Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious Q: Do you still have respect for Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Q: Do you still have respect for Manny Pacquiao?

pacquiao was a mega superstar in his prime. in the phillipines he probably still is. but after that stunt he pulled off in the post fight after the mayweather bout with all the excuses and everything, do you still have any respect for him? he gave no credit to mayweather. boxers fight with injuries all the time but when the stakes are so high like the may-pac fight you would expect that both fighters are 100% healthy..

his career is coming to an end so it probably doesnt mean much if his next ppv bombs but will you, the fans still have any respect for MP after he retires?

yes
    76.81%
    no
    23.19%
    Last edited by crazyboy867; 01-15-2016, 02:30 AM.

He could have handled it better but losing respect for an ATG who fought everyone all because of one interview is weak ****.

Comment

No just too many excuses for every loss its always something with this guy going waaaay back , cramps god socks shoulders you name it Manny has used it , Manny had a great career but I cant respect him when he lies to save face .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        No just too many excuses for every loss its always something with this guy going waaaay back , cramps god socks shoulders you name it Manny has used it , Manny had a great career but I cant respect him when he lies to save face .
        Do you have proof he didn't have a shoulder injury?

Comment

Doesn't matter if made excuses or not. Anyone who steps in the ring deserves respect, let alone a legend like Pac.

Comment

Nope, and not because of his fake shoulder excuse (probably wasn't even him who thought of it). I don't respect him more or less because he's a puppet. He's a naive, gullible and stupid puppet for the snakes around him and he doesn't even know it. Bob Arum has been exploiting him for his entire career at Top Rank.

He garnered more respect before the "born again Christian" stage in his career when he was full of Ariza Shakes and knocking people out and taking names.

Comment

Not do much really, and I was a big fan of him

Comment

Originally posted by crazyboy867 View Post
                pacquiao was a mega superstar in his prime. in the phillipines he probably still is. but after that stunt he pulled off in the post fight after the mayweather bout with all the excuses and everything, do you still have any respect for him? he gave no credit to mayweather. boxers fight with injuries all the time but when the stakes are so high like the may-pac fight you would expect that both fighters are 100% healthy..

his career is coming to an end so it probably doesnt mean much if his next ppv bombs but will you, the fans still have any respect for MP after he retires?

Fighters do fight with injuries all the time, you have to give Pacquiao respect, he went in there a torn shoulder, thats on one of the fastest and most explosive fighter in the sport, throwing with a torn shoulder. He could've pulled out, but he had to go throught it. Shoulder was probably feeling good through the beginning of the camp, but might've re-injured it when camp intensified, started feeling better when camp started taping off, and wanted a shot on the shoulder just in case it came up during the fight.

what was he suppose to do, postpone the fight? He's lucky, and i mean lucky the fight was even happening then. So much money involved, and planning, he had no choice but to go forward, there's no telling what could've happen if they called the fight off.

Regardless, Pacquiao was injured, and did have surgery on that shoulder by a well respected doctor.

He did the right thing, give him a rematch and see if it's true, Floyd beats Manny on the rematch, there's no excuses.

but i doubt it happens, unless Floyd wants yet another payday.

Comment

Best career of his generation, so yes. Much respect. Nobody fought as many great fighters in their prime as Manny did.

Comment

As a fighter, yes. That was some weak **** he pulled post-fight though. Really weak.

Comment

Working...
                    X