victim to false choices like the one offered in this thread. It keeps you from having to defend Bowie's alleged pedaphilia, Cosby's sexual assaults, B. Clinton's use of sex slaves, Pac's illegitimate kid, Mayweather's domestic abuse stuff, etc...
        That said, when Pac became super religious, and spent part of the Pac/Bradley I promo talking about how gays shouldn't be allowed to get married bc it's a biblical sin, blah, blah, I started to discover that he wasn't just a guy who seemed shallow bc he spoke English as a second language. If you listen to him speaking to "his people" in the Philippines with a translator, he's just a common moron.
        Not much left to admire besides a reel of exciting fights.

Comment

I do.

I do not respect the excuse making, but Manny himself is a great fighter that deserves respect.

In terms of rational fans of the sport (in other words, not fanboys) he is at such a high level of calibre that even those that dislike him/arent really fans of his, still can accept that he deserves respect, even after the whole shady handling of the shoulder injury he still has a great career and is a top draw fighter from the past generation.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyboy867 View Post
            pacquiao was a mega superstar in his prime. in the phillipines he probably still is. but after that stunt he pulled off in the post fight after the mayweather bout with all the excuses and everything, do you still have any respect for him? he gave no credit to mayweather. boxers fight with injuries all the time but when the stakes are so high like the may-pac fight you would expect that both fighters are 100% healthy..

his career is coming to an end so it probably doesnt mean much if his next ppv bombs but will you, the fans still have any respect for MP after he retires?

He never took an L with humility or grace

Also the media swept shady things his team did under the rug and the excuses

The wrong socks OSDT cut off dates

drug tests weaken him, yet took them before and also ended up taking them in the end

I lost a lot of respect for him when he turned down the fight because of drug testing,then roach admits that he didn't know what he took pre work out and that cut off dates stalled the fight

never saw a fighte r tuen down a 40 million dollar drug test

Comment

Why wouldn't I? This man had one of the most impressive runs in the history of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                Nope, and not because of his fake shoulder excuse (probably wasn't even him who thought of it). I don't respect him more or less because he's a puppet. He's a naive, gullible and stupid puppet for the snakes around him and he doesn't even know it. Bob Arum has been exploiting him for his entire career at Top Rank.

He garnered more respect before the "born again Christian" stage in his career when he was full of Ariza Shakes and knocking people out and taking names.
                for me it was

1) Cut of dates for ODST....its not random when you know when they begin and end

2)Roach admitting drug testing killed the first round of negotiations years ago

3) He was afraid of needles and has tattoos

4) Roach calling Ariza shady and in the same instance admitting he didn't know what was Manny's pre workout drink i.e. Ariza Shakes

5) The media trying to make him something he wasn't, which was the best of this era.....Like Floyd said, " How can a fighter that lost in the decade be fighter of the decade, when im undefeated and have been champion over a decade?"

6)Bang, Bang, Bang Bang...the commentary was atrocious in some of his fights especially Marquez 3 where Marquez outboxed him and landed the better shots

7) Shoulder excuse....no rub down, no complaining mid fight, didn't bring it up in post fight interview

8)Using God like he choses sides in a sporting event....really?

Comment

pacquiao was a mega superstar in his prime. in the phillipines he probably still is. but after that stunt he pulled off in the post fight after the mayweather bout with all the excuses and everything, do you still have any respect for him? he gave no credit to mayweather. boxers fight with injuries all the time but when the stakes are so high like the may-pac fight you would expect that both fighters are 100% healthy..

his career is coming to an end so it probably doesnt mean much if his next ppv bombs but will you, the fans still have any respect for MP after he retires?

I have been a big fan of Pacquiao for many years. I am not going to lose respect for him because he didn't handle the loss as well as he could have. Mayweather didn't school him in some type of clinic as some of his fans say. Mayweather won about 8 rounds and lost about 4 rounds in my opinion and the opinion of the judges who had no reason to show favoritism to Pacquiao. Mayweather clearly won but losing 4 rounds is hardly a schooling. His father was screaming at Floyd at the end of several rounds to quit fighting scared. Floyd sure didn't win those rounds. That's not a clinic. Pacquiao could have fought a better fight but he did OK against a great fighter who has never lost a fight. Pacquiao is hardly the first fighter to blame a poor performance on an injury. Bradley made a huge deal about his injuries and "broke feet" after both of his fights with Pacquiao. Should we also lose all respect for Bradley? I respect Pacquiao and I think he will show in his final fight that he is still a fighter to be very much respected.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    for me it was

1) Cut of dates for ODST....its not random when you know when they begin and end

2)Roach admitting drug testing killed the first round of negotiations years ago

3) He was afraid of needles and has tattoos

4) Roach calling Ariza shady and in the same instance admitting he didn't know what was Manny's pre workout drink i.e. Ariza Shakes

5) The media trying to make him something he wasn't, which was the best of this era.....Like Floyd said, " How can a fighter that lost in the decade be fighter of the decade, when im undefeated and have been champion over a decade?"

6)Bang, Bang, Bang Bang...the commentary was atrocious in some of his fights especially Marquez 3 where Marquez outboxed him and landed the better shots

7) Shoulder excuse....no rub down, no complaining mid fight, didn't bring it up in post fight interview

8)Using God like he choses sides in a sporting event....really?
                    This I hate Pacquiao rant should easily win you the I hate Pacquiao the most award. Are you a close relative of Mayweather?

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                      Why wouldn't I? This man had one of the most impressive runs in the history of the sport.
                      That's pretty much all there is to it :ANYWORD:

Comment

Working...
                      X